Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2009, 11:39 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I thought she said shove the ball down her throat.

I am a girl's softball umpire and I have had coaches and parents scream at me for some of my calls, right or wrong. I had a high school player use bad language at me well after the game was over.

Serena was frustrated. She felt all the bad calls were unfairly against her.

But she should not have lost her temper. Yea we make bad calls sometimes as officials, that is the way it is.

If I know I screwed up a call, I will ask my partener to help me and I WILL REVERSE IT!

Then the other parents and coaches are screaming at me as well for doing that!

Last edited by res3567; 09-14-2009 at 01:18 AM.
09-13-2009, 11:59 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by res3567 Quote

I am a girl's softball umpire and I have had coaches and parents scream at me for some of my calls, right or wrong. I had a high school player use bad language at me well after the game was over.

But she should not have lost her temper. Yea we make bad calls sometimes as officials, that is the way it is.

If I know I screwed up a call, I will ask my partener to help me and I WILL REVERSE IT!

Then the other parents and coaches are screaming at me as well for down that!
well, mentioning the F word on several occasions and pointing a finger at you in a threathening manner is no excuse at all. honestly speaking, from the way I saw the match, Serena is a bad loser. she was getting pummeled there and I believe even without the controversial call, there is no doubt that she will lose. Serena blamed the line judge for a single crucial point.

what is really unfair is how she mistreated the line judge for doing her job. Serena is not her boss nor she is her subordinate, so Serena has no right to do that acting like she owns somebody just because she's a tennis player who gets paid big bucks. Yes, I do hope she gets suspended and stripped of her earnings inorder to wipe that sarcastic and unapologetic smile on her face. that would give her something to ponder about.

anyway, I just saw her again tonight, doing some appearance on the MTV VMA. she got boo'ed there as well. that's how people feel about her rant.
09-14-2009, 12:32 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
well, mentioning the F word on several occasions and pointing a finger at you in a threathening manner is no excuse at all. honestly speaking, from the way I saw the match, Serena is a bad loser. she was getting pummeled there and I believe even without the controversial call, there is no doubt that she will lose. Serena blamed the line judge for a single crucial point.

what is really unfair is how she mistreated the line judge for doing her job. Serena is not her boss nor she is her subordinate, so Serena has no right to do that acting like she owns somebody just because she's a tennis player who gets paid big bucks. Yes, I do hope she gets suspended and stripped of her earnings inorder to wipe that sarcastic and unapologetic smile on her face. that would give her something to ponder about.

anyway, I just saw her again tonight, doing some appearance on the MTV VMA. she got boo'ed there as well. that's how people feel about her rant.
Glad to know that even rowdy NY fans will boo her for her conduct. There was booing when she walked off the court, but it wasn't clear if they were booing her outburst or what seemed like her forfeiting the match.
09-14-2009, 01:11 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote

Yea you are right. Bad language should not be tolerated AT ALL and she also THREATNED her.

I don't go for that as well when I umpire.

OK. Coach don't like my call, but I know I made the right one.

1. Let coach chirp.
2 . Warn coach enough is enough.
3. Toss coach.

That is my approach. Thank goodness I have not had to toss any coaches and or players.

I just tell them all , "Lets play ball!", after my final ruling.

09-14-2009, 04:35 AM   #20
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by res3567 Quote

Then the other parents and coaches are screaming at me as well for doing that!

I quit reffing soccer for similar reasons. I was tired of being yelled at by people for making a call or not making a call. No matter what I did it wasn't right. So when I would warn the coaches that one more word and they'd be sent off, they'd just curse at me in their native languages. I feel really badly for that poor judge being humilated like that in such a public venue.

Personally I think all athletes that take their sport seriously ought to spend some time officiating it as well. It makes them a better player and more tolerant of variations in calling styles.
09-14-2009, 09:20 AM   #21

I'm kinda laughin at the fact she said she shove the f'n ball down her f'n throught. I'm mean....really? Is that what ya got?
09-14-2009, 09:38 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Personally I think all athletes that take their sport seriously ought to spend some time officiating it as well. It makes them a better player and more tolerant of variations in calling styles.
That's a really good idea.

With the title of this thread, which I hadn't been reading, I'd presumed 'Blew her top off,' meant her mighty swing had caused an explosive sportsbra malfunction, rather than just, 'She blew her top'

09-14-2009, 09:43 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
I'd presumed 'Blew her top off,' meant her mighty swing had caused an explosive sportsbra malfunction, rather than just, 'She blew her top'
Well, to be honest having watched the video, I think a "sports bra malfunction" would have been more dignified and less embarrassing that what she did to on the court...

Pat
09-14-2009, 10:08 AM   #24
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I used to enjoy watching tennis; until they decided they had to grunt every time they hit the ball.
09-14-2009, 08:38 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
I used to enjoy watching tennis; until they decided they had to grunt before they hit the ball.
fixed!

(plus something to beat the 10char min)
09-14-2009, 08:58 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I used to enjoy watching tennis; until they decided they had to grunt every time they hit the ball.
Being a player myself, grunting is actually very conducive to hitting the ball well, but I definitely think it's odd when the girls are louder than the guys...
09-14-2009, 10:04 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by krypticide Quote
Being a player myself, grunting is actually very conducive to hitting the ball well, but I definitely think it's odd when the girls are louder than the guys...
Sharapova?
09-15-2009, 04:51 AM   #28

Being a player myself, grunting is actually very conducive to hitting the ball well...
That may be so, but it's the reason I don't watch tennis anymore - Steffie, Martina, Chris. et. al. are legends and they didn't grunt. It's just too annoying to listen to for any length of time IMO
09-15-2009, 08:12 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Well, sometimes when you close your eyes and listen, you can start dreaming about a different situation...

Just kidding. Maybe.
09-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #30
Veteran Member

HA!