Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
08-18-2009, 07:44 PM   #46

OK, here goes ...

Job: Microbiologist, with concentration in risk assessment following disasters. Something happens (hurricane, flood, stupid person) and I go in to assess damage and direct others to put things together pre-loss.

Food: Sushi, Thai, sometimes whatever is available at the time

Drink: Good beer (i.e, typically non-mass produced American beer). I am a beer snob, so that's that way I roll and right now, I dig wheat beers. As for alchohol-free beverages, I do lots of coffee (no Starbucks). I hate soda with a passion.

08-18-2009, 07:55 PM   #47
Veteran Member

I teach high school English and coach college baseball, and love every minute of it. Have had the pleasure of working with both Major League Baseball as an International Envoy Coach and USA Baseball in various coaching roles.

Favorite Food: An assortment of German Sausages, sauerkraut, red cabbage, and a good cheese fondue appetizer (if you've been to the Rheinlander or Gustav's in Portland, Oregon, you know what I mean...although it all tastes just fine in Bavaria too!)

Favorite Drink: Non-alcoholic is Diet Pepsi...I can't stop! Alcoholic is Boundary Bay Scotch Ale from Bellingham, Washington...Westvleteren 12 is a close second.

Todd
08-18-2009, 08:09 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I work for a video game development studio here in Raleigh, NC. In particular I am an engine programmer (mainly C++) that helps create the tools and core functionality that drive our company's (and our licensee's) games. More specifically I am the physics programmer for our company, and help a lot deciding how things should be set up to work correctly in the games. Unlike a lot of studios that use third party physics software, we roll our own, and I'm the guy responsible for making sure it works right and adding any new features we need, optimizing etc. For example, if you neutralize an enemy in a game and he turns into a "ragdoll" that falls in the environment realistically, you can thank people like me for making the game more immersive . It's a fun job and there's a lot of problem solving involved so it stays interesting.

Foodwise, I am a sucker for some freshly made guacamole with tortilla chips, and also I love well made sub sandwich (Jersey Mike's is one of my favorites).

Drinkwise, my favorite soda has to be Coca Cola (lately it's more Coke Zero though...too much sugar otherwise). I don't drink alcoholic drinks very often, but I enjoy crisp white wines and mixed drinks with gin or rum. I tend to stay away from just about any kind of beer, I can't see how people put those down like they do...ugh.
08-18-2009, 10:11 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
By day I'm an Internet Marketing Consultant. I help companies big and small design websites, web apps, iPhone apps, banner ads, paid search campaigns and email marketing campaigns, among other things.

By nights and weekends I'm a freelance motorcycle journalist. I ride others people's motorcycles to interesting places, take pictures, and then write a story. Doesn't pay the rent, thus the day job.

Favorite food? The Filipino food that my dad used to make. He had a stroke in 2002 and hasn't cooked since. I'd pay a million dollars to watch him cook again.

Favorite drink? A milkshake made with vanilla ice cream and 2 shots of espresso.

08-18-2009, 10:42 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
For a living? I work whatever hours work for a local contractor, I do senior photos, and that's it at the moment. That job is summer only, however, so I'm currently looking for something more steady. I'll happily wash dishes somewhere, though I won't pass up a better job. "A living" for me is pretty inexpensive, fortunately. Then again, I'm single, not going to college this year, and have no expensive vices.

Favorite food? Probably any really tender fish with blackened spices. Salmon, trout, mahi mahi, any of that... ironic that I hated fish as a child.

I'm another ginger ale lover, though my favorite thing to do is mix it with white grape juice or orange juice. Either mixture is delicious.

Every day at my job I get there, recieve instructions on what to do, go do it (usually painting something or filling holes with quickcrete or powerwashing or something), get more instructions, do them, repeat until the day's work is done. Then I walk away with cash in hand and feel good about the fact I don't have to pay taxes out of it. It's a nice job for the summer.
08-18-2009, 10:59 PM   #51

I'm the Police Chief in a small 7 man department. I've been a cop for 15 years. Before this I was a farm supply store manager for 10 years. My favorite food has always been anything Mexican. While I'm reading all the cop bashing in the general talk forum I like to drink buckets of Diet Pepsi. My wife is making me give it up because it supposedly causes brain problems. Now what was I talking about? Oh yeah, coffee and donuts!
08-18-2009, 11:26 PM   #52
Veteran Member

I'm a field service rep for an agricultural equipment company.

Food: Italian is a safe bet, but I'll try about anything.

Drink? Milk and beer, not at the same time of course. Soda/pop specific- Mountain Dew keeps me going through the day.

08-18-2009, 11:39 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Shop steward and safety representative on construction sites, currently waiting on the next job so a temporary bum for now.
Me likes good beers.
08-19-2009, 12:35 AM   #54
Damn Brit

Bum, PF moderator (or are they one and the same) and stay at home dad. Also soon to be student.

Favourite foods - Beans on toast, fish and chips, curry.

Soft drink - Water or Ginger Beer (specifically Bundaberg from Down Under).

Please Note - Any clever dick who is thinking about changing the bum to a**hole, only think about it. If you voice your thoughts you will get an infraction.
08-19-2009, 01:03 AM   #55
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
Please Note - Any clever dick who is thinking about changing the bum to a**hole, only think about it. If you voice your thoughts you will get an infraction.
Oh Gary, how could we ever think that?
08-19-2009, 01:18 AM   #56
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Oh Gary, how could we ever think that?
Can't be a moderator without putting a few peoples noses out of joint Ash.
08-19-2009, 01:22 AM   #57
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Can't be a moderator without putting a few peoples noses out of joint Ash.
And unashamedly so... my hat is off to you, my friend...
08-19-2009, 01:43 AM   #58
Veteran Member

Have a successful business in the field of ERP & Payroll solutions for small to enterprise corps.

Established in 1990 at the age of 30 and ran parallel with my assurance brokerage.

Best pastime over here is the "braai" (barbecue for you blokes) with a collection of ribs, chops, steak & boerewors. I also enjoy Sushi.

Favorite drink = protein shake;-)

But enjoy Jack Daniels, Mozambique Rum, a good Red Wine

Dyl
08-19-2009, 02:15 AM   #59
Veteran Member

Like my description reads, I am a professional tourist. What does that mean? I design package tours for several large companies in Europe, mostly student tours and retired age tours (usually 12-15 day tours). I travel all over the continent meeting with hotel owners, tour guides and agents, restaurants in various cities on the tourist trail, bus companies and general places of interest. Mostly my job consists of meeting, negotiating, designing routes and daily scenarios, inspection of facilities and budgeting. I also participate or act as a tour liaison with certain groups, by special request.

Fav food(s): Thai or Mexican (spicy is the thing)
Fav drink(s): water, beer, red wine, a decent whisky, and fresh juice.

Jason

This was my "office" for the past 10 days...

Last edited by Jasvox; 08-19-2009 at 02:25 AM.
08-19-2009, 02:45 AM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am...

Self employed in hospitality accommodation and tourism....I own the holiday letting rights to a high rise apartment building on the Gold Coast.

Which I am currently trying to sell.

Then I will either go back to farming or "retire" and pursue my photography.

Favourite Food: Italian, Chinese, Roasts, Steak, but the dish I WILL KILL for is King George Whiting.

Favourite Drink:
: stinking hot day.....water.
: Italian....a merlot
: Chinese...a half reasonable medium dry white
: Roasts & Steak....Shiraz or Cab Sauvignon
: King George....a damn good Reisling.
all preceded by an ale or two...Coopers Pale or Sparkling or a good 'ol Crownie (Crown Lager).