Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5831 Likes Search this Thread
09-28-2019, 07:55 PM - 1 Like   #4726
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So the USA has something like triple the population of Japan, but the Japanese women alone have triple the quality metal bands of the USA

Last edited by luftfluss; 09-28-2019 at 08:08 PM.
09-30-2019, 05:51 PM   #4727
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
We are all animals.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 09-30-2019 at 06:02 PM.
09-30-2019, 07:06 PM   #4728
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The Masters Apprentices
09-30-2019, 09:35 PM   #4729
Pentaxian

A local band in my area called Courtesy Call

09-30-2019, 09:40 PM - 1 Like   #4730
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
We are all animals.

Nickelback-Animals - YouTube

Remember this?

QuoteQuote:
Police in Kensington, Prince Edward Island, Canada have come up with a new way to deter people from driving drunk this holiday season: by threatening to make them listen to Nickelback.
In a November 26 post to its Facebook page, the Kensington Police Service warned revelers that anyone caught driving drunk will be fined, have their license suspended, and—worst of all—be forced to listen to the department’s copy of the Canadian rock group’s 2001 album, Silver Side Up.

09-30-2019, 09:45 PM   #4731
Pentaxian

10-01-2019, 02:20 AM   #4732
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Remember this?

Um, no, I missed that. Nickelback seems to be the band many love to hate. Not sure why, their music grabs my ear.

But I don’t listen to music because it is what everyone else likes, eh?

10-01-2019, 02:46 AM   #4733
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just came across a synthwave (yay!) remix of one of Ghost's newer songs (also yay!). This is a banger.
10-01-2019, 03:25 AM   #4734
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Um, no, I missed that. Nickelback seems to be the band many love to hate. Not sure why, their music grabs my ear.

I should add that I had not heard of Nickelback until a few years ago. On my way home from work one day I saw a ski boat that had been stolen, stripped and dumped along a side road in the sticks. I stopped to check it out, and found several CD’s lying in it. Other than being dirty they looked OK, so I snatched them up. The Silver Side Up disc was one of them. It played well enough that I ripped it to my iPod.

Now it is in regular rotation while I’m drilling and filling at The Big Shed.
10-01-2019, 08:39 AM   #4735
dbs
Pentaxian

Arthurs Blue Suit
10-01-2019, 08:48 AM - 1 Like   #4736
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, we shoot Pentax, so clearly we are not concerned with what everyone else likes...
10-01-2019, 11:26 AM - 1 Like   #4737
Veteran Member

I really need some new music. everytime i hit play, whatever music that is playing always seems to irritate me, and i eventually come back to metal.
if there is no progression through the song through highs and lows, it will bore me really fast, and i need my mind to be engaged at all times.
i cant comprehend when people say they want to listen to something where they can turn off their mind and just 'chill'. i understand the sentiment, but i love my mind too much to just let go of a moment where i'm not connected to it, or using it in anyway. Thus, if its not challenging my understanding, and keeping me on my tows, i will eventually get bored of it.

my GO-TO as of late have been (in no order)
Gojira
Devin Townsend (anything related to the man)
Pantera
OLD Black Label Society
Tool
Karnivool
Leprous

As of late, i'm also experimenting with experimental music. not sure what the actual term is for the music, but stuff like 'post-rock' or 'ambient music' or 'glitch music'. though not as heavy as metal, it still keeps my mind engaged and keeps me guessing as to what will happen next

10-01-2019, 12:13 PM   #4738
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hadi Quote
I really need some new music. everytime i hit play, whatever music that is playing always seems to irritate me, and i eventually come back to metal.

if there is no progression through the song through highs and lows, it will bore me really fast, and i need my mind to be engaged at all times.

i cant comprehend when people say they want to listen to something where they can turn off their mind and just 'chill'. i understand the sentiment, but i love my mind too much to just let go of a moment where i'm not connected to it, or using it in anyway. Thus, if its not challenging my understanding, and keeping me on my tows, i will eventually get bored of it.

Gojira

Pantera

OLD Black Label Society

Tool

Karnivool

Leprous

As of late, i'm also experimenting with experimental music. not sure what the actual term is for the music, but stuff like 'post-rock' or 'ambient music' or 'glitch music'. though not as heavy as metal, it still keeps my mind engaged and keeps me guessing as to what will happen next

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYBulfbBstc
Have you tried Riverside?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riverside_(band))
10-01-2019, 12:28 PM   #4739
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hadi Quote

Gojira
Pantera
OLD Black Label Society
Tool
Karnivool
Leprous

World's End Girlfriend - 100 Years of Choke [HQ] - YouTube
You might be into Toundra:
Or perhaps God is an Astronaut:

Maybe some Scale the Summit? (avoid the last couple albums, though):
10-01-2019, 03:40 PM   #4740
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dvorak Cello Concerto with Jacqueline du Pre.

Am I the only one here who listens to ‘classical’ music? 😜🤣
« The Joke Thread | - »