Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #31
graphicgr8s

I don't know. I can prove Creation and God about as good as evolution. Actually better.

09-04-2009, 04:04 PM   #32
Damn Brit

If anybody yet had been able to prove the existence of god or creation, the argument would be over. Nobody has and neither can you. The theory of evolution is stronger than any theory that anyone could come up with about god or evolution.
If it wasn't for indoctrination, religion would barely exist these days.
09-04-2009, 04:12 PM   #33
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
If anybody yet had been able to prove the existence of god or creation, the argument would be over. Nobody has and neither can you. The theory of evolution is stronger than any theory that anyone could come up with about god or evolution.
If it wasn't for indoctrination, religion would barely exist these days.
I doubt that Gary. I chose to accept Christ. And I WAS an atheist.

Here's the thing. If I am wrong about God, and I am not, what have I lost? A little bit of money and time?

However if you are wrong you have lost everything. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll take my chances with God. The devil's already lost me so I am not worried.
09-04-2009, 04:26 PM   #34
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
I doubt that Gary. I chose to accept Christ. And I WAS an atheist.
I'm talking about children being raised without a choice about what they believe in. You had a choice and that's fine by me,you have every right to believe and I don't want to take that away from anyone.

Here's the thing. If I am wrong about God, and I am not, what have I lost? A little bit of money and time?

You haven't lost anything except any of your hard earned money that you have handed over to your church. On the other hand, if there is some kind of existence beyond death, you may have lost an awful lot. A similar argument could be said about Co2 but you continue to insist it isn't a problem. If the world reduced it's carbon emissions and sought different forms of energy and reduced it's reliance on agri chemicals and it turned out that we were wrong what has it lost? Nothing, the world would be a better place regardless.

However if you are wrong you have lost everything. Thanks, but no thanks. I'll take my chances with God. The devil's already lost me so I am not worried.
Ah well, I'm a party animal, if I was forced to believe in god, I'd have to believe in the devil and I'd have to come down on his side. My imaginary friend would be a lot more fun than your imaginary friend.

09-04-2009, 04:32 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm lolin' at the idea of graphics having the capacity to "prove" either of them.
09-04-2009, 04:35 PM   #36
graphicgr8s

As for the money, remember I gave/give it willingly. I am not forced to give. It was/is not being confiscated from me.

I fully believe there is existence after death. To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. Rather be there than the place were thirst is never quenched.

I don't think He is imaginary at all. He proves He exists every minute of every day.
There is however a reason they call it "faith" I put mine in a perfect God. You (editorial you here) put yours in mankind/science. Both of which will always fail you.
09-04-2009, 04:37 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I fully believe there is existence after death. To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. Rather be there than the place were thirst is never quenched.

I don't think He is imaginary at all. He proves He exists every minute of every day.
Ohhhhh yeah!!

09-04-2009, 04:41 PM   #38
Damn Brit

Put it this way, with what's been going on in the world since I've been an adult, I've had trouble keeping my faith in humanity. For the same reason, why should I believe in the existence of a being that has the power to stop it but hasn't?
There's also the question of the other gods worshipped around the world, do you believe in them as well? Because the belief in those gods is just as strong as your belief.
09-04-2009, 04:42 PM   #39
graphicgr8s

The Koolaide doesn't fit.Research the meaning of the saying and you might understand why it doesn't.
09-04-2009, 04:45 PM   #40
graphicgr8s

Put it this way, with what's been going on in the world since I've been an adult, I've had trouble keeping my faith in humanity. For the same reason, why should I believe in the existence of a being that has the power to stop it but hasn't.
There's also the question of the other gods worshipped around the world, do you believe in them as well? Because the belief in those gods is just as strong as your belief.
It's called Free Will.

The difference is Jesus defeated death. He was resurrected. There was no body in the sepulcher.
09-04-2009, 04:49 PM   #41
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
According to the NewsWeek editor Evan Thomas, there is a God.

RealClearPolitics - Video - Newsweek Editor Evan Thomas: Obama Is "Sort Of God"

It would also appear that the POTUS has officially recognized the existence of Allah.

Obama's Ramadan Speech Targets Muslim... - U.S. News & World Report
09-04-2009, 04:49 PM   #42
Damn Brit

It's called Free Will.

The difference is Jesus defeated death. He was resurrected. There was no body in the sepulcher.
There were a lot of graverobbers in those days. Anyway, there is no proof of that.
09-04-2009, 04:53 PM   #43
graphicgr8s

There were a lot of graverobbers in those days. Anyway, there is no proof of that.
Well there was a large stone in front of it and a centurion was posted. Highly unlikely the body was stolen.

That plus the fact hundreds saw him walking after he was "dead"
And Thomas put his finger into the hole where he was stabbed.
09-04-2009, 05:02 PM   #44

Awesome Thread

What an awesome thread to read...politics and religion.

My 2 cents.....

Science is based on experiments, repeatable observations, etc...., it is a process to better understand the "why" and "how" of things that happen and to make predictions that are testable at some point in the future, as new discoveries, observations, and experiments occur.

Evolution writ large has been modified by new discoveries but still remains the best explanation for the data collected over two centuries. It is amazing to me that the discovery of DNA, and all the work that is still ongoing with DNA and genetics supports the idea of evolution and common ancestry. This is the power of a scientific theory...it is testable.

Saying that God did it or that one believes God (or equivalent) is an expression of faith...
09-04-2009, 05:09 PM   #45
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by topher Quote
What an awesome thread to read...politics and religion.

My 2 cents.....

Science is based on experiments, repeatable observations, etc...., it is a process to better understand the "why" and "how" of things that happen and to make predictions that are testable at some point in the future, as new discoveries, observations, and experiments occur.

Evolution writ large has been modified by new discoveries but still remains the best explanation for the data collected over two centuries. It is amazing to me that the discovery of DNA, and all the work that is still ongoing with DNA and genetics supports the idea of evolution and common ancestry. This is the power of a scientific theory...it is testable.

Saying that God did it or that one believes God (or equivalent) is an expression of faith...
You're going to feel really really bad at the Rapture. But then it will be too late.
Closed Thread