Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2009, 06:01 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What do you do for a living?

What does everybody here do for a living? and What is your favorite food? What is your favorite soda? And explain what you do everyday in your job.

Right now I'm a bum and college should be starting soon, I'm going to major in business marketing & management. My favorite food is dim sum, and my favorite soda is root beer. For what I'll be doing everyday in school, I'll probably be going to class and doing homework, studying for tests, etc.

08-18-2009, 06:09 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Currently in the Army as a Medic serving in Korea. I will be here untill January and hoping to get accepted to flight school to become a helicopter pilot.. Korea has been a great place. I work in a small clinic where we help soliders with everyday bumps, bruises, sicknesses and what not. My new favorite food is Galbi, which is a Korean dish which great with some Cass Beer (Korean).
08-18-2009, 06:39 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

I sling lumber at my local Home Depot.
My favourite food is whatever is in front of me right now (I'm pretty easy to please that way).
I like Orange Crush (it mixes surprisingly well with rum) and Ginger Ale (mixes well with rye whiskey and can tame a bad Scotch).
08-18-2009, 07:09 AM   #4
Inactive Account

I'm Overnight Receiving Coordinator for the shoe dept at Wally World. (Not the best choice of jobs in the world, but it's a paycheck with benefits). I work the 10pm - 6:30am shift. I process incoming freight (open the cases and put the shoes out on the floor), process weekly claims (shoes returned for unknown reasons), process recalls, set modulars (put up the new labels and new merchandise), create a pick list (create a list of missing items on the shelves to get out of the back), help other departments when I have time, etc.

Favorite food... hmmm.... I like everything! I guess I'll go with anything Italian. I rarely drink soda, mainly water, lemonade and an occasional Mt dew.

08-18-2009, 08:04 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am an air pollution meteorologist and work for an environmental consulting firm. I write environmental impact reports typically on industrial projects (power plants, transmission lines, refineries etc.).

I generally like everything except tapioca (fisheye puddin' as my grand mother used to call it - yuck!). However, my real favorite is southern Brazillian bar-b-que.

I was hooked on Diet Coke until I turned up diabetic (is there a connection?). Now it's sparkling water.
08-18-2009, 08:14 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I'm a writer and associate editor for a quarterly luxury real estate magazine. I write and edit the articles/ads that go into the magazine, as well as the web ads and brochures that our affiliates purchase. Basically it's an endless effort to find a million different ways to say "luxurious."

My favorite food is probably either pad thai or green chile chicken enchilada casserole, though a good frito pie is close. I like ginger beer quite a lot, but I'll settle for ginger ale when it's not available.
08-18-2009, 08:23 AM   #7
Banned

despite my profile giving a much more bitchin' job title, in reality I am a Grocery Manager. I work for Kroger. rather good pay, vacation and health insurance. its a pretty crappy, stressful job, but I have a hard working crew of guys that make it bearable.

I honestly dont think I have a 'favourite' food. I'll try just about anything. for drink.... it would be a toss up between cranberry juice and schweppes ginger ale.

08-18-2009, 08:39 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I’m a Project Manager for an IT consulting firm. Projects usually last for a year or two, and are typically in finance, justice but the current one uses geospatial for tourism.

I’ll eat almost anything but one favorite is Thai… and there are a few great restaurants here in Vic. I like spicy food…..Jamaican Jerk is always a hit….that or oysters….lol. Soda (or “pop” as Canadians call it) would either be tonic water or orange crush, but I rarely drink it. I drink way too much coffee…..
08-18-2009, 08:59 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I too was a manager of a grocery store - I worked there for 13 long years before packing it all up to be an unemployed photographer

My favorite food is bacon. When I lived in the States I made it every morning for breakfast. Unfortunately I haven't found any thick-sliced, applewood-smoked, maple bacon here in Germany (my body is probably thanking me for that).

I'm a coffeeholic, and while I hadn't had soda for years before I moved, I've grown quite fond of ginger ale.
08-18-2009, 09:09 AM   #10
Banned

seems a lot of us here drink ginger ale. I never would have guessed that.
08-18-2009, 09:44 AM   #11
mel
Veteran Member

I'm a librarian supplemented with photography and an occassional graphic design job. For the librarian thing I currently work part time in a public library at the reference/information desk helping people find stuff. The public library gig has only been the past couple years. In my previous library job I worked as a research librarian for a large trade association.

Food? Gosh. Fish and baked goods/starchy things would pretty much sum it up. And I'm a diet coke-aholic.
08-18-2009, 10:13 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Market Research for myself, sort of jack of all trades but B2B sales and particularly field management are core responsibilities. So next time you are asked to house a people meter ... i'm watchign you

Food .... schnitzel .... i love german food (though can pass on the dry bread).
08-18-2009, 10:17 AM   #13
Veteran Member

We have had a thread like this before - however with so many new members ....

I am an independent consultant in the IT world for the last 10 years or so, before that as employee in various roles in IT. My current gig is as an Oracle Database Administrator. I would tell you what I do all day , but then I would have to kill you

Favourite food is tough - BBQ Baby back Ribs or a really good BBQ Rib Eye Steak - close second is shell fish Atlantic Lobster, Alaska King Crab, Maritime Scallops, PEI Clams (just something about the north atlantic waters ) ...... Benihana Restaurants Seafood Combo is my all time favourite chain restaurant meal.

Not much of a pop drinker either - water , ice tea on occasion.
08-18-2009, 10:23 AM   #14
Pentaxian

I'm a videographer/editor for a local travel show. 3-4 days each week, I'm in the office editing. The other days, I'm out in the field on shoots. My favorite food would probably be pizza. My favorite soda would be root beer or Dr. Pepper.
08-18-2009, 10:38 AM   #15
Pentaxian

user name says it all....

Forensic Chemist / Toxicologist. 15 years now....specializing in alcohol and drug interactions with alcohol.

Needless to say, I've not seen any slow down due to these tougher economic times......