Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2009, 05:09 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Adorama: shipping to the UK

I'm thinking of buying a fairly expensive item from Adorama (they stock what I'm after, and I can't find it in stock anywhere locally in the UK).

I know about the customs and tax implications of importing - but I'm interested in people's experiences, if any, buying from Adorama for shipping outside North America.

Obviously, buying from another country adds a whole layer of potential hassle but I'm a bit stuck for choice.

Would greatly appreciate any feedback - PM if appropriate.

Thanks in advance.

08-26-2009, 06:01 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I bought from B&H a while back. The only "hassle", like you say, is paying the taxes etc. when it comes into the country. But I was contacted by a customs agent, paid the tax, paid them a fee, and it was on it's way in a day.

The only other slight hassle was that they would only ship to my credit card address, which is home. But there's nobody there during the day usually, but luckily when I was contacted when it reached NZ I managed to change the delivery address so it came to my work.
08-27-2009, 12:14 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for this.

And what do people think of Adorama in terms of reliability, customer service etc?
08-27-2009, 12:24 AM   #4
Damn Brit

Both Adorama and B&H are well respected.
Of course there is the occasional problem but in the case of these two the problems are rare. They are also both represented on this forum and will help resolve problems when they see them reported here.

08-27-2009, 05:08 AM   #5
Adorama Camera Representative

Message from Helen, Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisA Quote
I'm thinking of buying a fairly expensive item from Adorama (they stock what I'm after, and I can't find it in stock anywhere locally in the UK).

I know about the customs and tax implications of importing - but I'm interested in people's experiences, if any, buying from Adorama for shipping outside North America.

Obviously, buying from another country adds a whole layer of potential hassle but I'm a bit stuck for choice.

Would greatly appreciate any feedback - PM if appropriate.

Thanks in advance.
As a British 'export' to the US, myself, if there is anything specific I can help you with, please don't hesitate to contact me directly and I will be delighted to do whatever I can to help.

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
www.adorama.com

Last edited by Helen Oster; 08-27-2009 at 05:09 AM. Reason: forgot to sign
08-27-2009, 06:07 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
As a British 'export' to the US, myself, if there is anything specific I can help you with, please don't hesitate to contact me directly and I will be delighted to do whatever I can to help.
Thank you for this reply - have emailed you direct, also cc'ed you as a PM here.