Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2009, 07:39 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I know it's little comfort, but the person(s) responsible are probably in a much worse place than you, likely using quick proceeds to buy drugs and feed an addiction, likely been caught before and likely to be caught again.

08-10-2009, 07:43 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is there going to be any recovery from insurance? Tourdeforce has a tak kit of 4 taks that are in excellent shape for sell. Perhaps you could convince him to hold them for you.
08-10-2009, 07:51 AM   #18
Veteran Member

I hope that they recovery everything for you Mel, but even more important. I hope that the rest of your holiday goes good.
08-10-2009, 07:57 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mel, that is a tough blow for you and family.

I am glad not everything camera wise was stolen, so hopefully you can have some images to enjoy it with.

Regards,
Marc

08-10-2009, 08:08 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Leaf Fan Quote
I know it's little comfort, but the person(s) responsible are probably in a much worse place than you, likely using quick proceeds to buy drugs and feed an addiction, likely been caught before and likely to be caught again.
Sorry, but no sympathy for slimeball criminal junkie thieves. Many people are in rough shape, especially right now. Most, however, do not resort to thievery.

Mike
08-10-2009, 08:22 AM   #21
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Sorry, but no sympathy for slimeball criminal junkie thieves. Many people are in rough shape, especially right now. Most, however, do not resort to thievery.

Mike

Fully agree. Dilligent enforcement and appropriate punishment is the only way.
08-10-2009, 08:40 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Like others Mel sorry to hear - glad eveyone is ok. Seems you are strong women and will carry on. Karma will eventaully take it's revenge on those thieves. Hope the rest of the trip help puts this expereince out of mind for a while. One all the paper work is done , hopefully the insureance will eventually cover at least what was stolen.

08-10-2009, 08:58 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That stinks. Unfortunately we can be quite vulnerable when traveling. Carrying that much gear it is practically unavoidable.
An additional benefit of traveling light is better security. I bring only as much gear as I can carry on my person at all times.

Chris
08-10-2009, 10:02 AM   #24

Mel,

Sorry to read about your misfortune. I hope the rest of your vacation is better than how it started.

Thanks
08-10-2009, 10:41 AM   #25
Damn Brit

I'm sorry Mel, that sucks. It's not fair that anyone, especially a couple of nine year olds should experience that. I hope you are able to get their minds off it and enjoy the rest of your holiday.
08-10-2009, 10:55 AM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:

Mike
I agree Mike. Very sorry to hear about your troubles Mel. Crap!!! JIM
08-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Sorry to hear about your loss Mel. I remember you saying that you are heading up to Providence sometime this week is that where this happened or was it closer to home ?
08-10-2009, 12:03 PM   #28

Wow, that is horrible! Glad to hear that you and your family weren't harmed in the process, though. Gotta be thankful for that. Poor kids- Old enough to understand, but not quite old enough to comprehend why people would do that. I hope you can salvage a good vacation despite the carelessness of others. And I hope all the insurance claims go smoothly for you.
08-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #29
PDL
Pentaxian

Sorry to hear about your stuff getting ripped off.

You have a list of all the serial numbers of the cameras and lenses -- right? Let the police know so the local pawn shops will be on the look out. When my cameras were stolen last year I got most of them back. The police were pretty impressed that I had the serial numbers for all my bodies and lenses at hand.

If you do not have a list of serial numbers - get out pencil an paper and write all that stuff down. Once you are back home and can get a copy sent to the police - you just might be surprised - some of your stuff just might show up.

The Elitist - formerly known as PDL
08-10-2009, 12:34 PM   #30
Inactive Account

Oh that sucks!! I think I'd break down and cry. You work hard for your stuff and then some idiot has to take it away. I hope they did have some kind of security cameras. And obviously they were already casing the place out or have done that before.

Give the kids hugs and I hope the police find your stuff.