Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5831 Likes Search this Thread
11-03-2019, 08:30 PM   #5071
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
This guy is a cousin of a guy that is a CNC machine operator in the shop I work in at The Big Shed.

11-03-2019, 08:42 PM - 1 Like   #5072
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Elton John
11-03-2019, 10:42 PM - 3 Likes   #5073
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Green Onions by Booker T and the M.G."s

11-03-2019, 11:38 PM - 1 Like   #5074
dbs
Pentaxian

The Small Faces

11-04-2019, 02:06 PM   #5075
Veteran Member

Cigarettes after Sex.
New discovery for me, and I'm loving it.
11-04-2019, 02:17 PM - 1 Like   #5076
dbs
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
Cigarettes after Sex. Cigarettes After Sex - Full Performance (Live on KEXP) - YouTube New discovery for me, and I'm loving it.
Psst its been happening for years..
11-04-2019, 02:18 PM - 1 Like   #5077
dbs
Pentaxian

Cream

11-04-2019, 02:45 PM - 1 Like   #5078
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Psst its been happening for years..
Except for those of us who don’t smoke.

Then we cuddle and enjoy the post coital bliss.
11-04-2019, 04:03 PM   #5079
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Charly Bliss, Supermoon EP.
11-04-2019, 05:01 PM - 1 Like   #5080
Pentaxian

The Sounds of Silence --- Disturbed
11-04-2019, 06:28 PM - 1 Like   #5081
Pentaxian

Mike Curb Congregation

11-04-2019, 07:04 PM - 1 Like   #5082
dbs
Pentaxian

Devo...
11-04-2019, 08:40 PM - 1 Like   #5083
Pentaxian

ides of march/wrathchild……..early iron maiden
11-05-2019, 01:36 AM - 1 Like   #5084

Chester-le-street is a hive of activity......... compared to Croxdale.

PB

Currently listening to "Credo" by Fish

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
A little story...

My Mum enters all sorts of competitions - mostly in puzzle magazines and on TV - and never wins anything. She would tell you that it doesn't bother her, that she enjoys doing the puzzles and entering... but I feel sorry for her and I've often wished she could win just the odd small prize here and there.

Well, a few weeks ago she entered a competition in our local "What's On"-style publication - a monthly magazine that's mostly advertising from local companies, but with editorial coverage and promotion of local events. She forgot all about entering it until - a couple of days ago - an envelope arrived in the mail for her, with a pair of tickets for our town's annual fireworks display. A pretty meagre prize, but - bless her - she was delighted

I had hoped my Dad would go with her to the event, but he's not a fan of nights out - and certainly not where crowds are concerned. So I suggested my Mum and I go together, largely because I wanted her to enjoy her little prize, and I knew she wouldn't go otherwise. Frankly, though, my expectations of the display weren't high. I should explain...

The district in which I live - Chester-le-Street, in the north east county of Durham - isn't a hot-bed of activity. It's quite a decent size these days (much bigger than I remember as a child), with the entire district - which is made up of the town itself and numerous smaller surrounding villages and areas including my own - having a population of around 55,000. Even so, aside from hosting (in recent years) major national and some international cricket, it's not really a centre for anything. It's a reasonably quiet regional commuter town, with good access by road and rail to several cities, as well as excellent access to many beautiful rural and coastal areas, some of which are very close by. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's a good place in which to live (well, I think so), but not a great deal of significance happens here, and most local events are rather modest in nature... One generally needs to travel to nearby cities for more impressive entertainment.

So... back to the event... I wasn't expecting too much...

... but how wrong I was! A large section of our pretty "Riverside Park" was fenced and gated off, and inside the enclosure was a good funfair, lots of food and drink stalls, and a live music stage. I can only guess how many visitors turned up, but I'd say it was a couple of thousand. We arrived just as twilight was fading, wandered around the funfair, got some tasty "finger food" then made our way over to the live music stage just as a child-oriented act - singing Disney film songs - was finishing up. Then, the MC - from a local radio station broadcasting live from the site - announced the "Geoff Mull Band", who I'd never heard of. It turns out that Geoff Mull is a local musician who had 15 minutes of fame as an ultimately-unsuccessful contestant on TV's "The X Factor" back in 2014. Since then, however, he's established a pretty good career for himself writing and releasing songs, and playing both public and private gigs consisting of original and cover material. Well, tonight he played around eight numbers (I wasn't counting), about half of which were very well-executed crowd-pleasing covers, and half were his original songs... one of which is below (dreadful video, but I really like the retro dance / soul style and simplicity of the song). He has a great recording voice which sounds even better live, good stage presence, his band is tight (and they were properly live on stage - no backing tracks!), and I really enjoyed the performance. My Mum clearly did too, as she was actually dancing (or something akin to that ).

Oh, and the fireworks... they were spectacular. Better than anything I've seen previously, except - perhaps - for the biggest city displays. Great show, great atmosphere and a great night out

Geoff Mull - Just Remember (OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO SEPTEMBER 2019) - YouTube
11-05-2019, 02:04 AM - 1 Like   #5085
Pentaxian

Early REM

(Warning:May contain politics!)