Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2009, 12:52 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Now that's FAST!!

Yesterday afternoon I ordered a 100' ethernet cable from Newegg.com. It said it was coing from Memphis, TN and last time I ordered from them and the item was coming from there, it went to every state around Missouri to Kansas City and back before I got it. And that was only an SD card.

Well, we had gone out this morning and came back a little while ago and guess what was at my door... the cable!! 24 hours it took to get here. I am impressed!! GO NEWEGG!!

09-20-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Well it isn't like southeast Missouri is on the other side of the planet from Memphis......

Maybe one of the workers at the store just dropped it off on his way home.
09-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Glad someone else has had a good experience with Newegg too, they definitely deserve some more recognition. Newegg has a lot of good reputation for good customer service and fast servicing. My friend used to buy a bunch of computer parts there to build computers, all my my items that he used to build my computer comes from Newegg. Highly recommended to buy stuff from that site.
09-21-2009, 01:00 PM   #4

I live in Memphis and every time I order from Newegg, they ship it to the DHL hub in Kentucky and then ship it back to me here in Memphis. An odd system say I must.

09-21-2009, 01:46 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
That's what they did to my SD card. It went through Kentucky, IL, St. Louis, Kansas City, back to St. Louis and then down to me. It took a week!
09-21-2009, 04:49 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wildnsyko Quote
That's what they did to my SD card. It went through Kentucky, IL, St. Louis, Kansas City, back to St. Louis and then down to me. It took a week!
Was that "Egg Saver" shipping? That's usually serviced initially by DHL, than passed to the post office for delivery - which explains why the pakage gets bounced around a few states.

I remember years ago (play old gaffer voice) when Newegg was so kick-ass. They were so good that on small-quantity stuff I gave up computer shows. These days, Newegg is still good, but no longer the exclusive gold standard they once were.
09-24-2009, 10:27 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have been a New Egg customer for many years and have found their shipping to be excellent overall. I usually just choose the standard shipping, not the overnight. Sometimes things happen happen in shipping that cause delays (I'm a mechanic for a truck fleet) such as bad weather and road closures along with airport closures due to weather and such not to mention accidents and breakdowns that cause delays. We recently had a truck delayed overnight because of a flat tire in a rather out of the way place. By the time repairs were made the driver had run out of hours and by law has to park for 10 hours. An airport closing due to weather can cause an airfreight plane to divert somewhere else and cause similar problems. Considering all the things that can go wrong, I think most of the stuff we order gets delivered pretty fast.
09-25-2009, 08:47 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by flippedgazelle Quote
Was that "Egg Saver" shipping? That's usually serviced initially by DHL, than passed to the post office for delivery - which explains why the pakage gets bounced around a few states.

I remember years ago (play old gaffer voice) when Newegg was so kick-ass. They were so good that on small-quantity stuff I gave up computer shows. These days, Newegg is still good, but no longer the exclusive gold standard they once were.
It probably was the "Egg Saver". I don't remember. It's been a few months. And this last one did come through the USPS.

I use them because I haven't found any other place. And the only thing we have in town for electronics is Best Buy. Who do you use for computer gear? I've got to rebuild 2 computers come springtime and if I can find another place with cheap, good parts, I'll go for it.

09-26-2009, 07:32 AM   #9

Photos: Gallery | Albums
there are so many shipping centres in tennesee/missouri/kansas/ark that it is the best place to live for quick shipping