Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2009, 09:37 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Considering all the interest this thread has attracted, I think the administrators should seriously consider replacing the SLR lens forum with a forum on cheeses..... might be a successful method of attracting some new forum supporting members in these trying financial times.... we could advertise on the food network. With all the photographic expertise & artistry present here among members, I'm sure we could come up with some very enticing layouts (a 50mm f:1.2 Takumar with Super-Multi-Coated cheese?).

09-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #77
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
That's just plain nasty!!!
09-09-2009, 10:01 AM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Now there's irony for you.
09-09-2009, 01:01 PM - 1 Like   #79
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
This being posted on the most pointless thread I've ever seen on the forum.
Well, tied at least. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-talk/72717-i-can-hear-crickets-outside.html

09-09-2009, 01:07 PM   #80
Veteran Member

actually this is much more entertaining than the crickets thread. Had a Ham and Provelone cheese sandwich toasted for lunch this afternoon. Just to get us back on the cheese thread.
09-09-2009, 01:14 PM   #81
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
actually this is much more entertaining than the crickets thread. Had a Ham and Provelone cheese sandwich toasted for lunch this afternoon. Just to get us back on the cheese thread.
Could always have a cheese and cricket sandwich. Didn't Buddy Holly have crickets?
09-09-2009, 03:36 PM - 1 Like   #82
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Could always have a cheese and cricket sandwich. Didn't Buddy Holly have crickets?
Well, I believe they're reasonably-edible, but if you have crickets and a cheese sandwich, (and no compunctions about eating crickets for whatever reason,) I'd probably save the cheese sandwich for after you ate the crickets.

Conventional wisdom would be, by the way, that unless you're guest-starring on Survivorman, it's usually better fortune to be nice to the cricket and get by on the cheese sandwich.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 09-09-2009 at 03:41 PM.
09-09-2009, 03:50 PM - 1 Like   #83
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm not sure I could eat a cricket. I am a fan of "Bizzare Foods" and every time I see him eat bugs I cringe. Seafood is another story, though. I have yet to see him eat anything that came out of the ocean that I wouldn't try.
09-09-2009, 04:10 PM - 1 Like   #84
Veteran Member

Cheez I wish you folks would stick to photography.

Rosenborg is the best blue
but I Leica Balderson's 6 year old cheddar. A Prime cheese.

A Hungarian Emmenthal is nice. It has plenty of Apertures.

English Cheshire makes me Smile like a cat.

Frankly, I don't give Edam about Kraft singles - to Plasticy.

Mickey (mouse?)
09-09-2009, 04:29 PM   #85
Damn Brit

Make your cheese healthier by having peas with it -
[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT5kI3zJFmA[/yt]
09-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #86
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Well, I believe they're reasonably-edible, but if you have crickets and a cheese sandwich, (and no compunctions about eating crickets for whatever reason,) I'd probably save the cheese sandwich for after you ate the crickets.

Conventional wisdom would be, by the way, that unless you're guest-starring on Survivorman, it's usually better fortune to be nice to the cricket and get by on the cheese sandwich.
Deep fried crickets are a pretty tasty snack especially when washed down with a cold beer. They're normally stuffed with peanuts but you could always add some cheese if your so inclinded. Certainly wouldn't be any worse than Spam (Cody style or tinned).
09-09-2009, 05:04 PM   #87
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mickeyobe Quote
Cheez I wish you folks would stick to photography.

Rosenborg is the best blue
but I Leica Balderson's 6 year old cheddar. A Prime cheese.

A Hungarian Emmenthal is nice. It has plenty of Apertures.

English Cheshire makes me Smile like a cat.

Frankly, I don't give Edam about Kraft singles - to Plasticy.

Mickey (mouse?)
I do love Rosenborg (the sharper variety) -- it's a fine cheese indeed. But I think that when it comes to blues, Maytag still has the edge. Luckily, I have both in the fridge!

Speaking of Edam, in Sweden we have something called "julost" (literally, christmas cheese) which is usually Edam. It can be eaten all year around, but traditionally you get a big one to last you over the holidays. Thus, I have very fond memories of it even though it's a little milder than what I usually enjoy.

Balderson cheddar, new one to me; had to look it up and may need to try some.
09-09-2009, 05:59 PM   #88
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Haha. I don't think there's any kind of cheese I don't care for, maybe some not worth the expense to me, but it's kind of like beer: I'll enjoy trying nearly anything once. I think I like smoked cheeses and blue cheeses the most.

Well, I like cheese.

Haven't had fancy crickets, that I recall. Grasshoppers (wild) and locusts (Can't remember the circumstance: that was part of *somebody's ethnic cuisine, but I'm blanking. ) Crickets, I'm mostly too fond of alive and singing, anyway. There's a lot here tonight, actually, for the outskirts of town: they've been hanging out under my carport all day today, landing on me and stuff. Kind of a lot of crickets for not-in-the-countryside, really.
09-09-2009, 06:40 PM - 1 Like   #89
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Haha. I don't think there's any kind of cheese I don't care for, maybe some not worth the expense to me, but it's kind of like beer: I'll enjoy trying nearly anything once. I think I like smoked cheeses and blue cheeses the most.

Well, I like cheese.

Haven't had fancy crickets, that I recall. Grasshoppers (wild) and locusts (Can't remember the circumstance: that was part of *somebody's ethnic cuisine, but I'm blanking. ) Crickets, I'm mostly too fond of alive and singing, anyway. There's a lot here tonight, actually, for the outskirts of town: they've been hanging out under my carport all day today, landing on me and stuff. Kind of a lot of crickets for not-in-the-countryside, really.
Maybe you should start a new thread and call it I hear crickets outside my carport
09-10-2009, 12:41 AM - 1 Like   #90
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Your "cheese" looks suspiciously like pate’ de fois gras made from the grossly enlarged livers of tortured French geese. N'est Pas?

Mickey