Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2009, 08:59 AM   #31
graphicgr8s

And the Tampa Bay Bucs can't buy a W

10-19-2009, 09:04 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
And the Tampa Bay Bucs can't buy a W... unless they play Wheel of Fortune!
/rimshot

oh jeez...
10-19-2009, 09:35 AM   #33
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by flippedgazelle Quote
/rimshot

oh jeez...
I don't even think if it was handed to them! On a silver platter. By a valet.
10-19-2009, 09:48 AM   #34
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Personally, I am so sick of the NFL. A defensive lineman gets his butt flattened on 3 plays, then makes a good play and he's got to stomp 10 yards downfield like he's the Incredible Hulk or something. A wide receiver catches a ball and crosses his arms in the endzone posing like he's something special ignoring the fact that the QB threw the ball close enough for him to catch and several people blocked for the QB so he would have time to throw. Most of them are nothing more than overpaid prima donnas. And please don't get me started on Ray Lewis. He literally got away with either murder or at least an accomplice to murder here in Atlanta several years ago. He probably spends more than that $25,000 on Friday nights. Chump change fines are not going to stop a punk like him from playing dirty. When someone makes a cheap hit like he did or the one Dante Wesley made yesterday, they should get a 1 year unpaid vacation!

Last edited by straightshooter; 10-19-2009 at 10:11 AM.
10-19-2009, 12:01 PM   #35
graphicgr8s

You know if I don't do my job I don't get paid. So every game 1/2 the players shouldn't get paid.
10-19-2009, 01:06 PM   #36
Veteran Member

losing team are all castrated!!!

Wait, that's a little too far.

Jason
10-19-2009, 04:33 PM   #37
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
losing team are all castrated!!!

Wait, that's a little too far.

Jason
Are you certain?

10-22-2009, 11:06 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Week 7 recaps:

Texans - Bengals
I really thought that the Bengals would pull this one out. However in the end when the opposing QB puts up nearly 400 yards it makes it pretty difficult to pull a win out. I typically pull for an underdog team every year. Last year was Atlanta however this year I'm rooting for the Bengals. Also this just in: Steve Slaton is a BEAST. This just in also: Don't trust anyone named Chris Brown.

Packers - Lions
Lions who did not play: Stafford and Megatron. For those who do not know the totallity of the Lion's Offense is Stafford, Megatron and Kevin Smith. With the first two out the Pack focused on stopping Smith and you see a big donut in the box score

Vikings - Ravens
Game of the week for me. My biggest gripe with Chilly is that once he gets a lead the Vikes play waaay to conservatively which led to a 17 point rally in the 4th from the Ravens. As stout as a defensive unit the Vikings have the loss of Winfield hurt as the Ravens picked on his replacement throughout the 4th quarter. Unless the front four can get decent pressure on the QB the modified cover 2 employed by the Vikes will get torched.

Saints - Giants
Like the Vikings it seems that the Giant's secondary is a little suspect. This is the first time they have come up against a big offensive unit with speed, strength and vertical skills from nearly all the skill positions. The Saints are scary good this year on both sides of the ball and will be a force to be reckoned with all season long.

Steelers - Browns
Big Ben had over 400 yds passing and the Browns are terrible. Not sure there is much else to say about it. Other than that Mendenhall has passed Parker as the leading tailback having a 2-to-1 carry ratio.

Panthers - Bucs
With Delhomme playing horrible and The Artist Formerly Known as Steve Smith being double covered all day due to the lack of another credible WR threat how would the Panters score against one of the worst defenses in the NFL? Oh yeah the tandem of Smash and Dash rushing for over 200 yards and 3TDs. Much like the Browns the Bucs have some talent but are nonetheless horrible.

Chiefs - Redskins
Really Dan Snyder? You think changing the play calling is going to help your team? I know that Zorn is going to take the fall for you and your horrible GM but how about fixing your terrible O-Line so they can protect Campbell and actually run block? Until that you are still going to have one of the lowest scoring squads in the league. This was an all-around horrible game. Seriously at one point I think the score was 5 to 3. Apparently someone on the Chiefs hit a two run homer or something.

Jags - Rams
What is the lesson we learned from last week? Give the rock to MJD. When you don't get him the rock you get shutout. You give it to him 33 times and he'll net you about 180 yds and 3 TDs. What else have you learned? The Jags secondary is terrible. Not Tennesee terrible but pretty close.

