10-06-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Twins win a.l central!!

o baby

10-06-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Heck of a game all 12 innings - can't believe top of 12 bases loaded no damage wow it was an exciting one.
10-06-2009, 07:56 PM   #3
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Who the heck was that runner on 3rd who got thrown out in the 10th or 11th that would have won it then for the Twins? What a bad runner, as that ball was deep enough to score. He didn't even go straight into home, he went toward the top of it. I think he timed the run wrong, or the 3rd base coach blew it.
10-06-2009, 09:10 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
Who the heck was that runner on 3rd who got thrown out in the 10th or 11th that would have won it then for the Twins? What a bad runner, as that ball was deep enough to score. He didn't even go straight into home, he went toward the top of it. I think he timed the run wrong, or the 3rd base coach blew it.
That was Casilla - and he made up for it, he got the winning hit in the 12th!

10-07-2009, 03:04 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Good job for the Twins. Heard on the radio this morning that Detroit is the only team in history to blow a 3 game lead with 4 games to play. I'm a life-long Yankee fan, and they definitely better not take the Twins for granted.
10-07-2009, 08:27 AM   #6
K-9
Veteran Member

Twins don't have the pitching to counter New York's offensive firepower. The Twins only chance of winning a game in the series, IMO, is the 2nd game, where Burnett is pitching. He's been the shakiest Yankee starter of late. If they can't manufacture more runs than the Yanks in that game, it will be a Yankee sweep. Yankess bullpen is the best in the playoffs (Chamberlain, Hughes, Rivera), so if they don't get to Burnett early, forget about it.

As far as the other AL series, it's finally time the Angles got the Red Sox monkey off their back. The Red Sox just don't have the formidable pitching staff they had for their other World Series runs.

I haven't really looked at the NL matchups yet.
10-07-2009, 09:19 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That was quite a game last night. I was working and caught pieces of it on the radio from time to time. Now they have to face the Yankees. They have awesome batting power, great fielders, and for the first time in recent years, good reliable pitching. They should never loose a game.
Ever.
But they do. They have had some slumps where they couldn't buy a hit off a little leauger for whatever reason. However this year I think they are going to go all the way. They seem to be playing well together as a team, especially in the last half of the season and are enjoying the game rather than acting like a bunch of spoiled brats making excuses. I am a baseball fan but not blindly loyal to any one team. I'm looking forward to some great, hard fought ball games coming up.

10-07-2009, 10:16 AM   #8
K-9
Veteran Member

Yes, the Yankees are definitely the team to beat this year. One thing I just saw but didn't realize until now: the Twins are 0-7 against the Yankees this year! I know regular season means nothing, but it just shows you how overpowering I think the Yankees are going to be. The Twins will win one game in that series at best.

I personally think this is the weakest Red Sox team in years, yet you wouldn't know it by visiting Boston sports sites. They always think the Sox are the best. I don't see them getting past the Angels, even though a Red Sox vs. Yankees championship is always entertaining.
10-07-2009, 10:59 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Ah, now, unlike with the Green Bay/Vikings thing, I have no divided secondhand loyalties about the Twins. *Especially* vs the Yankees.

Bostonians would have no choice, anyway.
10-07-2009, 11:28 AM   #10
Site Supporter

My hapless Tigers lost it like they did all season.
When the pitchers pitched, the hitters didn't hit.
When the hitters hit, the pitchers didn't pitch.
It was a hell of a game though....... Loved every minute of it...

Go Twins!
Good luck with the Yankees, anyway.
10-08-2009, 08:02 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by K-9 Quote
Yes, the Yankees are definitely the team to beat this year. One thing I just saw but didn't realize until now: the Twins are 0-7 against the Yankees this year! I know regular season means nothing, but it just shows you how overpowering I think the Yankees are going to be. The Twins will win one game in that series at best.

I personally think this is the weakest Red Sox team in years, yet you wouldn't know it by visiting Boston sports sites. They always think the Sox are the best. I don't see them getting past the Angels, even though a Red Sox vs. Yankees championship is always entertaining.
The Red Sox are going to be an interesting team to watch. They have the talent and they are the one team that can match up to the Yankees if everybody is healthy and playing well. They seem to have slumped in the late season which is the wrong time of year to be slumping. Their pitchers, probably the best pitching staff in the league, seem to be tired. Ortiz is over the hill, Lowell has been playing injured and has been off, and their pitchers have been getting pounded lately. I think this might be the Angels year but the Red Sox are always a scrappy team, right down to the last out so I would never count them out.
10-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
&^%&^$&*(*&(*&^%$#@## yankees

I just wanna like, punch Jeter. I just hate the look on his face.

yankees &^%&^% &*((#$%#$.
10-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #13
Site Supporter

I know the feeling.
Why isn't he on ( insert your teams name here )!

Ahhh....but that's baseball.........sigh.
10-10-2009, 06:35 AM   #14
Pentaxian

That was a great game last night. I thought the Twins were going to pull off a win. Brenden Harris is a local guy from this area so even some of the die hard Yankee fans were smiling for a while.
10-10-2009, 07:56 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Twins choked in the clutch moments...

F*kin' umpire down the left field line. Not only did he miss the ball landing in fair territory, but the ball hit the LF's glove while he was in fair territory, which would make it a fair ball even if the ball touched-down beyond the foul line.