Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
Veteran Member
K-9's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,972
NFL - Football

Man, does Tony Romo suck. He over or under threw about 5 passes on the last few drives of the 4th quarter alone. He also managed to get Roy Williams leveled because of a badly overthrown ball he had to leap to try and catch. Gotta be one of the most overrated QB's of the decade. Cowboys will never win squat with him at the helm. The overachieving Broncos will get their comeuppance next week against the Patriots anyway.

Does anyone ever feel the Chargers just can't win big games? They decimate everyone else, but against good teams or in the playoffs, they never show up. Big mistake getting rid of Drew Brees. Rivers is ok, but Brees is better. Can't even watch the game tonight, as it's pitiful. It's ok, because Pittsburgh will still be in 3rd place, even with a win, as both Bengals and Ravens are 3-1.

Speaking of Brees, glad to see they finally brought Sanchez and the Jets back down to Earth. Sanchez looked real bad out there in New Orleans.

Didn't see many other games, other than the Giants, who wore some real bad looking jerseys today, with tiny, thin letters on the back that looked like they kept twisting and not lining up. They win the Super Bowl two years ago and they can't even afford good stitching on their lettering now.

Glad to see the Browns go with Anderson, as Brady Quinn has been horrible. Although, as always, they find a way to blow it and lose in overtime.

And it's official (well, we've known since week 1) ... the Chiefs are horrible yet again.

10-04-2009, 08:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,915
haha nice set of random thoughts ... i would read this if you did this every week :P
10-04-2009, 08:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member
res3567's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Houston Tx.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,876
Yea K-9 Share your football thoughts every week.
10-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #4
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,270
It's kinda hard to say the Chargers can't win big games. They have a habit of falling into a hole early in the season, and thus every game is a big game later in the year. So, in that regard, SD has won quite a few "big games" over the last couple of years. And don't forget the "Darren Sproles game", where he led the Chargers to a playoff victory over Peyton & the Colts.

I don't think anyone outside of Dallas rates Romo very highly.

Did you see Tom Brady lobby the ref for a roughing-the-passer call, and actually get it? Good Lord... not to mention a couple of poor spots go against the Ravens. I guess we know who the NFL is rooting for!

10-04-2009, 09:04 PM   #5
Veteran Member
DanLoc78's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 915
K-9...what is that first emoticon doing?!??!?
10-04-2009, 09:13 PM   #6
Veteran Member
res3567's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Houston Tx.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,876
QuoteOriginally posted by DanLoc78 Quote
K-9...what is that first emoticon doing?!??!?
Screwing up big time!
10-05-2009, 03:23 AM   #7
Veteran Member
geauxpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Atlanta
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,196
And how 'bout those Saints??? If they keep this up, hell will need ice skates.
10-05-2009, 08:08 AM   #8
Veteran Member
DanLoc78's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 915
How bout the Saints?? How bout the Jets?!? I am not a Jets fan, but I admit that giving up only 10 points to the Saints offense (having seen what they can do first hand when they picked apart the Eagle defense) is more than impressive. If the Jets can stay consistent on offense this year...look out!

10-05-2009, 08:29 AM   #9
Pentaxian
reeftool's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Upstate New York
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 8,870
I agree with you about Romo although I think there are bigger overall problems with Dallas than just their quarterback.

Sanchez got his first taste of what he is going to face in the coming years of the NFL. Still, you have to admit he's got talent and has done pretty good for a rookie. It's going to take a couple of years and his biggest battle will be with the unforgiving NY fans and sportswriters after days like yesterday. The Jets are in a very similar situation as the Giants were a few years ago with Eli. It may not be this year but the Jets have the potential to be a real powerhouse in the near future.
10-05-2009, 08:30 AM   #10
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Minnesota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,529
QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
Man, does Tony Romo suck. He over or under threw about 5 passes on the last few drives of the 4th quarter alone. He also managed to get Roy Williams leveled because of a badly overthrown ball he had to leap to try and catch. Gotta be one of the most overrated QB's of the decade. Cowboys will never win squat with him at the helm. The overachieving Broncos will get their comeuppance next week against the Patriots anyway.
Romo, agreed. The guy is looking lack luster and his mechanics seem to be getting worse as the season goes on. He doesn't have the bend in his legs at times and his decision making is just wonky. As far as the Broncos goes, it's Hoodie vs Hoodie Jr. Nolan has really turned around that Defense but the Pats look to be more of the 2005 Pats and not the 2007 Pats (which blows for my Fantasy teams where I've anchored Brady and/or Moss and Welker as the point drivers) I'm hoping once the rust gets knocked off we will see more 2007-esque play from the Pats.

QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
Does anyone ever feel the Chargers just can't win big games? They decimate everyone else, but against good teams or in the playoffs, they never show up. Big mistake getting rid of Drew Brees. Rivers is ok, but Brees is better. Can't even watch the game tonight, as it's pitiful. It's ok, because Pittsburgh will still be in 3rd place, even with a win, as both Bengals and Ravens are 3-1. [
SD needs to run the hurry-up more against strong Defensive fronts. Their O-Line can out-pace most others when healthy but against a flying Steeler's front seven you can't give them time to change out personnel to get fresh legs in. They should have kept Schotty as I truly believe he is the better coach between him and Turner. SD seems to be the Dallas of the AFC.

QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
Speaking of Brees, glad to see they finally brought Sanchez and the Jets back down to Earth. Sanchez looked real bad out there in New Orleans.
To be fair Brees was held without a TD for the second week in a row. Say what you want about the Jets but Revis is the real-deal. Only times Colston got any production was when Revis went man on Henderson in the 4 WR sets. That being said the Saints D looked ELITE and made "The Sanchize" look like the rookie he really is. The Jet's schedule looks pretty soft from here on out so I expect them to press the division. Make no mistakes about it though, they will win by good defense, not good offense.

QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
Didn't see many other games, other than the Giants, who wore some real bad looking jerseys today, with tiny, thin letters on the back that looked like they kept twisting and not lining up. They win the Super Bowl two years ago and they can't even afford good stitching on their lettering now.
Didn't see anything from that game other than the box score. What I learned from the box score? Steve Smith is no longer "The Other" Steve Smith. In fact with the way Jake Delhomme is playing right now the NYG Steve Smith is probably "The Real" Steve Smith.

QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
Glad to see the Browns go with Anderson, as Brady Quinn has been horrible. Although, as always, they find a way to blow it and lose in overtime.
6 of one, half a dozen of the other. So instead of no offense you get a little more offense with more turnovers? The Browns are horrible and their season isn't getting any easier.

QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
And it's official (well, we've known since week 1) ... the Chiefs are horrible yet again.
At least they are in good company the Titans are at the bottom of the barrel as well. But it could be worse. They could be the Raiders
10-05-2009, 09:04 AM   #11
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Crescenta, CA
Posts: 7,451
Kinda hilarious how the Steelers start out kicking ass and then completely fall apart in the second half, every damn game this season. I hope they can recover and make the playoffs, but they're not making it easy on themselves.

At least Mendenhall is coming alive.
10-05-2009, 10:12 AM   #12
K-9
Veteran Member
K-9's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,972
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
haha nice set of random thoughts ... i would read this if you did this every week :P
QuoteOriginally posted by res3567 Quote
Yea K-9 Share your football thoughts every week.
Thanks guys, maybe I will.

QuoteOriginally posted by flippedgazelle Quote
It's kinda hard to say the Chargers can't win big games. They have a habit of falling into a hole early in the season, and thus every game is a big game later in the year. So, in that regard, SD has won quite a few "big games" over the last couple of years. And don't forget the "Darren Sproles game", where he led the Chargers to a playoff victory over Peyton & the Colts.

I don't think anyone outside of Dallas rates Romo very highly.

Did you see Tom Brady lobby the ref for a roughing-the-passer call, and actually get it? Good Lord... not to mention a couple of poor spots go against the Ravens. I guess we know who the NFL is rooting for!
Yes, they did knock off Manning that year, but overall, they haven't accomplished what their records each year should dictate.

How could any of the refs not call anything and everything against the Ravens with how bad Harbaugh was berating them all game. He should have been tossed.

QuoteOriginally posted by DanLoc78 Quote
K-9...what is that first emoticon doing?!??!?
It's supposed to be the Broncos taking a beating next week against the Pats emoticon, but I guess it kind of looks like something Orton was doing in the locker room after his lucky win against an awful Romo and Co. It certainly wasn't his doing, or the overrated Broncos defense that the commentators kept praising every other minute; or their horrible head coach, Josh McDaniels, who nearly single handedly aided in the Pats being ousted from the AFC title game in 2006, and the Super Bowl in 2007.

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Kinda hilarious how the Steelers start out kicking ass and then completely fall apart in the second half, every damn game this season. I hope they can recover and make the playoffs, but they're not making it easy on themselves.

At least Mendenhall is coming alive.
Yes, but as history repeats itself, the Chargers just can't beat the Steelers, and one of the NFL's other most overrated QB's of the decade, Big Ben.
10-05-2009, 10:26 AM   #13
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Minnesota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,529
On the "Shot to the QBs knees" call in the Pats/Ravens game. That flag was going to get thrown even if Brady doesn't signal it to the back judge. The Back Judge is looking for things like that specifically and it would have been thrown in every other game with or without Brady in the pocket.

On Harbaugh berrating the refs, if that was Buddy Ryan he would have been tossed. I'm surprised he didn't have another flag thrown as you could clearly see him jawing at the line judge even after the penalty.
10-05-2009, 10:56 AM   #14
Veteran Member




Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: La Crescenta, CA
Posts: 7,451
QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
Yes, but as history repeats itself, the Chargers just can't beat the Steelers, and one of the NFL's other most overrated QB's of the decade, Big Ben.
Ben might not be the best QB in terms of stats/ratings, but he tends to more than earn his worth when it comes to the big plays/drives. I agree he's overrated, but not by much.
10-05-2009, 06:57 PM   #15
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,270
QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
Yes, they did knock off Manning that year, but overall, they haven't accomplished what their records each year should dictate.

How could any of the refs not call anything and everything against the Ravens with how bad Harbaugh was berating them all game. He should have been tossed.

Last year SD was 8-8, yet beat Indy (13-3), lost to eventual champs Steelers. Pretty good.

The year before, SD was 11-5, beat Tenn & Indy, lost to the Pats. Pretty good.

2006 was the "disappointing" year, when SD won 14 games and lost to NE in the 1st round.

As far as Harbaugh, officiating should not be influenced by how the refs feel about the coach. Coaches always scream at the officials. Ravens got screwed.

Wow, AP just got the ball ripped form his hands. TD GB.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
games, sanchez, week, win
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NFL res3567 General Talk 0 10-22-2010 09:27 PM
NFL res3567 General Talk 31 01-17-2010 07:39 PM
NFL Scores Predictions thread LeDave General Talk 9 11-18-2009 05:00 AM
NFL Playoff Pictures camperguy01 Post Your Photos! 7 01-14-2008 07:47 PM
NFL fans have a look and some Florida pics Peter Zack Post Your Photos! 11 12-18-2007 02:41 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:52 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top