Cards - Seahawks
Not sure what happened to Hasselback this time around. He held the ball much to long and wasn't getting good reads on his WRs. To be fair Arizona's pass rush is a lot better than the Jags and Darnell Docket is a beast. Warner and Co were lighting it up through the air as normal.

Eagles - Raiders
Upset of the week. Cannot believe that the Iggles played this horribly. Until the Raiders start stringing together good wins I will consider this an abberation. Unsurprisingly the Raider win comes with JaMarcus Russell throwing up over 200 yards (albeit with 2 INTs) and Justing Fargas having a great day pounding the ball on the ground.

Pats - Titans
Ummm... wow. Tennesee needs to get thier secondary healthy. With snow falling and unsure footing the Pats put 59 points up. Crazy. Good for me since most of my fantasy football teams are anchored by Brady and Moss/Welker. Bad for the Titans who go 0-6 into their bye.

Bills - Jets
The Sanchize is a rookie. He has played like one for the last few games. 5 INTs from Sanchez was just too much to overcome for the Jets. Despite Thomas Jones and Leon Washington putting up almost 350 yards from scrimmage. Also in this game Trent Edwards gets a concussion and is taken out of the game. Not that it matters much to the Bills as his play this season has been terrible.

Falcons - Bears
Good game all around. It is apparent that Cutler misses having the sure hands of the Denver Receiving Corps. The Falcons have come out of their bye week firing on all cylinders and show no signs of slowing down.

Broncos - Chargers
3 Return TDs? High scoring game? Yup. This game was won on the special teams play of the Broncos. Eddie Royal ran 2 back for TDs. It seems that all the AFC games with the throwback uniforms are all high scoring exciting games.

Fantasy Football bragging:
I started: Brady, Colston, Welker, MJD, Shiancoe, Roddy White and Cedric Benson. All in all my squad destroyed my opponent this past week.
10-22-2009, 09:09 PM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MrApollinax Quote
Week 7 recaps:

Dude! Awesome! You can keep us informed just like my local sports radio and TV station.
10-23-2009, 05:21 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Haha No worries. I'm actually a HUGE football fan so this isn't too much of a chore for me. Also these should have been Week 6 recaps. If anyone is interested I'd also field Fantasy Football questions.
10-23-2009, 11:38 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, yay football guys. It appears that some teams I'm inclined to favor for often-capricious reasons (Mostly if I like the city or region they're ostensibly from) did well. As a former kind-of unlikely sports photographer, I think football itself may be my favorite to shoot, so I like it.

And, straight-shooter, I think if you don't like the pros, there's always minor league type stuff. (I don't know about big college football, that seems like just another pro league to me a lot of the time)

When I was around where there was Northern League baseball, I was more like, 'Yeah, this is what this is supposed to be.' (I think they even had an advertising slogan to that effect.) Fun just to be there, and my idea of fun usually doesn't involve sitting in rows where the sun might be beating down. (It was a nice evening game I attended.) You could drink awful beer, watch kids sorta do this thing spinning around baseball bats with their foreheads and then trying to run a straight line, maybe be next to someone who actually went to school with one of the players or something. Possibly get sillier hats than pro leagues offer, all good.

People should have fun with this sports thing. That's what I say. It's fun for me when people are having fun around me, and when it turns into 'not fun,' it gets either boring or kind of scary. May as well just enjoy it.
10-23-2009, 01:05 PM   #42
Veteran Member

Here is what a lot of Vikings fans are hoping to see a lot of this Sunday against the Steelers:

10-23-2009, 01:38 PM   #43
graphicgr8s

What the heck is going on here? This is suppose to be a political forum.
10-23-2009, 01:45 PM   #44
Veteran Member

Well, since the NFL has been given an exemption from monopoly status you can say it is a government backed media conspiracy designed to distract the american populace from what really matters..... Bears..... and possibly UFOs.
10-24-2009, 07:57 AM   #45
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MrApollinax Quote
Well, since the NFL has been given an exemption from monopoly status you can say it is a government backed media conspiracy designed to distract the american populace from what really matters..... Bears..... and possibly UFOs.
What happened to the USFL?