Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2009, 07:01 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Congrats the Cats

Well it was a pretty tight game but the Cats came through in the end yesterday to win the AFL 2009 Grand Final. I was at a Cambodian house party with ridiculous amounts of meat, beer and mad Cats supporters.

I don't care for footy much now days but I did follow the Saints when I was a bit younger. At the start of the game I did feel that old passion come back a just little and wished the Saints to march through and win their first premiership since 1966. 1966! But, the howls of anguish & grief stricken faces of my friends were making me a little nervous and I could no longer taunt them and throw in the occasional stirring cheer for St. Kilda.

The profanity was incredible and emotions ran high as the Cats won and 3 people in the house decided to jump into a freezing, half full, rancid swimming pool, screaming with joy.

All in all a good day and i'm sure there are hangovers aplenty being nursed today.

09-26-2009, 11:04 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah. Well done the Cats. I knew it was going to be a rotten season from round 1.

Richard.
09-27-2009, 12:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Due to the crap weather yesterday I actually watched part of the game. The only time I find footy entertaining is when it's nice and soggy, folk head butting goal posts on slides, the ball slipping through hands like a greasy pig, all the lovely skids and tumbles. I reckon when the drought breaks they should change the rules to make it mandatory that the footy fields should be under sprinkler systems and all games are played in the wet.
09-27-2009, 04:59 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I watched the first 10 minutes or so - then rugby started!
Close game!