Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2009, 09:07 PM   #1
Veteran Member

New Cards

Welp, I finally decided to take the deep plunge and had some business cards printed up. Got 500 cards, 4 color, 2 sided for $55. They look fantastic...now I need a website and I need to get these cards in people's hands.

I'm just not sure what to write on my website without sounding like a complete amature.

09-25-2009, 09:37 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Just don't refer to yourself in the third person; then you'll sound like an arrogant amateur.

Are you building a website from scratch, or using a modifiable service like Smugmug?
09-25-2009, 09:43 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm actually looking at something called Wix.com. Looks really easy to use and it's free. Just just don't know what the heck to say about myself without sounding like a complete amature.
09-26-2009, 12:46 PM   #4
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Hey Elwood Quote
Welp, I finally decided to take the deep plunge and had some business cards printed up. Got 500 cards, 4 color, 2 sided for $55. They look fantastic...now I need a website and I need to get these cards in people's hands.

I'm just not sure what to write on my website without sounding like a complete amature.
Got cards and didn't get them from me?

09-26-2009, 07:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm actually looking at something called Wix.com. Looks really easy to use and it's free. Just just don't know what the heck to say about myself without sounding like a complete amature.
I looked at Wix and it looks Flash-based, which IMO is a no-no. Many businesses lock-down their computers so Flash won't play.

What kind of photography? Have you looked at other Pro's sites?
09-26-2009, 08:14 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's going to be impossible to mention this without sounding like a total pedantic prick, but if the word "amateur" comes up during the construction of the site, don't spell it "amature".
09-26-2009, 10:51 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Anyone whom uses a free web hosting service looks like an amateur to me
I once got 2 sided cards printed up, however since then I've completely redesigned them and have them printed on photo paper. My new design appears to bring me far more business.

09-27-2009, 01:53 AM   #8
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
It's going to be impossible to mention this without sounding like a total pedantic prick, but if the word "amateur" comes up during the construction of the site, don't spell it "amature".
Unless he means "armature".

Wait, without the first "r" it's still a typo.