Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2009, 10:22 PM   #1
Veteran Member

I'm VERY Grumpy!

GRRR! lastnight whilst heading home I was coming down a road and turned right without realising how sharp the corner it, underestimating the wetness of the road and overestimating my AWD. Hit the damn curb with my front left wheel, now the wheel is messed up and the control arm is bent! Not looking forward to the repair bill, thankfully there was no body damage. But into Audi service tomorrow and I just had the bastard serviced last week.

I just felt like sharing that point, now I feel better.

08-29-2009, 11:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Driving too fast for conditions
Driving beyond the limits of your ability to judge (or not paying enough attention)

How about being glad you got off so lightly and resolving to be a better driver in the future?
08-29-2009, 11:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Driving beyond the limits of your ability to judge (or not paying enough attention)

How about being glad you got off so lightly and resolving to be a better driver in the future?
I learnt my lesson trust me.

It's going to sting my back pocket very hard.

I am very lucky.
08-30-2009, 12:40 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote

You must remember, Mike Cash, that nobody is as perfect as you are.

08-30-2009, 12:42 AM   #5
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
And not many are as wise as he when it comes to driving. You have to bear in mind that Mike drives for a living and is therefore totally qualified to make a statement like that.
08-30-2009, 01:09 AM   #6
Veteran Member

And from what part of my post did your faulty logic circuits lead you to the conclusion that my remarks had a thing in the world to do with being perfect?

Just to help you out, the first two bits were nothing but a bland assessment of contributing causes based on C.W.'s own account of the incident.

Since those were factors entirely within his ability to control, resolving to be a better driver will help to avoid repeat performances. And when one considers what the outcome of traffic accidents can be, he was indeed fortunate and it would be well to appreciate that.

C.W. gave no indication of finding fault with what I said. So what's your beef?

Last edited by Mike Cash; 08-30-2009 at 01:16 AM.
08-30-2009, 01:22 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just glad you are safe, the lesson learnt the hard way without injury to yourself & anyone else will hopefully last forever.

Just cause its an Audi & AWD doesn't mean you can drive quickly in the wet, still needs ability which most of us don't have.

08-30-2009, 01:31 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm not saying i'm without fault, in hindsight I was going about 5-10km too fast and didn't judge the corner as been so sharp.

Either way it's my fault I've learnt and expensive lesson.
08-30-2009, 01:35 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Mike Cash, you are my problem. You are so arrogant and you think that you can do and say anything on this forum without getting any kind of reprecussions, and when someone DOES disagree with me, oh god pandoras box open you just can't have that can you? Mister perfect always has to be right and can't offer any sympathy, yet has to scold the person when HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW if the person was doing anything wrong in the first place.

Please, get over yourself.
08-30-2009, 01:58 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Mister perfect always has to be right and can't offer any sympathy, yet has to scold the person when HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW if the person was doing anything wrong in the first place.
Where did I scold C.W.?

Of course I knew he had done something wrong; it was clear from the original post. And he confirmed it in a subsequent post, the one immediately above your magnificent display of knicker knotting.

QuoteQuote:
Please, get over yourself.
Coming from our resident navel-gazing self-confessed attention whore....that's rich.

Last edited by Mike Cash; 08-30-2009 at 02:01 AM. Reason: typo
08-30-2009, 03:22 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Thread has been hi-jacked - closed.
Closed Thread