Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
graphicgr8s

Can he be rehabilitated?

Well can he?

QuoteQuote:
Zachary Christie, 6, was ordered to spend 45 days in his district’s alternative school for troublemakers after he brought a combination folding fork, knife and spoon to eat his lunch at Downes Elementary School in Newark, Del., last month.
He's a hardened criminal. At 6

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/national/northeast/nat_ap_newark_delaware_fi...131257_2956063

Last edited by graphicgr8s; 10-13-2009 at 05:45 PM.
10-13-2009, 05:32 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm not sure... I think lethal injection might be the only course of action. We need to dispose of them early before we have to pay too much for the constant rehabilitation. In and out of jail is not rehabilitation...Too much stress on the tax payers.
10-13-2009, 05:36 PM   #3

I think that is a bunch of crap. I too did something similar when I joined the boy scouts and wanted to feel all grown up. Luckily it was during a time when that sort of behavior was actually expected (Because thats how kids ARE!) and in a place that was tolerant of childrens habits. What has happened to the world?????
10-13-2009, 05:43 PM   #4
Veteran Member

When I was in High School many moons ago, I remember that the class president showed up to a football game drunk (he fell down the bleachers). All that happened was the principal gave him a ride home and a firm talking to. It didn't happen again.

Last edited by Das Boot; 10-13-2009 at 05:52 PM.
10-13-2009, 05:48 PM   #5
Veteran Member

It shows that some people have their brain where chickens have their eggs. Maybe all the kids at school should be sentenced to jail since you can stab somebody with a pencil.
10-13-2009, 05:51 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Das Boot Quote
I'm not sure... I think lethal injection might be the only course of action. We need to dispose of them early before we have to pay too much for the constant rehabilitation. In and out of jail is not rehabilitation...Too much stress on the tax payers.
And to think that at one time, a teacher would just confiscate the offending object. Do these idiots know that a sharpened pencil can poke a person's eye out?
10-13-2009, 07:21 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Confiscate?

When I was in grade school, everyone I knew was in Boy Scouts or Cub Scouts and we all had our "official Scout pocket knife" or swiss army knife hanging on our belt... at school. Wasn't anything odd or strange about that.

Society has gone completely CRAZY...

Pat

10-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote
Confiscate?

When I was in grade school, everyone I knew was in Boy Scouts or Cub Scouts and we all had our "official Scout pocket knife" or swiss army knife hanging on our belt... at school. Wasn't anything odd or strange about that.

Society has gone completely CRAZY...

Pat
Well, the definition of offensive object has changed. I took a Bowie knife to school for show and tell one time.
The teacher hand delivered it back to my father.
But yes, as a society we seem to be getting loonier by the day.
10-13-2009, 09:07 PM   #9
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Well, the definition of offensive object has changed. I took a Bowie knife to school for show and tell one time.
The teacher hand delivered it back to my father.
But yes, as a society we seem to be getting loonier by the day.
Yes. You are.
10-13-2009, 10:05 PM   #10
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just another example of how we have ruined America, or allowed it to be ruined. This is not a conservative or liberal thing, this is an "American thing". We fight in Afghanistan, but we don't deny that the enemy is in Pakistan. We spend billions to bail out the richest among us so they won't miss their huge bonuses...and we can't even get it right for a poor little six year old boy. Lord have mercy on us, we are total failures, and we keep asking "what's wrong". Look in the mirror, we are what is wrong. Have suggestions for our problems...I'm listening!
Regards
10-14-2009, 03:40 AM   #11
Veteran Member

You can carry exposed firearms to a political rally or presidential speech and is no big deal, but if you take a boyscout utensil to school, you can be expelled.

Just another day.

Jason
10-14-2009, 04:52 AM   #12
Veteran Member

It appears this young Al Capone was granted a reprieve...

Delaware 1st grader has 45-day suspension lifted - Yahoo! News

Jason
10-14-2009, 09:51 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote

Jason
Well, it appears somebody has some common sense but it raises another question. When I went to school they provided eating utensils including forks and knives in the cafateria. Is a kid using his scout kit carrying a weapon and kids using school utensils not? Or do kids nowadays just eat out of a dog dish?
10-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #14
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote

Jason
Yeah I sort of knew yesterday they would. Thing is it should never have gone this far. This should be a non story. Some semblance of common sense should have prevailed. That of course assumes common sense exists in their minds at all.

And I know what you are all saying: At least it's not a political thread by graphicgr8s!

But I actually have put some pictures in the PYP section. You guys are getting boring.
10-14-2009, 10:42 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Unfortunately the "kids" of today are getting loonier as well - can't take any chances.

It's to be expected living in a generally immoral society hell bent on creating a "godless" society.

Dylan