Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
12-15-2009, 03:02 PM   #31

he has fooled me !!! december 09.

hi people,
i have bought one lens from him a month ago and it was just fine according to his description, then I have bought another one and it was terrible ! it has oil in the blades easily seen 10 meters away !!!

I asked him to refund my money after I sent the lens back to him and now....... nothing....... he has left ebay or somthing similar because I see he is not longer registered.

does anybody know how to know his new nickname or hot to "catch" him,
it is a shame people like him with 6000 votes ? do that.

regards

roberto

12-15-2009, 03:41 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by relb1975 Quote

I asked him to refund my money after I sent the lens back to him
*chime.* That procedure is not recommended.

I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune. Maybe you can cancel payment if you used an appropriate service. Sending the thing back before word just put the whole situation in his hands, though.
12-15-2009, 03:57 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Ferndown (where Rocky lives) is only about 30 mins drive from me.
I have bought a couple of lenses from him, one turned out perfect and the other had a sticky iris and looked as though it had gone 10 rounds with a screwdriver that was 3 sizes too small. He asked me to send it back for a refund and after a few excuses as to why he had not returned my cash I said I would be coming round personally to pick it up .. he refunded me straight away along with the return postage and a bit extra for my trouble.
12-15-2009, 06:37 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I wonder why Paypal or eBay ban him for good. maybe he's using a lot of pseudo-names perhaps?

12-15-2009, 09:26 PM   #35
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
I wonder why Paypal or eBay ban him for good. maybe he's using a lot of pseudo-names perhaps?
They don't care probably. The odd dirty dealer isn't going to affect their business, after all what other options are there?
12-15-2009, 11:46 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
They don't care probably. The odd dirty dealer isn't going to affect their business, after all what other options are there?
hunt him down probably. if he's in the U.K. , I can have someone knocking on his doorstep by now. he might be thinking just because he's in the U.K. that I wouldn't be able to find him. besides, U.K. is a small world, atleast for me. of course, I don't want to arrive at that part where I have to hurt someone. I'm a good person now, sez mah wife.
12-16-2009, 01:45 AM   #37
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
hunt him down probably. if he's in the U.K. , I can have someone knocking on his doorstep by now. he might be thinking just because he's in the U.K. that I wouldn't be able to find him. besides, U.K. is a small world, atleast for me. of course, I don't want to arrive at that part where I have to hurt someone. I'm a good person now, sez mah wife.
Email him and tell him your friend MikeP has the lens and will be returning it personally for you.
Of course, now that you've said that, if anything happens to him, Interpol or RCMP (or both) are going to come knocking at your door.

Ebay should change it's name to BuyerBewareBay.

12-21-2009, 02:26 PM   #38

[langtitle=fr]keith rock...[/langtitle]

désolé...je le mets en Français !!!
ce guguss qui vendait des merdes sur Ebay m'a l'air d'un sacré salopard !!
depuis un mois, j'attends un objectif 500mm/f8 m42, et je pense que je ne l'aurai jamais !!
j'ai entamé une procédure de litige sur Ebay,...mais je sais que çà ne sert à rien , vu l'ampleur des dégats que ce mec a causé; je suppose qu'il n'en a rien à f...
vu le nombre d'adresses qu'il a dans un bled comme Ferndown, Dorset..
en voilà 2 :
Mr Keith Rock,2 Highfield Road,West Moors,Ferndown, Dorset, England,BH22ONA
Mr Keith Rock,14 woodside close,West Moors,Ferndown, Dorset, England,BH229LG
étonnant, non ?
c'est ce qui s'appelle avoir plusieurs pignons sur rue...

et je suppose qu'il n'est pas aussi bon musicien que son homonyme !!!
12-23-2009, 02:25 PM   #39

refunded!!!!

After a couple of weeks paypal refunded the money to my account,
note I said paypal...
I dont know how these kind of things are allowed in ebay ! This seller has a bad record and many complaints, so why ebay/paypal allow this?
Of course I was refunded just the money I paid at the beginning, I mean the lens+the shipment. But the money I paid to send it back to him was not refunded at all, it was just 10 euros but those 10 euros....are MINE

Anyway I hope I can screw some of his ebay auctions sooner or later.

Regards from Spain to everyone and happy christmas!!

Roberto
12-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by relb1975 Quote
After a couple of weeks paypal refunded the money to my account,
note I said paypal...
I dont know how these kind of things are allowed in ebay ! This seller has a bad record and many complaints, so why ebay/paypal allow this?
Of course I was refunded just the money I paid at the beginning, I mean the lens+the shipment. But the money I paid to send it back to him was not refunded at all, it was just 10 euros but those 10 euros....are MINE

Anyway I hope I can screw some of his ebay auctions sooner or later.

Regards from Spain to everyone and happy christmas!!

Roberto
you should had kept the lens as a souvenir.
01-24-2010, 02:41 PM   #41

01-24-2010, 07:03 PM   #42

I have purchased from him with no trouble before, long ago, but then over last year or so nothing but trouble! Lenses described as perfect showing up with terrible scratches or coating wear, infested with fungus, etc. Not worth the hassle anymore.
10-25-2010, 04:15 PM   #43

seriously you lot...if you think he is that bad a guy then you are really sad, you lot need to get off your arses n get a real job instead you have nothing better to do than spend your sad little tinie weenie lives bitching about someone who you have never actually met. grow up guys!!! seriously!!!
10-25-2010, 04:47 PM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LozzyLITHIUM Quote
<Deleted by Mod>
Imagine that... looks like we were honoured with a visit by mr Rock (or whatever his name is this week)...

Pat

Last edited by Parallax; 10-25-2010 at 05:16 PM.
10-25-2010, 04:53 PM   #45
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

I would agree. It's got nothing to do with meeting the guy or making friends. It's about getting crappy gear or nothing at all after you've paid. I for one like to get what's advertised in good usable condition. Also good enough that I can resell it if it's not the right piece for my needs and not just be passing off his crap to my buyer if it even shows up.

Nice though that he revived an old thread so all the newbie's can see it at the top of the forums.