Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2009, 05:09 AM   #16
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Interesting that everyone (except RML) seems to be operating under the premise that rape is brought on by sexual desire.

(geeze i must really be stalling on the work i need to do to jump into one of THESE threads lol)

09-29-2009, 06:56 AM   #17
graphicgr8s

No rapists don't do it because of dress. It is in some cases a power thing. In some it's the only way they can get off..
09-29-2009, 07:48 AM   #18
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
................everyone looks at me like I'm insane because I think that you shouldn't put yourself in the situation.

Am I wrong?
You mean like when you start threads like this and then cry because people give you crap for it?
09-29-2009, 07:52 AM   #19
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Interesting that everyone (except RML) seems to be operating under the premise that rape is brought on by sexual desire.
I think that it is mainly brought by sexual frustration (the desire is implicit as it would be the source of frustration) and a power-submission component is usually involved. I also think that it is not necessarily dependent on the women attitude, it has more to do with the rapist demons. As with everything, there is a wide spectrum of people who can end up raping. From the movie stereotype of sexually repressed dork, to the person with narcisist personality (aka dickhead) who doesnt understand that no means "no".

At any case, to say that a women is looking to be raped for the clothes she wear is like saying that a guy is looking for a beat up for being obese, or wearing a pair of glasses.... It is plain wrong.

Even the assumption of a women looking for sex for wearing skimpy clothes it is wrong. She might like the way she looks, she might just be looking to be admired and/or get attention. Hell, she might really want to have sex but certainly she will want to have it with the person of her choice, not with a random Cody who thinks that a mini-skirt is a free-ticket.

09-29-2009, 09:23 AM   #20
Veteran Member

In related news: Hipinion.com :: View topic - Artist builds 'rape tunnel'
09-29-2009, 10:17 AM   #21
Veteran Member

are you kidding me, you ask this stupid question so that you can decide whether you're "asking" to have you camera stolen when you are in public? the two are not even in the same universe.
09-29-2009, 12:44 PM   #22
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
.... and if she's wearing these skimpy clothing while standing on a corner, I would assume she's one of those "working girls"...

09-29-2009, 01:00 PM   #23
graphicgr8s

Another Cody thread begging to be closed.
09-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I don't think everyone is getting what I mean.
09-29-2009, 01:05 PM   #25
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
I don't think everyone is getting what I mean.
Does anybody care what you mean?
09-29-2009, 01:11 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
No rapists don't do it because of dress. It is in some cases a power thing. In some it's the only way they can get off..
Though it's a real factor that they'll often *excuse* their behavior and attitudes based on how one dresses. It's a cliche, but it still happens: they displace the blame onto the victim for 'causing' the attack.

The root problem is too many people don't have enough respect for sexuality to really govern those instincts. In fact, people are pretty bewildered by them cause those most interested in taking charge of socializing people to any kind of proprieties aren't even honest with themselves about where these instincts *come from.*

A lot of men out there can't really seem to tell the *difference* between desire and aggression/dominance/control because they're basically *conditioned* around the ideas there *is* no difference, that it's all some insidious external force called 'Lust' that is both tempting and to be repressed... And usually blamed on women.

No wonder they end up *treating* others that way.

We've actually got some pretty interesting and complex social instincts, (part of what makes all this so much fun and potentially beautiful: we're complex social animals. ) but if you put them in a pressure cooker and don't look at them till something boils over, it's usually too late for people to be very good at governing themselves, and the results can get pretty ugly.
09-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #27
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This thread is not adding any value to this forum and should be closed please...
Closed Thread