Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2014, 10:32 AM   #2476
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
What music are you currently listening to?
As you ask... I'm just Rockin' along with the new AC/DC album, Rock or Bust released today.

12-02-2014, 05:28 PM   #2477
Veteran Member

I've always rather liked David Arkenstone. As New Age musicians go he's pretty darned good, I think. I particularly like the Earth Trybe and An Nee Mah stuff he did with his ex. I admittedly buy almost every CD they do, both of them. This one I just got and it's really something else. Now, I normally enjoy his music and will groove to it. It relaxes me, but there's really something different going on with this one.

At the risk of sounding like a total space cadet, listening to this CD it's been bit like having someone reach right in and massage my heart and throat chakra. I don't know. It could be all the didgeridoo and the tribal beats, there's quite a bit of that going on, but I have had the oddest reaction to this CD just listening to it. My solar plexus right up to my throat it's just warm and buzzing and no, I don't have heartburn. :P

This happens every time I listen to this CD. It's really, really, odd. It's like there is something going on under the music or in it, whatever it is, listening to this CD physically warms my chest up internally. It makes me feel really, really good while I am listening to it. For the record I have dozens of new age CDs, including most of his, and some that are Native American. None of them do this.

I've previously experienced something like this now and again listening to certain techno oriented didgeridoo music or to brainwave CD's, but this is really, really strong and it happens every darned time. It's also reducing my pain level a bit I think. I don't see anything listed other than native flute, some percussion instruments and some chant. No binaural beats. There's a bit of an Enigma vibe on one track but other than that I really can't hear anything that special going on that would account for this, and yet, I cannot deny that listening to this CD it's almost like doing a very strong binaural meditation CD.

12-04-2014, 03:05 AM   #2478
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Tonight, it's Leon Redbone. Love his style. So light and easy listening toe-tappin' music!

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA
12-04-2014, 06:38 AM   #2479
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
I've been on a R&B kick lately. Jamming with Stevie Wonder, Kool & the Gang, Earth Wind & Fire, Marvin Gaye, Al Green, Midnight Star, etc. Of these artists, I particularly like to crank the volume (and keep hitting replay) for Stevie Wonder's Boogie On Reggae Woman and Midnight Star's No Parking On the Dance Floor.

Yeah, I know, I'm old. IMO in the case of music, that's not a bad thing.

12-04-2014, 09:40 AM   #2480
Veteran Member

Been into a lot of Norwegian bands this year, Kaisers Orchestra, Hjerterå, Highasakite, Team Me and Katzenjammer
12-04-2014, 09:42 AM   #2481
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
since Mac passed away yesterday i've been listening to some small faces . love this album and it features a lot of Mac. Wish I had managed to get down to his bar in Austin, I hear from friends he was a great guy

12-04-2014, 12:06 PM   #2482
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
since Mac passed away yesterday i've been listening to some small faces . love this album and it features a lot of Mac. Wish I had managed to get down to his bar in Austin, I hear from friends he was a great guy

http://youtu.be/qBOFm96rTsg

R.I.P. Mac!

Dewman
SW Idaho, USA

12-10-2014, 06:56 AM   #2483

Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2
12-10-2014, 07:06 AM   #2484
Veteran Member

Airmail Special - Lionel Hampton - actually listening to the whole Verve Jazz Box (that covers the whole day I think)
12-10-2014, 08:00 AM   #2485
Pentaxian

Well for today it's Bucket Head, Electric sea, especially #5.
12-10-2014, 09:29 AM   #2486
Veteran Member

Currently listening to a 1960 Stanley Cup game between the Canadiens and the Maple Leafs but I recently got into a discussion about DC vs Marvel characters movies which brought me to listen to this:

I have always loved this soundtrack. When the movie and soundtrack were released, I bought a copy on vinyl; I still have that copy but I replaced it's rotation a few years ago with the digital version. Several months ago, I started my introduction to the music streaming service, rdio and was pleasantly shocked to find the original Basil Poledouris version in their library.
12-10-2014, 11:51 AM   #2487
Veteran Member

I just saw a promo for a Barbara Walters special. We need another Barbara Walters Top People show like we need another Kiss compilation.
12-10-2014, 12:42 PM   #2488
Veteran Member

12-10-2014, 01:02 PM   #2489
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
They vaguely remind me of early Tangerine Dream stuff.
12-10-2014, 02:22 PM   #2490

JOHN HIAT crossing muddy waters , SUBDUDES MIRACLE MULE, and LUCKY by THE SUBDUES