Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2009, 03:53 PM   #1
Forum Member

Need advice from Brits on honeymoon

I am planning to honeymoon in the Yorkshire area in late Oct-early Nov. I have never been to England before and was wondering if there are any "must shoot" places you would recommend. We are probably spending most of the time in and around York, with a day or two Trip to Edinburgh, and then the last few days in London. I already have a list of Castles, Abbeys, Churchs, etc to shoot. I am looking for good landscape locations. Thanks.

Oh---any travel tips, camera or non-camera related would be helpful.

This is our first time overseas.

Thanks.

08-25-2009, 04:34 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by T_MB Quote
I am planning to honeymoon in the Yorkshire area in late Oct-early Nov. I have never been to England before and was wondering if there are any "must shoot" places you would recommend. We are probably spending most of the time in and around York, with a day or two Trip to Edinburgh, and then the last few days in London. I already have a list of Castles, Abbeys, Churchs, etc to shoot. I am looking for good landscape locations. Thanks.

Oh---any travel tips, camera or non-camera related would be helpful.

This is our first time overseas.

Thanks.
Not a brit but I have travelled a lot in the midlands and northern england.

Starting just south of Birmingham, you can visit Stratford (the Bard's home) then there is Warrick castle, one of the best preserved castles in england.

Moving north, between Stafford and Manchester there is the center of pottery and fine china, with Coalsport and Wedgewood (at Stoke on trent) , There is also the town of Ironbridge, where there is one of the first Cast Iron Bridges, crossing the river Severn

In the north, York is excellent, and there is a very nice railway museum there, operated by British railway, in an old roundhouse, with engines including a replica of Stevenson's rocket, up throuth the steam and deisil era, and one lane or perhaps on the turn table itself a current working engine (which changes all the time) There is also a rail car collection on the grounds, which includes the old Royal Train.

It will be too cold to go out to the coast to the beach town of Blackpool but you still may find it interesting.

The midlands are interesting historically because they are the center of the industrial revolution
08-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #3
graphicgr8s

Why get married and spoil a good friendship?