Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2009, 12:23 PM   #271
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Well, this is the kind of conversation we *could* be having if all the attention weren't on mad ideology.
Well I'm all ears. how are we going to do it?

Thank you
Russell

09-15-2009, 12:34 PM   #272
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Russell-Evans Quote
Well I'm all ears. how are we going to do it?

Thank you
Russell
New thread, for starters? This one's mostly about the mania.
09-15-2009, 01:29 PM   #273
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
You can't be serious here.

Posting an image of the first black president as a stereotypical African witch doctor isn't the slightest bit racist?
Don't *see* it as racist at *all*. Would *it* be racist if it was a caucacian president? *So* you can't *have* satire of this president *because* he is *black*? Give me *a* break.
09-15-2009, 01:30 PM   #274
Veteran Member

New thread, for starters? This one's mostly about the mania.
Here is your new thread

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-talk/73540-how-we-going-do-health...tml#post742767

Thank you
Russell

09-15-2009, 01:30 PM   #275
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Don't see it as racist at all. Would it be racist if it was a caucacian president?
No, obviously not. But it'd still be stupid.

QuoteQuote:
So you can't have satire of this president because he is black? Give me a break.
You can't have THAT satire of THIS president.

Are you intentionally dense?
09-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #276
graphicgr8s

Where's all that money go? Here's a hint: Ask the *rich* people.
The *rich* this, the *rich* that. What do you have against the *rich*? Most of them actually *earned* their money. Came up with an idea and failed many times over the years. Finally find something that works and makes money. What's *wrong* with that? Why don't you come up with *something* someone *wants* to buy and *sell* it and become *rich* yourself?

Without those *rich* you would be stuck *paying for *things* yourself. I mean without the *rich* where would *welfare* and other *entitlements* be?

And where would ACORN be? I mean someone has to tell hookers how to get a house for those illegal children.
09-15-2009, 01:38 PM   #277
graphicgr8s

No, obviously not. But it'd still be stupid.

True, it is stupid no matter what the skin color

You can't have THAT satire of THIS president.
Double standard
Are you intentionally dense?
10chara

09-15-2009, 01:40 PM   #278
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
.......You can't have THAT satire of THIS president.
So you are saying that he should be treated differently because of his race. Hmmmmm. There is a term for that. I just can't quite remember what it is. Somebody help me out here. What's the term for treating one person differently than another based solely on his race?
09-15-2009, 01:41 PM   #279
Veteran Member

I'm curious as to how it's a double-standard.

Witch doctor imagery is offensive to blacks because of how it's been used to depict modern blacks in modern times. It hasn't been used that way toward white people, so it's not offensive to them (it's generally considered comedic, in the limited instances when it occurs).

This isn't a double-standard, it's a difference in origin and historical application.
09-15-2009, 01:44 PM   #280
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
So you are saying that he should be treated differently because of his race. Hmmmmm. There is a term for that. I just can't quite remember what it is. Somebody help me out here. What's the term for treating one person differently than another based solely on his race?
Exactly, they're treating him differently by creating photoshopped images of him as a witch doctor. There's no doubt as to where the idea for the poster came from. That's racism.

Note that they didn't photoshop Bill Clinton into a witch doctor outfit when he proposed his similar healthcare plan.
09-15-2009, 01:52 PM   #281
graphicgr8s

Exactly, they're treating him differently by creating photoshopped images of him as a witch doctor. There's no doubt as to where the idea for the poster came from. That's racism.

Note that they didn't photoshop Bill Clinton into a witch doctor outfit when he proposed his similar healthcare plan.
Actually it was Hillary's plan. He was on the cover of Time though where the M made him the devil he is.

And all the KKK stuff is okay though?
09-15-2009, 02:17 PM   #282
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Actually. I think the whole problem with Prez. Obama, is that he has cooties.
It couldn't possibly be because he's sorta.....um black.
Everyone knows there's no bigotry in America. Why, that would be unpatriotic.

"The last refuge of the scoundrel is patiotism."
Samuel Clemens
09-15-2009, 02:30 PM   #283
graphicgr8s

Shooz I couldn't care if he was green with yellow polka dots.

There are others black politicians, that if they had run, I would have been not only voting for them but also campaigning.
09-15-2009, 02:33 PM   #284
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Shooz I couldn't care if he was green with yellow polka dots.

There are others black politicians, that if they had run, I would have been not only voting for them but also campaigning.
"Some of my best friends are black!!"

No one's accused YOU of being racist in this debate. We're debating about the racist implications of that poster (and others like it).
09-15-2009, 07:42 PM   #285
graphicgr8s

"Some of my best friends are black!!"

No one's accused YOU of being racist in this debate. We're debating about the racist implications of that poster (and others like it).
Like I said, I don't think the poster is racist. Just stupid. Same as the ones done with Bush.
Closed Thread