Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-15-2009, 01:49 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That is indeed a scam, I sell stuff on Craigslist a lot and I get A LOT of these very similar emails. Even when I state that it's only for sale cash and locally.

08-15-2009, 05:33 AM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Dear calldesign2006,
We want to notify you that the payment of Mrs Gloria Becks regarding your transaction with her for an eBay item:Pentax K100D DSLR with SMC-F 35-70mm f/3.5-4.5 Macro, has been processed and approved.

Due to the numerous amount of complains gotten from buyers that after payment has been made, they do not get their item been posted out, we have decided to place your money on Pending to the time you confirm the shipment to us and then we credit your PayPal Account immediately.

We also want to advise you that you should not provide the Buyer, Mrs Gloria Becks with the tracking number or reference number until the money has been credited into your PayPal Account, once you carry out the shipments, send the tracking number to us so that we can credit your PayPal Account immediately, then you can provide it to the Buyer, Mrs Gloria Becks.

If you can carry out the postage today, we will credit your PayPal Account immediately, once we get and confirm the shipment which would be carried out through Royal Mail Airmail International as concluded by you and the Buyer, Mrs Gloria Becks.
Thanks for your Co-operation,

Yours Sincerely,

Gene Briant.
At the moment I'm considering sending a parcel containing a 4x6 depicitng me giving 'the finger'.

QuoteQuote:
Due to the numerous amount of complains gotten from buyers that after payment has been made, they do not get their item been posted out,
08-15-2009, 08:34 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Forward that to Ebay and paypal security...

Pat
08-15-2009, 08:48 AM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by Pwn4g3_P13 Quote
At the moment I'm considering sending a parcel containing a 4x6 depicitng me giving 'the finger'.
I wouldnt do that because you might get someone really upset and they would have your address with that package.
To the people questioning the motives for everyone saying its a scam: you apparently have not seen a magical deduction from your account because the money that was deposited was not actually there in the first place. This is the problem with things like instant transfer from banks from different countries. It can often take weeks for the amount to be traced back to either an empty account, or a fraudulent account and have the transaction reversed thus leaving you with no money and no item.

08-15-2009, 09:43 AM   #20
Veteran Member

You've received a typical Nigerian scam form letter. I receive an identical offer, practically word for word, whenever I list an item on Craigslist.
08-16-2009, 10:48 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Of course you could get the mailing address and send them a brick or concrete block, postage due COD... and declare the value as $3000 to be sure nigerian customs collects taxes

All using a fake name/senders address of course

Pat
(yeah I know, I'm not very nice )
08-17-2009, 08:18 AM   #22

Original Poster
I chickened out, reported her, relisted the item sans Buy It Now, and blocked her email,

I feel like a failure

08-17-2009, 08:23 AM   #23
Inactive Account

Good move.

If you had done what they asked, you would have shipped the item and they would have either charged back the amount (so Paypal would take the money back out of your paypal account - or bank - or cc) and you wouldn't be covered because you shipped to an unconfirmed address.

Never ship to an unconfirmed address unless you know the person. You have little to no security if you ship to an unconfirmed address.

I always make that clear in the listing, that if someone pays with an unconfirmed address, their money will be refunded promptly and they item will not be shipped.
08-17-2009, 02:13 PM   #24
Veteran Member

I chickened out, reported her, relisted the item sans Buy It Now, and blocked her email,

I feel like a failure
You didn't chicken out..... you made an intelligent, informed decision.
08-17-2009, 03:45 PM   #25

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Leaf Fan Quote
Good move.

If you had done what they asked, you would have shipped the item and they would have either charged back the amount (so Paypal would take the money back out of your paypal account - or bank - or cc) and you wouldn't be covered because you shipped to an unconfirmed address.

Never ship to an unconfirmed address unless you know the person. You have little to no security if you ship to an unconfirmed address.

I always make that clear in the listing, that if someone pays with an unconfirmed address, their money will be refunded promptly and they item will not be shipped.
Oh no! i meant I chickened out in the sence that I was planning to send her a box containing a 4x6 of my giving 'the finger', she was a scammer using false paypal address, never in a million years would i have sent it to her, but yes, in the end this probably was the better choice
08-17-2009, 03:47 PM   #26
Banned

Oh no! i meant I chickened out in the sence that I was planning to send her a box containing a 4x6 of my giving 'the finger', she was a scammer using false paypal address, never in a million years would i have sent it to her, but yes, in the end this probably was the better choice
clearly. not the most bad ass, but the better.
08-17-2009, 03:53 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Also, do not name yourself 'Pownage Pie' without computer savvy. That's just asking for it.