Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2009, 06:47 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Do you have an HTC Touch Diamond?

I want to install adobe flash player on it, and I dont know if I can. I want to install firefox on it (codename: Fennec), and dont know if I can.

I bought the phone so that by chance if I see a client while out and about, I will have a large screen to show a quick slideshow. If the conversation progresses, well then why not send them a package/pricelist for their wedding photography. It works great for that job, but now I'm starting to toy with the idea of getting some apps installed. I can 'balance my checkbook' with an app called 'money goes away'....i didn't install it when i found it and cant since...

Anyway, I started the thread in case there is a user or two on here who has the phone, and maybe we can trade knowledge.

Mitch

08-23-2009, 01:24 AM   #2

Strangely enough I'm using a Diamond2 to browse the forum and post this!

You are most likely better to seek most of your answers from searching xda-developers.com. It is a brilliant resource for HTC phones.

In general though to your questions -you are better I think to install and use Opera instead of firefox. It is a very good little browser for these devices.
08-23-2009, 07:10 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bigkuri Quote
Strangely enough I'm using a Diamond2 to browse the forum and post this!

You are most likely better to seek most of your answers from searching xda-developers.com. It is a brilliant resource for HTC phones.

In general though to your questions -you are better I think to install and use Opera instead of firefox. It is a very good little browser for these devices.
I'm getting tired of Opera so I used Internet Explore on the phone yesterday, and I liked it much better. I normally don't really like using IE so that's when I started looking for firefox for my phone and looking for other apps.
I decided that I should try and update my phone to the ROM2 version, and when I was looking for it, I noticed that sometimes stuff can be hard to find.

That's why I started this thread.

xda-developers.com ? 8) I'll check it out.

Thanks!
11-23-2009, 11:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
MY PHONE IS SO SUPERHACKED NOW BECAUSE OF XDA DEVELOPERS.

holy crap.

8)

thanks

11-24-2009, 12:23 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
XDA is awesome. I had a 700wx and because of them - I cloned the thing and cooked a custom Windows Mobile 6.1 in one of the many kitchens available there. You can avoid the modem charge some carriers want to charge on top of the standard smartphone charge by enabling internet sharing (through the kitchen of course). It saved me $50 a month. As far as your flash question - I don't know, but I'm sure they do.
11-24-2009, 02:55 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Das Boot Quote
XDA is awesome. I had a 700wx and because of them - I cloned the thing and cooked a custom Windows Mobile 6.1 in one of the many kitchens available there. You can avoid the modem charge some carriers want to charge on top of the standard smartphone charge by enabling internet sharing (through the kitchen of course). It saved me $50 a month. As far as your flash question - I don't know, but I'm sure they do.
No shit eh?

I've got the Tom Codon wifi sharing program so that I can be a wifi hotspot, and I believe that can be used instead of the 'phone as a modem' plan (which is only 15 bucks for me), but I leave the modem plan on for times when I need my desktop pc to connect.

How hard is it to cook? I'm running Mighty ROM 4 and I don't have picture mail. I want to get that back in there and make some switches in what comes on the ROM.
11-24-2009, 03:12 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My biggest problem with cooking was that I could never cook my own ROM. I always had to cook up a generic version for my provider. I would lose those little splash screens and for some reason I started having problems with MMS/Picture messaging. I tried everyway I could think of, but could never get an accurate build with my original ROM - I would always get an error.