Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-14-2009, 09:27 AM   #1
Veteran Member

I think Glenn Beck is in it for the money..

A talk show host that says what his network pays him to say? Oh those video clips can come back at you. This is just funny.

Video: Glenn Beck's Operation | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

Larry

08-14-2009, 11:22 AM   #2
Damn Brit

What a w****r, thanks for the link Larry.
08-14-2009, 11:41 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Yeah, if he was in it for the p&$$y, he'd be off the air by now.

Jason
08-14-2009, 12:03 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
What a w****r, thanks for the link Larry.
I'm not even going to look. I already know how I'll react.

As a general rule I wish Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh would just quit. And I'm a conservative!

Well, I formerly called my self a conservative. Now I call myself a free-market libertarian.

I haven't changed much, but the labels have.

08-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #5
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I'm not even going to look. I already know how I'll react.

As a general rule I wish Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh would just quit. And I'm a conservative!

Well, I formerly called my self a conservative. Now I call myself a free-market libertarian.

I haven't changed much, but the labels have.
Actually, you should look, it's unbelievable.
08-14-2009, 12:12 PM   #6
Igilligan

THANK YOU Larry

I wish this would just play as a loop... for 30 minutes on one of the Network channels..

What a ass for a mouthpiece FOX has paid big money for! Way to go Rupert... Just keep pullin' the strings, even when your Puppets turn out to Clowns
08-14-2009, 12:29 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
And before anyone says it, no one here with a brain will buy into a notion that Mr Beck was forced to follow script at CNN and allowed to speak his mind at Fox. We Pentaxians are not that naive.

Larry

08-14-2009, 12:49 PM   #8
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by larryinlc Quote
And before anyone says it, no one here with a brain will buy into a notion that Mr Beck was forced to follow script at CNN and allowed to speak his mind at Fox. We Pentaxians are not that naive.

Larry
The majority of us anyway.
08-14-2009, 01:00 PM   #9
Banned

oh my, that was fabulous.
08-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #10

Photos: Gallery
How many "celebrities" do you think are NOT in it for the money?
08-14-2009, 01:57 PM   #11
graphicgr8s

Is there any other reason to be in anything at all? Well except a real Preacher.
08-14-2009, 02:07 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I said I wasnt going to comment on this

Does anyone actually think that John Stewart does not have his own agenda when it comes to the slant he puts on the "news" Here is a man that many Americans watch daily to get the news from No media outlet is free from their parent companies political agenda be it to the right or the left. To sit here and say that someone on a comedy channel is a worthy source of unbiased news is lying to themselves.
Read and watch as many diffrent sources of news as you can and come to your own conclusion dont sit there and be fed one "view" of the news. Before I get slammed I do watch Fox, as well as CNN,MSNBC and read the feeds from AP,Reuters as well as a half dozen newspaper websites.
Ok heading off the soapbox have fun all
08-14-2009, 02:56 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Don't crucify the source. These video clips would be the same no matter who was presenting them. Yes, they all have their bias but in this case, the Glenn Beck message stands on it's own. The question that needs to be asked is what exactly are his motives? This is not about anyone but Mr Beck and his apparent
hypocrisy. John Stewart was only the messenger albiet colored in his comedic way, but the video clips were in no way created by him or his network.

Larry

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
I said I wasnt going to comment on this

Does anyone actually think that John Stewart does not have his own agenda when it comes to the slant he puts on the "news" Here is a man that many Americans watch daily to get the news from No media outlet is free from their parent companies political agenda be it to the right or the left. To sit here and say that someone on a comedy channel is a worthy source of unbiased news is lying to themselves.
Read and watch as many diffrent sources of news as you can and come to your own conclusion dont sit there and be fed one "view" of the news. Before I get slammed I do watch Fox, as well as CNN,MSNBC and read the feeds from AP,Reuters as well as a half dozen newspaper websites.
Ok heading off the soapbox have fun all
08-14-2009, 03:22 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I don't think Jon Stewart has ever claimed to be fair & balanced, either.

And anyway, there's a substantial difference between having a belief for personal reasons and going against your personal beliefs to toe the party line for the sake of a big paycheck.
08-14-2009, 06:06 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That's really funny... well Jon Stewart may be a comedian but at least he puts issues in a better perspective. Comedy is good when Americans are bombarded silly by the pandemic of disinformation coming from right wing Republicans - Whine Flu
Closed Thread