Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
09-13-2009, 12:20 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I can't believe eBay does nothing on blacklisting the guy. surely they'll be able to single out Keith and ban him for good. I dunno but they seem to ignore Keith's outstanding record of violations which is considered criminal offenses.

09-13-2009, 09:53 AM   #17
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
Is this the guy who used to sell the "OPTICALLY EXCELLENT" lenses?

haha, yes. that would be him.
09-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thanks for contributing!
09-18-2009, 01:45 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
I can't believe eBay does nothing on blacklisting the guy. surely they'll be able to single out Keith and ban him for good. I dunno but they seem to ignore Keith's outstanding record of violations which is considered criminal offenses.
hello, let us not forget what ebay is and what they are really after behind the false preaching…money!!!!! I have been watching their tricks for too long, so they do not care about him, as long as he pays the fees.
s.

09-18-2009, 01:47 PM   #20
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I'd agree with this assessment. I was one of the many who in earlier years and before these forums existed, got caught by this guy. I think the SMCA7-210 I bought went in the bin on a cleanup some time ago. It had enough fungus to start a vegtable garden.
I like your story, this is all we can do now, laugh....
sooner or later he will change [I doubt it] or will be out!
09-18-2009, 01:53 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Good to know.
Thanks
09-18-2009, 02:23 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
while the OP may have a valid argument and I vaguely remember the names on Ebay, the post would hold more credibility if this was not a new account and 1st post.
I dont care who the OP is or how long he has been on PF. He's telling the truth about Rocky. Complete scammer that ripped me off a couple of years back as well. I filed a complaint about him with the police where he listed his address and they said they had no idea where he actually was but they had lots of complaints about him.

Mike

p.s. To the OP... It really wasn't nice to insult Cowboys by calling Rocky one. LOL

Last edited by MRRiley; 09-18-2009 at 02:30 PM.
09-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #23
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
I dont care who the OP is or how long he has been on PF. He's telling the truth about Rocky. Complete scammer that ripped me off a couple of years back as well. I filed a complaint about him with the police where he listed his address and they said they had no idea where he actually was but they had lots of complaints about him.

Mike
That's because you have knowledge of the operations of the guy. Regardless, I keep my guard up. As I said, I remember various versions of that name and avoided the seller. However, ebay seems to let some crap slide. There is a current auction with a 500mm lens that is missing the mount tube and the guys is selling it as functional. Ebay has gotten several reports but hasn't done anything about it.

Edit: I do recognize the name Ferndowncameras but have never gone with a transaction with them. They got dodgy on a question with me way back about the model number of a Tamron adaptall. They were leading people to believe it was one of the newer versions when it was in fact one of the original adaptalls.

Last edited by Blue; 09-18-2009 at 02:44 PM.
09-26-2009, 07:36 AM   #24
Marketplace Reseller

the first post seems just as fishy as rockycameras
09-29-2009, 10:12 AM   #25
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
While ebay did away with the sellers leaving feedback, which was a plus, they also completely ticked me off when they now made feedback only go back 12 months. Which means, a seller can screw someone over and have 11 negatives in one year, but if they succeed in having good transactions in months 13, 14, and 15, you won't see that seller's negatives until they get one more, and they you'll see only that one and not the previous 11. This also screws good sellers who have sold on ebay for 10 years who have never had a negative, but then get one. They could look just as bad as the person who had 11 last year, but only 1 so far this year.

Their new 1 year at a time feedback allows bad sellers to hide their old baggage and ones that don't sell a lot per year to take heavy feedback percentage hits if they only get one negative. Ridiculous.
10-11-2009, 10:51 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Hello - I actually met him today at the Guildford camera fair. He seemed a thoroughly pleasant guy and I bought a 40mm pancake and some lens covers off him for a very reasonable price. We spoke about eBay for a while and although I didn't connect the names together until afterwards he has his gripes with eBay too - as a seller, being hassled by unscupulous buyers threatening with negative feedback unless they get reductions.

I have to say that I would buy from him again...
10-11-2009, 02:46 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
Hello - I actually met him today at the Guildford camera fair. He seemed a thoroughly pleasant guy and I bought a 40mm pancake and some lens covers off him for a very reasonable price. We spoke about eBay for a while and although I didn't connect the names together until afterwards he has his gripes with eBay too - as a seller, being hassled by unscupulous buyers threatening with negative feedback unless they get reductions.

I have to say that I would buy from him again...
Try buying from him online and let us know how happy you are with the fungus covered or non-operable lens he sends you that he described as "optically perfect" He is a slimeball ripoff shyster... PERIOD!!!
10-11-2009, 03:09 PM   #28
Igilligan

Listen to Mike...

Do not be lulled into a false sense of security because this is the OP's first post or that Nass met him at a camera fair. Anyone would take the good stuff to a camera fair... only an idiot would try and sell crap at a venue where people get their hands on the product.

It is the garbage that goes out thru ebay that is the problem... I find it hilarious that "he has his gripes with eBay too - as a seller, being hassled by unscupulous buyers threatening with negative feedback unless they get reductions."

If you get a crap lens, your options are to send it back overseas at your expense, or ask for a reduction in price...

That is why he is being "hassled" for so many price reductions...

There is something "unscrupulous" going on here, but it is not the buyers!
10-11-2009, 07:02 PM   #29
Site Supporter

I have noticed that a lot of the Ferndown merchandise is posed to not show the serial number. It is usually items that are questionable. Some reputable sellers do that occasionally as well but usually as an oversight. Ferndown ignored followup questions from me in the past. Needless to say I never placed a bid.
10-12-2009, 02:32 AM   #30
Veteran Member

I think you will find a template is used to provide the same word for word product description as far as condition goes. I've been hunting a particular lens for a few months that Keithy babe regularly has to sell and one product pic had me pissing my pants with laughter. This excellent lens as in so good, only taken to church on Sundays for photo sessions by a little old lady from Pasadena was looking more then a little bit furry inside.