Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2007, 07:49 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Amazon.com acquires dpreview.com

Who is going to rule there now? Who is going to ban people and who is going to do reviews ? A lot of questions, we shall see in near future

Amazon.com acquires dpreview.com: Digital Photography Review

05-14-2007, 04:07 PM   #2
Inactive Account

I still won't go back.
05-14-2007, 08:33 PM   #3

Not that I care terribly but now they should have no excuse to perform an extreme-makeover on the fora. Sheesh....
05-14-2007, 09:15 PM   #4

Maybe not. The fact that their design was so bad was my initial reason to come here when I was looking for a photo forum. I'm glad I chose PF

05-14-2007, 11:24 PM   #5
Veteran Member

The fact that their design was so bad was my only reason for leaving and never returning after a minutes visit. Design so bad - from people peddling information pertaining to the visual realm - deserves to be shunned.
05-15-2007, 03:49 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
"We've worked very hard over the last eight years to deliver consistently high quality content to our readers", founder Phil Askey said.
Bahahaha.

I found that comment somewhat amusing. The only reason i go anywhere near that place is to look at the pictures they have of the cameras.

Afterall, i was banned after my first post there a while back
05-15-2007, 04:40 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by -spam- Quote
Whoa! That must be a record. What on earth did you say?? Er, maybe you shouldn't repeat it...

Julie

05-15-2007, 04:03 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Welcome to the Club.

QuoteOriginally posted by -spam- Quote
Bahahaha.

I found that comment somewhat amusing. The only reason i go anywhere near that place is to look at the pictures they have of the cameras.

I think I lasted a few weeks..It all seems so hazy now. However one of the things I will miss is the previous person who tested material and was also a brilliant photographer. I particularly loved his technique of making stuff that was light, really light so it kind of disappeared into nothingness. I also loved his/her natural sense of composition that I could only wish in my wildest dreams to accomplish...

It will be a great loss to those amongst us who seek inspiration on that higher plane of enlightenment. That "Place" that is pure of external or corporate influence that can often bias or fog ones true colors "unless of course you have already sold the rainbow to your local Walmart". That is what I will miss most at DP Reviews. I am sure however that Amazon will maintain that high standard of scrutiny held previously by BSReviews....

Sincerest Heart Felt Nepotistic Best Wishes

John Doe
05-15-2007, 07:57 PM   #9
Inactive Account

so much hate towards dpreview around here... if it wasnt for that site, i wouldnt be shooting pentax right now!
05-16-2007, 04:39 AM   #10
Veteran Member

No Hate

QuoteOriginally posted by option Quote
so much hate towards dpreview around here... if it wasnt for that site, i wouldnt be shooting pentax right now!
I do not hate DP Reviews. In fact, if it were not for DP reviews, there wouldn't be a standard to rise above or fall below. No, no hate, just consternation on my behalf.

Ben
05-16-2007, 10:17 AM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
...a standard to rise above or fall below...
or in mathematical terms - the "lowest common denominator"
05-16-2007, 10:33 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I posted at dpreview for a while. I thought the forum software was horrible, but I thought the community was pretty good. I ended up switching here because the forums are a lot nicer, and the people here are just as friendly, if not more.
05-16-2007, 11:23 AM   #13
Inactive Account

We have a lot of members that have come from DP review. (Most of them are the older members who for reasons of their own switched to Pentaxforums.com) I think most of us were very dissatisfied with the infighting and speculation over the K10. Then there were some of us who were banned for reasons only known to Phil. (Another reason to switch). But there are still some friends and the old gang still posting on that place.