Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2009, 05:40 AM   #1

surgery on shoulder

So yesterday I got my left shoulder repaired my labrum and rotator cuff where both torn and I'm only 17. It first torn in December of my junior year and never properly healed. my freshman and sophomore year i was on the varsity football team as 2nd string nose guard and d-end and also power lifted and that's how it was injured in the first place.

so has anyone else had this surgery? or any story's to tell about injures? i'm going nuts just sitting in my house all day.lol

10-13-2009, 05:44 AM   #2
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by catsman50 Quote
So yesterday I got my left shoulder repaired my labrum and rotator cuff where both torn and I'm only 17. It first torn in December of my junior year and never properly healed. my freshman and sophomore year i was on the varsity football team as 2nd string nose guard and d-end and also power lifted and that's how it was injured in the first place.

so has anyone else had this surgery? or any story's to tell about injures? i'm going nuts just sitting in my house all day.lol
Players have people to guard their noses? Crazy sport.
10-13-2009, 05:54 AM   #3

Original Poster
lol its a defensive position in football where your normally head up with the center on offense. Lot of fun to play if you like hitting people or if you like getting hit. man I'm bored
10-13-2009, 06:06 AM   #4
graphicgr8s

lol its a defensive position in football where your normally head up with the center on offense. Lot of fun to play if you like hitting people or if you like getting hit. man I'm bored
I'm a lover. Not a fighter. And I want a sausage and peppers sandwich. With melted mozzarella on top. You're bored? I actually responded to this thread. Think how I feel.

10-13-2009, 06:34 AM   #5

Original Poster
that sounds so amazing right now!!!!!!! i could also go for a philly with onions and peppers!!!!!!!!
10-13-2009, 06:36 AM   #6
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dang only 17 and already having this kind of surgery? I thought it was mainly older athletes after years of throwing that had this. I've been an athlete all my life but I didn't start tearing up joints until my mid/late 30s. I hope you heal up okay but don't be surprised if it comes back to visit you in 20 years (yeah yeah i know, when you're 17 you never think you'll be 40! lol).
10-13-2009, 06:44 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Dang only 17 and already having this kind of surgery? I thought it was mainly older athletes after years of throwing that had this. I've been an athlete all my life but I didn't start tearing up joints until my mid/late 30s. I hope you heal up okay but don't be surprised if it comes back to visit you in 20 years (yeah yeah i know, when you're 17 you never think you'll be 40! lol).
Very true. But after everything is healed 110% I plan to get back into lifting and building my upper body up because my body has always been proportionate. Being my back and legs have always been my strong points so i really need to work on my chest and arms.

10-13-2009, 08:16 AM   #8
Pentaxian

I have a daughter who is a freestyle skiier. Her first knee reconstruction was at age 15. The other knee was done at 19. She is still competing at age 34 in superpipe and did very well last year, finishing in the top 3 several times. Her problems were in the way her joints formed as she was growing, not a direct result of the sport but skiing certainly stresses the knees. She found a way to do her sport and not hurt herself further. Hang in there and don't give up.
10-13-2009, 09:22 AM   #9
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
I'm a lover. Not a fighter. And I want a sausage and peppers sandwich. With melted mozzarella on top. You're bored? I actually responded to this thread. Think how I feel.
Will you shut up already about food. Its making me hungry!
10-13-2009, 09:25 AM   #10
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Will you shut up already about food. Its making me hungry!
Maybe a sandwich on round italian bread from the Bronx. Ham Cappicola, Provolone, Prosciutto, Genoa Salami, Mortadella, Lettuce, Tomato, and a touch of Mayo. With a little hot pepper sliced on. The little hot Italian peppers. And maybe a little pepperoni.
Then cut into triangles.
10-13-2009, 09:30 AM   #11
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Maybe a sandwich on round italian bread from the Bronx. Ham Cappicola, Provolone, Prosciutto, Genoa Salami, Mortadella, Lettuce, Tomato, and a touch of Mayo. With a little hot pepper sliced on. The little hot Italian peppers. And maybe a little pepperoni.
Then cut into triangles.
I Know, and a few green olives on the side just to keep the taste buds from getting bored. THANKS A LOT!
10-13-2009, 10:18 AM   #12

Original Poster
i would rather have this imo.lol
10-13-2009, 11:47 AM   #13
Veteran Member

When I was nationally ranked in tennis in the juniors, I had a bad case of tendonitis in my shoulder for about two years. I would be careful: unless you're planning on making a career out of sports, I highly suggest not damaging your body. Most of your life is still ahead of you.
10-13-2009, 12:23 PM   #14
graphicgr8s

i would rather have this imo.lol
I'm not into sweets.
10-13-2009, 12:29 PM   #15
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Distraction - that's the way!
Or even occupation - seeing as though you're into photography, this is your chance to spend DAYS shooting wherever you want.

You've gone through some major surgery - I empathise. I've not experienced it myself but have seen it many times. Give it the time to heal and get it strengthened by with physio when it's ready for it. Have it as your goal to achieve this and bide your time. You can do it.