Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2009, 04:37 PM   #1
Forum Member

Location: The 808 State: Hawaii. From Nikon to PENTAX to Canon to Pentax
Photos: Gallery
Anyone here that use to work for Ritz Camera got some Claims Forms from them??

Hey there Guys & gals,

I was just wondering if anyone on here that use to work for Ritz Camera. I used to work for Ritz Camer here on Oahu for a short while and then quit. So now I received 5 pages of papers stating about Ritz Camera filing for Bankruptcy. The papers states the "Debtor", Ritz Camera and the "Creditor" which states my name requesting the amount of money Ritz Camera owe's to the Creditor. I guess this documents are Claims Forms but I have never filled out these type of papers before and was wondering if any can provide any help. I was just going to put $0.00 for the amount owed since they owe me nothing. Please, PM me or post for those with experience going through these motion.

Thank you!

Walt

08-17-2009, 04:40 PM   #2
Damn Brit

If they don't owe you anything I think there'll be a section that tells you if you do nothing, you'll be left out of any action taken and won't receive anymore mail.
08-17-2009, 04:58 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by iNVision ART Quote
Hey there Guys & gals,

I was just wondering if anyone on here that use to work for Ritz Camera. I used to work for Ritz Camer here on Oahu for a short while and then quit. So now I received 5 pages of papers stating about Ritz Camera filing for Bankruptcy. The papers states the "Debtor", Ritz Camera and the "Creditor" which states my name requesting the amount of money Ritz Camera owe's to the Creditor. I guess this documents are Claims Forms but I have never filled out these type of papers before and was wondering if any can provide any help. I was just going to put $0.00 for the amount owed since they owe me nothing. Please, PM me or post for those with experience going through these motion.

Thank you!

Walt
Now don't take this as gospel and don't rely on it for your decision and I'm not a lawyer - and every other thing that says I am just speculating here, BUT

That sounds like a Proof of Claim Form. Those are routinely mailed to every person and business a bankrupt entity has employed or done business with at any time over a specified number of years.

If Ritz owes you any money, you have to Prove your Claim to the Bankruptcy Trustee to get your share of the liquidation value. You prove your claim by filling out the form and enclosing any supporting documents.

If you don't have a Claim (they don't owe you money) . . . well, you do what DB said.
08-17-2009, 05:21 PM   #4
Forum Member

Location: The 808 State: Hawaii. From Nikon to PENTAX to Canon to Pentax
Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
If they don't owe you anything I think there'll be a section that tells you if you do nothing, you'll be left out of any action taken and won't receive anymore mail.

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome:
Now don't take this as gospel and don't rely on it for your decision and I'm not a lawyer - and every other thing that says I am just speculating here, BUT

That sounds like a Proof of Claim Form. Those are routinely mailed to every person and business a bankrupt entity has employed or done business with at any time over a specified number of years.

If Ritz owes you any money, you have to Prove your Claim to the Bankruptcy Trustee to get your share of the liquidation value. You prove your claim by filling out the form and enclosing any supporting documents.

If you don't have a Claim (they don't owe you money) . . . well, you do what DB said.

Thanks for the tips fellow pentaxians!! Thanks Damn Brit!! Much appreciations!
Monochrome, yes your correct. It is a Proff of Claim Form, and yeah there is a section about what Damn Brit stated and its printed in Bold letters. But I just went and filled it in on both the Administrative Expense Claim request form and proof of claim form. I just put $0.00 for the "amount of Claim" on the proof of claim form and " No claims are made. Zero Claims." on the Administrative Expense Claim request form. I even called up the number stated on the back of one of the papers if I had any questions concerning the contents that were sent to me but they didn't call me back.

08-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #5
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You mean you're not going to claim that time the irate customer threw the K10d and hit you in the head when you tried to tell him to buy Pentax over Canon?