Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2009, 08:26 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
agreed. i think it obviously has the appealing, eye-popping scenery which will make for excellent "filler" pieces always covered in the olympics. the fact that brazil is quietly one very big player in the world economy, this can be a huge boost for them.

i sadly did not get to see rio, just sao paulo, but yes, this will certainly help them/drive infrastructure work. if rio is half as in need as sao paulo was, then this will be a huge gain for brazilans.

im just waiting for people to say that the native language is spanish.....

10-02-2009, 08:27 PM   #47
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by jmdeegan Quote
agreed. i think it obviously has the appealing, eye-popping scenery which will make for excellent "filler" pieces always covered in the olympics. the fact that brazil is quietly one very big player in the world economy, this can be a huge boost for them.

i sadly did not get to see rio, just sao paulo, but yes, this will certainly help them/drive infrastructure work. if rio is half as in need as sao paulo was, then this will be a huge gain for brazilans.

im just waiting for people to say that the native language is spanish.....
Every one knows it's the Swahili dialect of Portuguese.
10-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Every one knows it's the Swahili dialect of Portuguese.
sadly, not everyone does....most people i ran across (many who i expected to know better) assumed i could get by with spanish (which i dont know anyways).
10-03-2009, 07:09 AM   #49
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Why would the IOC want to come to a place where the President is always on a world apology tour?
Yep. Say what you want about Kin Jung Il, and Hugo Chavez; at least they like their countries.