Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2009, 10:19 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Soooooo, what's in your "reading room"?

Me, much to the frustration of buds who would come over for a well deserved mid-week night of drinking until our eyes bled, I used to keep copies of Byte Magazine. Now I find there are a couple photo mags but my fav is better than the old Sears Christmas catalogue...the B&H Photo Catalog...

sigh...I guess I really am getting old...hehehe...

OK, fess up...what's in your "reading room"?

08-18-2009, 09:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I have shutterbug (although I already stopped subscription due to many Canon and Nikon than Pentax articles), Photo Techniques and your occasional Gun Digest magazine.
For me..its all about shooting whether camera or gun..lol
08-18-2009, 09:17 AM   #3
Banned

'VietNam' Magazine, National Geographic and all sorts of assorted classic books I rarely get around to reading.
08-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
'VietNam' Magazine, National Geographic and all sorts of assorted classic books I rarely get around to reading.
Oh..did anybody say anything about reading??
I just look at the purrdy pictures..

08-18-2009, 05:22 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm collecting The Complete Peanuts books! They come out with the 2 book box once a year and I get that sent here from Amazon US.
08-20-2009, 07:25 AM   #6
Veteran Member

*looking around this place.* Where to start... Come to think of it, which *room.*

Lots of poetry and mythology, classics, history, some sci-fi, ...no books actually of or about photography, come to think of it. (I always used to find copies of a book I'd end up giving away to students, seems I'm fresh out. What I need is some better reading light.
08-20-2009, 07:33 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
*looking around this place.* Where to start... Come to think of it, which *room.*

Lots of poetry and mythology, classics, history, some sci-fi, ...no books actually of or about photography, come to think of it. (I always used to find copies of a book I'd end up giving away to students, seems I'm fresh out. What I need is some better reading light.
hehehehe....exactly...we all know the offical "reading room" in the house and it's not the den or library. winkwink...

I find I drag my laptop in with me way too often...hehehehe...

08-20-2009, 07:47 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
hehehehe....exactly...we all know the offical "reading room" in the house and it's not the den or library. winkwink...

I find I drag my laptop in with me way too often...hehehehe...
OMG, your laptop's been flagged........

I usually have a variety of periodicals. Depending on the nature of the visit to the reading room I'll either get through a short article, or the entire magazine. lol
08-20-2009, 09:53 AM   #9
Not Registered

I have "the cow who moooooed the world"
08-20-2009, 10:23 AM   #10
Veteran Member

i just have some antique books and the latest PDN usually. Occasionally I'm reading a paperback but it has been a while.
08-20-2009, 10:44 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gruoso Quote
I have "the cow who moooooed the world"
Why does that one scare me?
08-20-2009, 01:10 PM   #12
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
Why does that one scare me?
I think that it scares you because is the book that Chenney gave as a present to George W Bush when they get elected. It is the book that if you read it upside down you end up invading Afghanistan and Iraq
08-20-2009, 01:38 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Cabelas catalogues (they send me like 50 billion catalogues every year!)

Close second is the Lee Valley catalogues (I signed up for those, god I love their tools!)

Pat
08-20-2009, 05:21 PM   #14
graphicgr8s

Popular woodworking, wood, american woodworker, model railroader, shop notes, woodsmith. Atlas Shrugged, CS3 for digital photographers.
08-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My wife, all four siblings-in-law and all four of our parents are tenured college professors. We don't really do magazines, we do books. By actual count on a rainy Saturday 3 years ago there were 3734 hardback books on our bookshelves - they're in every room in the house.

Next to my chair right now are
  • Tamron SP 70-210mm F/3.5 Model 19AH Instruction Manual
  • Niccolo Rising - Dorothy Dunnett
  • The 100 Greatest Combat Pistols - T. J. Mullin
  • The Power of Gold (The History of an Obsession) - Peter L. Bernstein
  • Trains
  • Forbes