Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2009, 01:33 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cbaytan Quote
What? what politics? it was just a joke, well if you push, it was a joke based on politics, so what? everything related to politics. What I am talking about? Give me a brake.
So what was the joke?....explain it so everyone can understand.

10-13-2009, 01:47 PM   #17
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
I thought you didnt want to discuss politics?
10-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I did pretty much explain enough and almost all understood. Believe me it wasn't about politics. If you look at the pictures of "rainbow" colors of cameras and also my first answer to you, I guess you can figure that out too.
10-13-2009, 03:21 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I did pretty much explain enough and almost all understood. Believe me it wasn't about politics. If you look at the pictures of "rainbow" colors of cameras and also my first answer to you, I guess you can figure that out too.
Why are you evasive as to specifically explain what was/is funny about your joke? A "man" should be able to stand behind what he writes or says. I merely asked you to put into words what you find funny so others can understand.

10-13-2009, 03:37 PM   #20
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Why are you evasive as to specifically explain what was/is funny about your joke? A "man" should be able to stand behind what he writes or says. I merely asked you to put into words what you find funny so others can understand.
I already did coupla times (I swear), If you still didn't understand, that means you won't, even being invasive won't work, If you didn't like it, or still hard to understand just get out of thread. I mean it. It would be
10-13-2009, 04:10 PM   #21

Political jokes aside, this is a pretty bold move against Canon on Pentax's part.

The average schoolgirl probably isn't in the market for a behemoth pro or prosumer dslr, but rather, something smaller and less expensive. The Canon EOS Kiss fits this bill, and if you've been to photohito (a photo sharing site for camera enthusiasts), the EOS Kiss X2 and Kiss Digital X occupy the 2nd and 5th spot overall for most users.

For Pentax it would be a lot easier to gain market share from a demographic with no inherent handling preferences, or preexisting commitment to a system, than it would to convert pros with thousands of dollars and hours invested in a body. That and you have to appreciate that accessorizing cell phones with rhinestones is incredibly popular with Japanese youngsters.
10-13-2009, 04:25 PM   #22
Veteran Member

I already did coupla times (I swear), If you still didn't understand, that means you won't, even being invasive won't work, If you didn't like it, or still hard to understand just get out of thread. I mean it. It would be
Still waiting on a specific explanation why the Obama reference not only applies but is so funny...if you cannot say they perhaps you are embarrassed by it for some reason?

10-13-2009, 11:05 PM   #23
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kirivon Quote
Political jokes aside, this is a pretty bold move against Canon on Pentax's part.

The average schoolgirl probably isn't in the market for a behemoth pro or prosumer dslr, but rather, something smaller and less expensive. The Canon EOS Kiss fits this bill, and if you've been to photohito (a photo sharing site for camera enthusiasts), the EOS Kiss X2 and Kiss Digital X occupy the 2nd and 5th spot overall for most users.

For Pentax it would be a lot easier to gain market share from a demographic with no inherent handling preferences, or preexisting commitment to a system, than it would to convert pros with thousands of dollars and hours invested in a body. That and you have to appreciate that accessorizing cell phones with rhinestones is incredibly popular with Japanese youngsters.
Silly colors and imitations are a big move? I personally doubt it, how much economical power who put rhinestones on their cell phones do have? Even if the idea gains a little market share for Pentax a bit, competitors would come with matching products in no time.
10-15-2009, 02:25 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Speaking of pink ...

10-15-2009, 02:29 PM   #25
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tomwil Quote
Speaking of pink ...
Gross, unless Pentax comes up with a pink lens including the diaphragm blades.
10-15-2009, 03:05 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Well first off this thread was started in the wrong section... but that aside, I can definitely say that most of the people on Pentaxforums are male and above 25, so our concept of what is visually appealing is radically different from what a young lady would find nice.

Well we had plenty of Japanese and Korean tourists over for the Singapore F1 and I actually met quite a number of young women who did accessorize their basic DSLRs. It's about personalization and being different, something most in the current Pentax demographic just won't get it.
10-15-2009, 06:56 PM   #27
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
And that's OK as long as the current demographic still get what they need from Pentax.

No harm in serving another niche market on the side...
10-16-2009, 11:18 AM   #28
Veteran Member

I just can't decide which will go better with my black Tony Lamas

Last edited by seacapt; 12-13-2009 at 12:34 PM.
10-16-2009, 11:46 AM   #29
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
so our concept of what is visually appealing is radically different from what a young lady would find nice.
Hmm, maybe it is not that gross when hanging on a young lady's neck, then goes like "Oh! hi, are you using Pentax too? very nice color" stuff.

I've changed my mind about colored bodies, they could be useful for some, from our demographics side...
10-16-2009, 11:48 AM   #30
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You call those "decent looking"? What have you been smoking. Ok so the different colored ones are OK but the blinged out crap is a tad ridiculous. Gimme Darth Vader any day...

Mike
Closed Thread