Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2006, 05:42 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Get togethers and photo shoots, Happenings

Hay Mo:
Could You Add a place to post Get togethers, member photoshoots, and other happenings? It would be nice to be able to publicly invite other members who are close enough to join in and set dates for meets. I know some of us got together in DC and had as great time.

And for those of you that are close and for those that maybe in the area and wish to join in there is a Photo shoot on Oct. 21 (Sat) in Gettysburg PA. It will include the town and the battlefield for a Fall color shoot. If you can make it Please let me know and I'll give you more info as we get things arranged. for right now we have a date set and a possable meeting site. but nothing in stone on the site yet.
Would be nice to see you all and meet face to face for some great shooting and camera talk. David H.

09-29-2006, 02:13 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Get together

Here is an Invitation to all that are close and can make it.

Reason: Fall Colors Photo shoot

Date: Saturday and possible Sunday October 21st and 22nd 2006

Place: Gettysburg PA.

Time: This will very depending on how early you can make it.
I will be in Gettysburg before the sun comes up around 5:30am to shoot a sunrise over the battlefield. and will be returning around 8:00am to the parking area. For those who want to start early. For those comming later than 8:00AM the early birds will meet again at 10:00am in the Parking area.

Meeting Place: We will meet in the Jenny Wade House Parking area on RT. 15 south 4blocks from the town square. we will be touring the Battlefield which is beautiful this time of year, and also the town it's self. This Is a great oppertunity for members and their families to get together and enjoy the day (or weekend) taking pictures of the beauty this Park has to offer. There are so many interesting places to see and I know the commeridary is always great on these shoots.

Directions: From the east or Northeast Take Rt 30 West into the town square go 3/4 way around the traffic circle and turn on to Rt. 15 south about 4 blocks south of the square on the left hand side you will see the Jenny Wade House and large Parking lot (free Parking).
from the west you take Rt. 30 East and at the town square go 1/4 way around to Rt. 15 South go 4 blocks to the Jenny wade House and Parking lot on your left.
From the North (Harrisburg area) the connections You will want will either be 81 south or north (depending where you are comming from) to Rt. 581 East or west. to Rt 15 south follow Rt 15 south to the Rt. 30 Gettysburg exit and follow the directions Comming from the east.
For those of you comming from the south or the Virginia area It is always a good Idea to make your way over to RT. 15 North and stay on Rt. 15 north untill you cross the Mason Dixon line (MD. and PA border) Once you cross the line and are in PA. It is either the third or fourth exit you will want which swings you on to (Business) Rt. 15 North. follow RT. 15 north (business) into Gettysburg the Jenny wade house and Parking area will be on your right as you come down the hill in towards town. If you get to the town square You have gone 4 blocks to much Go around the traffic circle and follow Rt. 15 south 4 blocks back and the Jenny Wade House and parking area will be on your right.

IF YOU HAVE ANY TROUBLE FINDING US OR ARRIVE LATER THAN 8:00AM PLEASE CALL ME ON MY CELL PHONE. (717) 283-5619 AND WE WILL SWING BACK TO THE PARKING AREA TO PICK YOU UP.

This will be a fun day for all and a chance to meet other members and get a chance to renew friendships and make new friends with the same hobby.

Good shooting.
Cheers: David
09-30-2006, 11:09 AM   #3

Hey That souds like fun! I might be able to make Saturday. I live about 15 minutes from Gettysburg. I'll check with my wife (a.k.a. activities director) and see if the calendar is clear. It would be great to meet some of you guys in person.

-Matt
09-30-2006, 11:39 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Get togethers and photo shoots, happenings

Hi Matt,
It would be great to have you. You have all the information, so now it's up to the Activities Director. Like I said I will be there very early and our first time to meet is 8:00am. If you can meet earlier you have my cell #.

Good Shooting.

10-02-2006, 05:05 PM   #5
Veteran Member

19 days and counting...

Hi David!!

Thanks for the directions. Definitely can't get lost with that amount of detail to follow!

