Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-15-2009, 09:52 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Classical & Jazz..... My Rock days are far behind me. I've only one life to live, can listen to the same riffs & lyrical sentiments, or slight variations thereof, for only so many decades. (Although I do occasionally lend an ear for nostalgia's sake, mostly in the car)

08-15-2009, 10:15 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Music playing as I write this: Jennifer Warnes singing "First We Take Manhattan".
Bet I'm the only one listening to that!
08-15-2009, 12:49 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by shooz Quote
I like Buddy Guy too!
Aaaah, maaaan....
How come he never tours Europe?
Last year Bob Dylan had a concert at a stadium half a mile from where I live (went), this year Santana, Eric Burdon and The Animals, Solomon Burke(didn't go because of the chemistry exam)...
Oh, and last year Chuck Berry and Tommy Emmanuel were 300km from my town. I wanted to go but I had a test to get into university (I don't how do you call that) and a few months later Johnny Winter was playing in the town I'm studying in but I had my anatomy exam the next day so there was no chance I was going... Dammit, I missed out a lot of 'em
08-15-2009, 01:10 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Having a 14 year old son who plays electric guitar means that the music at home is very much what he is learning at the moment. But I must say that his taste is good with both new and old music.

So right now it is Neil Young Heart of Gold and Green Day Boulevard of broken dreams.

08-15-2009, 02:07 PM   #20
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The mp3 mix I listen to in the Jeep would implode the average person's mind. It has everything from Waylon Jennings (Clyde, Never Could Toe the Mark), Apocalyptica, Blondie, Lacy J. Dalton, Doors, Grandpa Jones, Grateful Dead, Bobby Bare, Jerry Reid, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Mellencamp, Chicken Shack, Bangles, Southern Culture on the Skids, P-Funk, Rick James, Hank Williams, Hank Williams Jr., Rattle Snake Annie, Spin Doctors, Venus Hum, Dr. John, Clarence Carter, Moxy (Sugar), Depeche Mode, Dave Mathews, String Bean, Alexander Balanescu, Black Oak Arkansas, Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Troggs, The Kinks, The Guess Who, Molly Hatchet and on and on. Music is kind of like Pentax gear for me and Time and Genre has no boundraries.
08-15-2009, 05:04 PM   #21
graphicgr8s

Elvis and Crying Baby right now. But if it's not talk radio than it's classic rock all the time.
08-15-2009, 06:35 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by K McCall Quote
I think the Francoise Hardy song is called "Tous les Garcons (Et Les Filles)." I agree that it's a charming song - and it's technically what I'm listening to at the moment, because of this post.

But before that, I was listening to "Shelcha" by Yael Naim and David Donatien.
That's the song. I wasn't sure of the complete title. I was really in love with her in my teens

08-16-2009, 06:37 AM   #23
Banned

this will tell you everything you need to know and then some things you probably don't care about.

http://www.last.fm/user/seamuis
08-16-2009, 06:44 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
At this exact moment, Tchaikovski's 1812 Overture.

Don't let that fool you though, I'm a Rock'n Roll guy: 60's, 70's 80's and 90's.
08-16-2009, 01:35 PM   #25
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
At this exact moment, Tchaikovski's 1812 Overture.

Don't let that fool you though, I'm a Rock'n Roll guy: 60's, 70's 80's and 90's.
There hasn't been real rock n roll since the mid 80's
08-16-2009, 01:46 PM   #26
Inactive Account

When I started reading this thread, Bring it on Home - Zep was playing, now that's ended and No Quarter - Zep just started. LZ's my most favourite band/music, but any Rock and Roll will usually do.
08-16-2009, 02:30 PM   #27
Veteran Member

polyABC - English Maffin
08-16-2009, 04:27 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Luc Ferrari: Preque rien le lever du jour au bord de la mer
Junior 85: I Am Leaving Home
The Psychedelic Furs: Forever Now
Lambchop: Nixon
X-mal Deutschland: Tocsin
Cane 141: Garden Tiger Moth
Meat Beat Manifesto: Storm The Studio
Scott Smallwood: Desert Winds
Bernard Parmegiani: de natura sonorum

...stuff like that.
08-16-2009, 06:13 PM   #29
Inactive Account

Im in an alternative metal, punk, rock mood.
Tool, A Perfect Circle, Seether, Apocalyptica, The Offspring, Weezer and some Flogging Molly when my Irish blood gets going.
08-17-2009, 03:13 AM   #30
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
There hasn't been real rock n roll since the mid 80's

that's the biggest crock. the 90's was the revival of real rock. the 80s nearly killed it with its ridiculous glam image and heavy pop overtones disguised as "metal". the 90's was the closest thing we have come to the pureness of late 60's early 70's.