Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2009, 04:52 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Something I have always suspected...

Prague's Franz Kafka International Named World's Most Alienating Airport |

Jason

09-07-2009, 05:33 AM   #2
Banned

you do know the ONN is a spoof news site right? just asking.
09-07-2009, 06:14 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm amazed at how many people don't realize The Onion is satire.

On topic though: I think Hartsfield (Atlanta) is the most horrible airport I've been to. It's downright embarrassing when you come in on an international flight and realize that Hartsfield is often the first impression people get of the United States. Short, angry TSA "agents" (it's always the short ones who are full of rage for some reason) screaming at people to get over in this line, that line, stand behind this line, and the occasional "I hope y'all speak ENGLISH because I ain't repeatin' this".

In contrast, flying into Brussels airport you get greeted in like a half dozen languages and everyone's laid back and friendly.
09-07-2009, 06:19 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
you do know the ONN is a spoof news site right? just asking.

Of course!!

Just trying to pass along some funniness.

Jason

09-07-2009, 06:21 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
I'm amazed at how many people don't realize The Onion is satire.

On topic though: I think Hartsfield (Atlanta) is the most horrible airport I've been to. It's downright embarrassing when you come in on an international flight and realize that Hartsfield is often the first impression people get of the United States. Short, angry TSA "agents" (it's always the short ones who are full of rage for some reason) screaming at people to get over in this line, that line, stand behind this line, and the occasional "I hope y'all speak ENGLISH because I ain't repeatin' this".

In contrast, flying into Brussels airport you get greeted in like a half dozen languages and everyone's laid back and friendly.
I agree. Atlanta is my hometown and when I fly back into the states each year, I try to avoid making Atlanta my first stop back in the USA, if I can help it. Customs and passport control there is a complete joke. They are a model of an inefficient and broken down system, coupled with the stale air of apathy. The only way I will fly direct from overseas into Atlanta is if the flight is non-stop.

Jason
09-07-2009, 06:25 AM   #6
Banned

damn, and I thought DFW was bad. living in Savannah, I have been fortunate to not have to fly to atlanta, now I hope I don't ever have to.
09-07-2009, 06:25 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Properly follow proper protocol and there will be no problem.

(Just like a DSLR menu).

09-07-2009, 06:27 AM   #8
Veteran Member

damn, and I thought DFW was bad. living in Savannah, I have been fortunate to not have to fly to atlanta, now I hope I don't ever have to.
I've flown in/out of SAV a bunch of times now and it is a great little airport.
09-07-2009, 06:29 AM   #9
Banned

I've flown in/out of SAV a bunch of times now and it is a great little airport.
yea Savannah International is nice, Savannah is nice in general. I grew up with DFW, being from Fort Worth so its the only large airport I have to go by. you ever experienced DFW? I sure hope its a step or two above atlanta.
09-07-2009, 06:31 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Lived in Savannah from 1990-1992...corner of Houston and Perry streets. Haven't been back since, but would love to get back down there next time I am home for a month or so.

Jason
09-07-2009, 06:34 AM   #11
Veteran Member

yea Savannah International is nice, Savannah is nice in general. I grew up with DFW, being from Fort Worth so its the only large airport I have to go by. you ever experienced DFW? I sure hope its a step or two above atlanta.
Yeah, DFW was a little chaotic when I went there but nowhere near as bad as ATL -- the problem with Hartsfield is not only the poor design and flow, but the a-holes who work there.

On a side note: any recommendations for good places to go shooting in/near Savannah? We have wildlife and nature pretty well covered here on and around HHI, but other than that it's a little boring.
09-07-2009, 06:37 AM   #12
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
Lived in Savannah from 1990-1992...corner of Houston and Perry streets. Haven't been back since, but would love to get back down there next time I am home for a month or so.

Jason
I love Savannah. I left Texas, and cant imagine (despite loving my home state) ever leaving Savannah. downtown is just so grand. it has its bad sides, and its expanding very rapidly now, but I love it. I just wish I could afford to live downtown. I can barely afford to live in midtown :ugh: but Im a common site downtown for sure. Savannah is where international visitors should be coming, not Atlanta. its like two different worlds within the same state.
09-07-2009, 06:45 AM   #13
Banned

Yeah, DFW was a little chaotic when I went there but nowhere near as bad as ATL -- the problem with Hartsfield is not only the poor design and flow, but the a-holes who work there.

On a side note: any recommendations for good places to go shooting in/near Savannah? We have wildlife and nature pretty well covered here on and around HHI, but other than that it's a little boring.
downtown is always fun. (im down there nearly everyday (when its not too hot) another big attraction are the cemeteries. Savannah is full of civil war and even revolutionary war monuments and such. including a few museum Forts. Savannah is still a small city though. its really great for street photography. but nature and wildlife is a big part of it, you obviously aren't that far away from Savannah so you know the coastline very well and you know Savannah is very similar.
09-07-2009, 06:47 AM   #14
Veteran Member

downtown is always fun. (im down there nearly everyday (when its not too hot) another big attraction are the cemeteries. Savannah is full of civil war and even revolutionary war monuments and such. including a few museum Forts. Savannah is still a small city though. its really great for street photography. but nature and wildlife is a big part of it, you obviously aren't that far away from Savannah so you know the coastline very well and you know Savannah is very similar.
Thanks; I might head down there this coming weekend with the Leica in hand. Wife and daughter are off to Seattle for a week so I'll have some time to play with cameras.
09-07-2009, 06:55 AM   #15
Banned

Thanks; I might head down there this coming weekend with the Leica in hand. Wife and daughter are off to Seattle for a week so I'll have some time to play with cameras.
I work at night, and I have a funeral to go to, (my uncle was found dead two days ago in his home) so I cant make any plans, but if you happen to see a guy with an MX and a 55mm Takumar.... well that would be me. hell if you see anyone with a Pentax at all, it will likely be me.