Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-23-2007, 05:31 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Advice needed please.

This is probably not the right place to be posting this, but not sure where else. So (on bended knee) seeking the indulgence of the adminstrators....

What can I expect in Yosemite and the Redwoods (Humboldt NP etc) in the first two weeks of November with regard to autumn colours? (say Nov 5-21)
Am I going to be too late? Is the weather going to be a big factor as in snow/ice?

Any advice you could offer on the area from Yosemite up to say Cradle Lake and then back down through Redwoods on 101 would be very much appreciated.

Regards
Grant

05-23-2007, 05:45 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think that would be a stretch to expect autumn colors at that time...

QuoteOriginally posted by GWP Quote
This is probably not the right place to be posting this, but not sure where else. So (on bended knee) seeking the indulgence of the adminstrators....

What can I expect in Yosemite and the Redwoods (Humboldt NP etc) in the first two weeks of November with regard to autumn colours? (say Nov 5-21)
Am I going to be too late? Is the weather going to be a big factor as in snow/ice?

Any advice you could offer on the area from Yosemite up to say Cradle Lake and then back down through Redwoods on 101 would be very much appreciated.

Regards
Grant
Normally the last 2 weeks of October into the first few days of November is the normal time to see fall colors at this latitude. I only snows 3 times a year on average in NW Arkansas.

Here's your definitive answer:
The Best Time To Visit Yosemite National Park

"Autumn is starting to evidence itself. The end of the month brings the peak color change of the foliage. Photography is getting interesting again. The best time to see the fall colors is the last two weeks of October through the first week of November!!"

Regards,
Marc
05-25-2007, 02:24 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks Marc,
That is a very useful site.
Tickets are booked, so hopefully autumn will drag on just a little.
Grant