Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
anthony

Not for selling?

for customers in USA
STATEMENT OF FCC COMPLIANCE

This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Changes or modifications not approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user's authority to operate the quipment.
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC rules.
These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio commuications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation.
If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:

* Reorient the receiving antennae
* Increase th separation between the equipment and the receiver.
* Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit differenent from that to which the receiver is connected.

09-08-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What is this post about?
09-08-2009, 10:57 AM   #3
Inactive Account

You posted this once before.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-talk/69024-fcc-part-15-rule.html#post698322

So what is the point of the post? The statement has absolutely nothing to do with use of the camera under normal circumstances.
09-08-2009, 11:09 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Maybe his hat needs more foil?

09-08-2009, 11:27 AM   #5
Inactive Account

No comment. I might get another infraction.
09-08-2009, 12:06 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I'm confused, too. Do you a question about why the FCC requires cameras to have a certain level of shielding in order to qualify for class B certification (meaning, suitable for general use, as opposed to class A, which is suitable only for use in certain environments), questions about whether your camera has that level of shielding, questions about what the ramifications would be if you were to remove that shielding, or what?

Unless someone has deliberately tampered with the camera, it is a class B device, meaning, suitable for general use.

The only way I can see to interpret this question in light of the title of the thread ("not for selling") is this: in what cases can a certified class B device not be sold. The answer would be, in cases where you have tampered with the device to make it not meet the requirements of a class B device any more. Are you concerned that someone might have done this to a camera you bought? Seems pretty unlikely - what would be your evidence? Or are you contemplating doing this yourself? Don't. Otherwise, again, I don't understand what your are asking.
09-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
Maybe his hat needs more foil?
funniest thing I have read all day

kman

09-08-2009, 04:38 PM   #8
Inactive Account

The OP tried to drum up support for this 'cause' a few weeks ago but failed to stir the masses into revolt. Gary moved that thread to 'General Talk' which is where I have moved this one also.

If discussion drifts off into la-la land it will be closed quickly.
09-08-2009, 05:20 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Does that mean we can't start talking about delicious.....

Pat
09-08-2009, 05:55 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
The OP tried to drum up support for this 'cause' a few weeks ago but failed to stir the masses into revolt. Gary moved that thread to 'General Talk' which is where I have moved this one also.

If discussion drifts off into la-la land it will be closed quickly.
I'm kind of hoping the OP actually follows up and explains what he is asking about, though. I'm guessing he's simply confused about what Class B compliance entails, but I can't even tell what exactly he is confused about. The wording posted is the standard text included by US law on virtually every electronic device sold.
09-08-2009, 06:00 PM   #11
Veteran Member

ban

10char
09-08-2009, 06:06 PM   #12
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
ban

10char
I was just thinking that myself. If he starts another thread with the same subject, I'm going to invoke the 'third strike' rule.

Last edited by Damn Brit; 09-08-2009 at 09:28 PM.
09-08-2009, 06:13 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote
Does that mean we can't start talking about delicious.....

Pat
See, that's not the kind of cheese sandwich I am talking about. American style ones usually have the cheese between two slices of bread; a _proper_ cheese sandwich (or as Marc Sabatella would write, *proper*) has one slice of bread topped by one or more cheese slices. I think it's mainly referred to as an "open top" sandwich here.

But if you insist on this layered grilled monstrosity, might I suggest using brie and feta, with a fresh basil leaf in the mix? Perhaps even dip it in a little pesto? (Go lightly, just for a hint of flavor.)
09-08-2009, 07:08 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
... a _proper_ cheese sandwich (or as Marc Sabatella would write, *proper*) has one slice of bread topped by one or more cheese slices. I think it's mainly referred to as an "open top" sandwich here.
My wife refers to that variety as cheese toast.
09-08-2009, 07:34 PM   #15
graphicgr8s

MMMM grilled cheese sandwich. None of that nasty brie. French don't make no good cheese.