Got your cell-phone number, too. Hope you haven't been getting weird calls from lurkers and such!
10-03-2006, 01:21 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photo_mom Quote
Hi David!!

Thanks for the directions. Definitely can't get lost with that amount of detail to follow!

Got your cell-phone number, too. Hope you haven't been getting weird calls from lurkers and such!
Thanks Tracy,
I think the direcrions are realy streight forward and you won't easly get lost.
There are times when those type of cals would be more welcome compaired to the ones I get from the regular people that call. (work) Anyway the end of Oct. I get a new phone and number, so it won't last long.

It will be good to see you there. Tonight I'll have to post the same thread in DPreview for the other members. (this should last a whole 10 min. there. but I don't think I'll Post the phone number, just say if you want it send me an e-mail.

Good Shooting.

Last edited by Photo Tramp; 10-03-2006 at 01:22 AM. Reason: spelling
10-06-2006, 04:05 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
15 Days and counting. This will be a great get together, and remember it is also a send off for Mark (swengineer) He will be headed home to NM. and the family.

Good Shooting.
cheers: David

10-17-2006, 04:56 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Four 4 Days until Gettysburg. see you all there.
Good Shooting.
01-10-2007, 08:11 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Anyone interested...??

Very early days yet.....BUT.....thinking of coming over to the US in either July or October (more likely July).

THINKING of driving from San Francisco up to Oregon and then back down, taking in:Redwood Forests
Napa Valley
Crater lake
Columbia Gorge
Lava Fields
Yosemite

...list is not in any particular order, just places I have had fleeting visits to and would like to return to and spend a few days in.

Any interest in catching up along the way?
As I said, very early days and a few things have to happen to make it come together.
Cheers
Grant
01-10-2007, 08:15 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GWP Quote
Very early days yet.....BUT.....thinking of coming over to the US in either July or October (more likely July).

THINKING of driving from San Francisco up to Oregon and then back down, taking in:Redwood Forests
Napa Valley
Crater lake
Columbia Gorge
Lava Fields
Yosemite

...list is not in any particular order, just places I have had fleeting visits to and would like to return to and spend a few days in.

Any interest in catching up along the way?
As I said, very early days and a few things have to happen to make it come together.
Cheers
Grant

If you do make it to Oregon (in July), drop me a line. -Betsy (in Portland)
01-10-2007, 09:39 PM   #11
Veteran Member

there are a few here in NYC..y'all want to get together?
02-03-2007, 01:12 PM   #12
Inactive Account

Original Poster
OK Guy's and Gal's (Here in the Northeast US) once again it's time to think of a place to hold a spring Photo shoot and get together. Anyone out there have any ideas. Tracy? Brendan? Alan? Sean? anyone else How about a shoot where some of our new members could join in.

How about another DC shoot? anyone up for that.
02-04-2007, 01:52 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
OK Guy's and Gal's (Here in the Northeast US) once again it's time to think of a place to hold a spring Photo shoot and get together. Anyone out there have any ideas. Tracy? Brendan? Alan? Sean? anyone else How about a shoot where some of our new members could join in.

How about Baltimore or Philly?

Or West Chester and Longwood Gardens?
02-04-2007, 01:55 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote

if it's that close, and scheduling lines up, i'd be up for it. im not that far from DC
02-04-2007, 11:44 PM   #15
Veteran Member

no to baltimore... its ok, but not big "safe" area
now I do have a lil anti-b-more bias cus I live 15min outside downtown, and hate it (down town) really. I can get good photos... yes, but just nothing inspires me anymore, I know the city too much and it just screams "please wipe me clean and start over"
I am actualy thinking on maby a weekend or overnight photoshoot either on the estern shore or in the mtns.
if the shore, maybe do 1 day in Blackwater w/ wildlife, than another partial day in Easton or something and ofcourse theirs always the beach.
the mtns, either in Va. or... ok well I am not a fan of much of MD's area... deep creak is the only thing that comes to mind. But Front Royal Va. and the mtns around are really nice. plus many things to do like caverns (tourstey, but may try to get a "private tri-pods alowed" tour in exchange for photos or something) etc.