Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2009, 10:04 AM   #91
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Gnatzee,

Nowhere was I French bashing. However, the war was 7 years and the French involvement with actual troops was into the 6th year and the war wasn't over at Yorktown and were other battles. As I stated above, the French took heavy casualties at Yorktown which was the ultimate sacrifice. The irony at Yorktown is that some of the French troops were under leadership of German officers and the British had Hessian troops there. I have had maps of the troop positions for that war since the 6th grade along with miniature soldiers.

10-01-2009, 11:19 AM   #92
Veteran Member

Blue, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. Graphicgr8s was French bashing, and my original post on page 2 of the thread was a response to him. I didn't mean to sound as if I thought you were French bashing.
10-01-2009, 02:04 PM   #93
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by gnaztee Quote
Blue, I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. Graphicgr8s was French bashing, and my original post on page 2 of the thread was a response to him. I didn't mean to sound as if I thought you were French bashing.
QuoteQuote:
The French? Who cares? I mean the only war they ever won was their own civil war. Hell if the Italians didn't teach em to cook they'd a starved ta death.
But what part of this isn't true?

QuoteQuote:
The following is Frances war record.
- Gallic Wars
- Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, an Italian. [Or at this time in history, a Roman -ed.]

- Hundred Years War
- Mostly lost, saved at last by female schizophrenic who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare; "France's armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchman." Sainted.

- Italian Wars
- Lost. France becomes the first and only country to ever lose two wars when fighting Italians.

- Wars of Religion
- France goes 0-5-4 against the Huguenots

- Thirty Years War
- France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.

- War of Revolution
- Tied. Frenchmen take to wearing red flowerpots as chapeaux.

- The Dutch War
- Tied

- War of the Augsburg League/King William's War/French and Indian War
- Lost, but claimed as a tie. Three ties in a row induces deluded Frogophiles the world over to label the period as the height of French military power.

- War of the Spanish Succession
- Lost. The War also gave the French their first taste of a Marlborough, which they have loved every since.

- American Revolution
- In a move that will become quite familiar to future Americans, France claims a win even though the English colonists saw far more action. This is later known as "de Gaulle Syndrome", and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare; "France only wins when America does most of the fighting."

- French Revolution
- Won, primarily due the fact that the opponent was also French.

- The Napoleonic Wars
- Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule!) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a British footwear designer.

- The Franco-Prussian War
- Lost. Germany first plays the role of drunk Frat boy to France's ugly girl home alone on a Saturday night.

- World War I
- Tied and on the way to losing, France is saved by the United States [Entering the war late -ed.].

- World War II
- Lost. Conquered French liberated by the United States and Britain .

- War in Indochina
- Lost. French forces plead sickness; take to bed with the Dien Bien Flu

- Algerian Rebellion
- Lost. Loss marks the first defeat of a western army by a Non-Turkic Muslim force since the Crusades, and produces the First Rule of Muslim Warfare; "We can always beat the French." This rule is identical to the First Rules of the Italians, Russians, Germans, English, Dutch, Spanish, Vietnamese and Esquimaux.

- War on Terrorism
- France, keeping in mind its recent history, surrenders to Germans and Muslims just to be safe. Attempts to surrender to Vietnamese ambassador fail after he takes refuge in a McDonald's.

Last edited by graphicgr8s; 10-01-2009 at 02:16 PM.
10-01-2009, 03:20 PM   #94
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Look over there! French!

10-01-2009, 06:22 PM   #95
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Look over there! French!
What in the universe are you talking about?