Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
Veteran Member

peeved at Dealextreme

ok i just have to make this posting because i know people like them on here. i don't care if anyone responses to this really, i think i just need to vent so i don't go nuts haha.

ok, so i made an order, waited a week for it to be shipped and while tracking it i got this on the CanadaPost website: Refused by Customs. Unacceptable sender info. Item being returned to sender.

I call customs and talk with someone about it. They of course are tards over there, but explain it could have been the P.O. Box return address on the label. And because of 9/11 they have these stupid policies if the return address looks suspicious they automatically send it back to sender. Why not open the package and see it was just an umbrella??? who know lol

When the mailman came after the weekend for me to sign for another package from DX i asked him why it may have been sent back. He looked at my package and pointed out on the customs slip that it didn't even have the contents in the package. He said they need to include what's in the package and that may have been the reason as well. Unacceptable sender info could have been the P.O. Box return address, but more likely not having the contents in the shipment.

I email DX and say it was returned by customs, over a week ago, and the little bitches are dragging their feet, making me think it was my error that package was refused. So lame. Saying it may have gone back to them because i wasn't home. Riiiiiiiiight. Because if it requires a signature and no one is home we all know the shipment goes back to sender. *rolls eyes* They are insisting i pay for the shipping they have incurred, and I won't stand for that. I don't see how i should pay for the shipping when it was DX's error the package was sent back, even the mailman said I shouldn't pay for the shipping either because it was DX's mistakes for the returned package.

Ok i'm done

08-10-2009, 08:35 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What a pain. You would think that it is a complicated process to send something across the border. The rules are simple...fill in the blanks and do so honestly. No description = no declaration!

As far as the return address matter...yes, there is such thing as triggering a denied party rejection. This can be based on information related to any party taking part in the sale (shipper, transporter, purchaser, recipient, recipients roommate, etc...) Denial should be rare for a known commercial shipper, but who knows?

Steve
08-11-2009, 01:13 AM   #3
Damn Brit

Tell them you will file a claim with your credit card company and that you will take your business elsewhere.
But when you contact them, use reasonable language, it works much better.
08-12-2009, 10:44 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Tell them you will file a claim with your credit card company and that you will take your business elsewhere.
But when you contact them, use reasonable language, it works much better.
are "f*** shit damn" reasonable words? hehe

email today "We have done the refund application for you, the $2.00 shipping fee is for you as a gift." lol a gift? riiiiight