Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5831 Likes Search this Thread
06-22-2018, 07:40 AM - 1 Like   #3616
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
A very talented singer, who died too young.

06-22-2018, 07:49 AM   #3617
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Yes, his picture of you from the time shows every reason to be concerned, Matt!
Totally me! If only I could have gotten into the clubs at 8 years old!
06-22-2018, 09:56 AM - 2 Likes   #3618
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
A very talented singer, who died too young.
In tragic circumstances for which justice was not properly done.
06-22-2018, 10:01 AM - 1 Like   #3619
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
In tragic circumstances for which justice was not properly done.
True. and to save her children on top of that

06-22-2018, 10:31 AM - 1 Like   #3620
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm excited to be able to catch my favorite 80's band, The The when I'll be in Los Angeles after a work trip this coming fall. Even more exciting is I was able to get my son a ticket to join me for the weekend in LA and come to the show. He really likes this band too so it will be a fun dad and son weekend for us.
Here's one of their first shows in 16 years. Not the greatest quality but a decent preview.
06-22-2018, 11:23 AM   #3621
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
I'm excited to be able to catch my favorite 80's band, The The when I'll be in Los Angeles after a work trip this coming fall. Even more exciting is I was able to get my son a ticket to join me for the weekend in LA and come to the show. He really likes this band too so it will be a fun dad and son weekend for us.
Here's one of their first shows in 16 years. Not the greatest quality but a decent preview.
THE THE - Armageddon Days (Are Here Again) (Live in London 2018) HD - YouTube
Infected is one of my favourite albums from the 80s,great set of videos accompanying it too,have a fantastic weekend with your lad,Matt
06-22-2018, 01:02 PM   #3622
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Infected is one of my favourite albums from the 80s,great set of videos accompanying it too,have a fantastic weekend with your lad,Matt
Mine too! Well, I love them all. Agreed about the videos. Crazy stuff, especially for its time.
Have you heard the new song, Can't stop what's coming? Matt wrote it for his brother who recently died. His brother was the artist for all the classic album covers.
It's a beautiful song, check out the YouTube video if you haven't yet.

06-23-2018, 12:23 AM - 1 Like   #3623
Veteran Member

A classic
06-23-2018, 07:13 PM   #3624
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wayfaring Stranger - Trace Adkins

Loaded the CD Changer with Bluegrass and Gospel tonight. I haven’t been this mellow in a long time.
06-26-2018, 02:18 AM   #3625
Veteran Member

Posting some shots of B.A. made me remember this:
Gallery is here.
06-26-2018, 07:22 AM   #3626
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Probably...but I was one of those "disco sucks" guys back in the 70s.
I hear that. Friend of mine had a t-shirt that said "I'd rather eat glass than listen to disco." Got me to thinking about what kind of music we were listening to back in the 70's. Well, here's a sample.

06-26-2018, 08:08 AM - 1 Like   #3627
Pentaxian

I did hate, and do hate disco. Yet despite myself some of it is fun to listen to. My friends and i made cds called songs you love to hate when cd burners first came out. We ended up with 5 volumes. Thats about 70 disco songs that are good. Who can't smile when Dancing Queen or Funkytown is playing? Anyone, anyone, Bueller?, Bueller? Rubberband man?
06-26-2018, 08:34 AM   #3628
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
I did hate, and do hate disco. Yet despite myself some of it is fun to listen to. My friends and i made cds called songs you love to hate when cd burners first came out. We ended up with 5 volumes. Thats about 70 disco songs that are good. Who can't smile when Dancing Queen or Funkytown is playing? Anyone, anyone, Bueller?, Bueller? Rubberband man?
My tastes of music have become much more eclectic over the years. I could probably stomach some disco music today. But I doubt I will go out of my way looking for it though.
06-26-2018, 08:49 AM - 1 Like   #3629
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DW58 Quote
My tastes of music have become much more eclectic over the years. I could probably stomach some disco music today. But I doubt I will go out of my way looking for it though.
I always felt the same about country music but as I get older my tastes have widened,especially like these,there’s something about the blood harmony of sisters singing togetherThe fact that they’re Swedish sisters who can play,sing ,write they’re own stuff and are easy on the eye helps!

06-26-2018, 09:45 AM   #3630
Pentaxian

I always felt the same about country music but as I get older my tastes have widened,especially like these,there’s something about the blood harmony of sisters singing togetherThe fact that they’re Swedish sisters who can play,sing ,write they’re own stuff and are easy on the eye helps!
Started not liking it but got into by the end.

I never liked country growing up but only because I didn't hear the right country. I like the folk/ballads of traditional country.

Heres a band I love. I first saw them in a very small venue. The next year a bigger venue, The next year they sold out a bigger venue and now they play the House of Blues for way to much money.
I love the harmony the base player adds. The energy is there, the story telling is there. Heres a live version.