Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-25-2010, 04:59 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LozzyLITHIUM Quote
<Deleted by Mod>
HAHAHA!
You're new around here aren't you

I consider posts like this to be the equivalent of a homeless person holding a sign saying 'Need money for booze'

Last edited by JohnBee; 10-25-2010 at 05:36 PM.
10-25-2010, 05:11 PM   #47
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Interesting too that he (if it is him) shows up 6 months after the latest post, to tell people to quit their bitchin'... Is that time lag synonymous with the customer service?

10-25-2010, 05:19 PM   #48
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

beautiful John. I nominate you for post of the week!
10-25-2010, 06:22 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Thanks for bringing this warning back to the top of the forum... Fresh warning for potential Keith Rock victims...

10-25-2010, 06:25 PM   #50
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Thanks for bringing this warning back to the top of the forum... Fresh warning for potential Keith Rock victims...
What is he calling himself these days? Every time I look at something in the UK that I haven't dealt with before, I try to make sure I have vetted them out because of this character.
10-26-2010, 01:49 AM   #51

i am not Mr. Rock...you'll be lucky.
but seriously guys...whats the point in all this? i happen to be colleague of his and i have never ever come across items in such state...never!!!
10-26-2010, 02:26 AM   #52
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
LozzyLITHIUM: Am I right that you guys are at rockycameras.com nowadays?

10-26-2010, 02:53 AM   #53
Veteran Member

Of course you havn't seen any of his junk Lozzy. He certainly wouldn't try to foist it on someone who could actually look at it before buying it. I also figure he wouldn't foist it on someone in the UK who could drive to his house and demand their money back. Every case of "not as advertised" gear I have heard has been from a U.S. buyer. We can't get to him after we find that the "optically perfect" lens we ordered turns out to have scratches and a non-functional aperture.

My personal mistake was not throwing good money after bad to return the POS 28mm he sent me back to him by registered and trackable mail. Then i could have at least proved he received it and he could not have refuse to refund me.

Mike
10-26-2010, 09:09 AM   #54
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

...................whats the point in all this? ...........
I believe the point of this [thread] is to make as many people as possible aware of the experiences of others so they may make an informed decision as to whether they care to do business with him or not. Think of it as the PF version a Public Service Announcement.
I am curious, though, what your purpose was in dredging up a thread that hadn't had a post made to it in 9 months, and had been long forgotten. We could make it a sticky if you like.
10-26-2010, 09:12 AM   #55
Veteran Member

i am not Mr. Rock...you'll be lucky.
but seriously guys...whats the point in all this? i happen to be colleague of his and i have never ever come across items in such state...never!!!
you should ask yourself, what's in it for the people who complained against him? what do you think they'll get in return? they lost their money on crap, and never got a refund, then you tell them to bug off? I think it would be childish of them to make up stories. the complainants here are all grown-ups that know how to use and assess professional equipment. this is not just a random isolated case.

if you're (assuming you are Mr. Rock posting as someone elses) or his business gets affected by the rant in this forum because of his disservice, then it's his own fault. if you or he truly believes that he, as you said never really do such a thing, then come to the U.S. and meet these complainants and sue them. I highly doubt that he would even do that just to save face or brave enough to meet a disgruntled buyer. just hope he didn't sell one who is from Texas.
10-06-2019, 04:24 AM   #56
Pentaxian

I have bought from his Etsy shop (rockycameras) several times. I have always gotten my order but the last few times I had to contact him. He blamed his local post office for delaying the shipment. The stuff arrived though. His descriptions are not very reliable and I always studied the photo's meticulously. He also has the strange habit of hiding the brand name of some third party lenses he sold. And they are almost always in excellent optical condition and have great bokeh, even tough on the photo you can clearly see it is pretty beat up.

The reason I am posting as of today (I think) his Etsy shop has disappeared. So maybe they kicked him of or he closed it him self. Does anybody know anything about it? There were a few nice lenses on my favourites list from him that I would have risked getting despite his quaint behaviour and reliability problems. His website is still online Over 80,000 TLRS, SLRS, Rangefinder & Vintage Cameras + Many Lenses & Accessories. WE ALSO BUY From Single Items to ENTIRE Collections

---------- Post added 06-10-19 at 13:48 ----------

I have contacted him (was still possible through my old purchases) and he informed me he has moved to Bonanza (haven't heard from it before) because of etsy's recent price hike.
rockycameras' booth at Bonanza - Cameras & Photo, Film Camera...
10-06-2019, 05:11 AM   #57
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bought from rockycameras.com years ago.
I received my order without any issues.
However I too have read many reports of problems.

When I searched for his shop name on Etsy it was not found.
Instead it suggested Cambridgeworld, another one you might want to to avoid.
Back in the day they had a terrible reputation as one of NYC's most unscrupulous dealers,
so much so I'm surprised anyone would choose to use that name today!

Chris