Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-15-2009, 07:16 AM   #16
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by res3567 Quote
Yea. Sounds like me. Only, I've been married once.
Still married?

My wife is married.

She said "I do"
"And he does too"

10-15-2009, 07:36 AM   #17
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
What in the world are you talking about?
You just HAD to ask, didn't you?
10-15-2009, 07:59 AM   #18
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Sorry.
n
10-15-2009, 08:40 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Sounds like someone's staying on the ignore list a while longer, whatever that's about.

10-15-2009, 08:54 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Dear PF,

Yesterday I spent half of my work day cruising the photo boards on the net, and took a 2 hour lunch walking around with my new K-7 with my new S-M-C Takumar 28/3.5.

My boss called me into his office to tell me I have a problem focusing and that there is a slippage in my work.

What should I do?

Signed,
Goofy

-

Dear Goofy,

You do need to pay more attention to your focus, especially with a slower lens such as the 28/3.5. You should get a jinfinance split screen as soon as he has them available for the K-7. Meanwhile, the live view should help you focus better.

If you aren't using the official Pentax M42/K adapter, you will get slippage, or even have the lens/adapter turn too far and get stuck. The authentic $35 Pentax adapter is money well spent.

You ought to consider the timing of your photo-walks, as noon time light tends to be too contrasty. Try the early morning or evening instead, your sensor will thank you.

yours,
PF
10-15-2009, 09:14 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Dear Pentax Forums,

This past weekend I told my wife I was going shooting at the swamps and shore. I got up early and packed my P645 with the 55 and 150 lenses, and several rolls of color film, and drove the hour to the shore. It was bitingly cold, and I soon discovered the camera's electronics simply quit. So, I decided to go back home.

When I arrived, I caught my wife in bed with another man. Needless to say, I'm very upset and disgusted. What should I do?

signed, Disillusioned

Dear Disillusioned,

First off, taking an electronically controlled camera such as the P645 out in freezing weather is asking for trouble. You can carry a second set of batteries, under your coat where your body keeps them warm, and swap as needed. Or, Pentax made a remote battery holder that would be even better.

Secondly, I doubt the 55mm lens is wide enough for shooting swamps and beaches. You should consider the Arsat 30mm, which is a true wide angle on the 645. You do have a polarizer - and a split ND filter? Essential.

Third, which film? I recommend Provia or Velvia for this type of shooting, or, if you want B&W, Foma 100 developed in Rodinal.

Finally, never, ever, go on a shooting trip without a backup, fully mechanical camera.
I thought of something last night. You have this all wrong, we'd ask for a photograph to diagnose the problem first.
And since we'd want as much in depth information as possible it had better be a photo of the wife in bed with the other man
10-15-2009, 09:20 AM   #22
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Sounds like someone's staying on the ignore list a while longer, whatever that's about.
Strange how I am on your "ignore" list but you still think it's something about you. It was but you still thought it while "ignoring" me.

10-15-2009, 08:30 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Still married?

My wife is married.

She said "I do"
"And he does too"
No, recently divorced.
10-15-2009, 09:13 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Strange how I am on your "ignore" list but you still think it's something about you. It was but you still thought it while "ignoring" me.
It reminds me of a great bumper sticker I read once - "Jesus loves you... Everyone else thinks you're an a$$hole" (...I think it was on my car...) For some, in their minds (or on the internet) they are great, but in the real world they can't hold a conversation with anyone or be a functional part of society unless they have had their Thorazine or Zyprexa. Even then it's a little sketchy.
10-16-2009, 03:55 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Need some motorcycle advice?

I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs... Phone rings but if I answer, the caller hangs up. My wife has been going out with the girls a lot recently although when I ask their names she always says, "Just some friends from work, you don't know them."

I always stay awake to look out for her taxi coming home, but she always walks down the drive, although I can hear a car setting off, as if she has gotten out of the car round the corner. Why ? Maybe she wasn't in a taxi? I once picked her cell phone up just to see what time it was and she went berserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never broached the subject with my wife. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to really check on her. I decided I was going to park my 750 honda classic next to the garage and then hide behind it so I could get a good view of the whole street when she comes home.

It was at that moment, crouching behind my Honda I noticed that the valve covers seem to be leaking a little oil. Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it back to the dealer?
10-16-2009, 07:26 PM   #26
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Tyama Quote
I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs... Phone rings but if I answer, the caller hangs up. My wife has been going out with the girls a lot recently although when I ask their names she always says, "Just some friends from work, you don't know them."

I always stay awake to look out for her taxi coming home, but she always walks down the drive, although I can hear a car setting off, as if she has gotten out of the car round the corner. Why ? Maybe she wasn't in a taxi? I once picked her cell phone up just to see what time it was and she went berserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never broached the subject with my wife. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth, but last night she went out again and I decided to really check on her. I decided I was going to park my 750 honda classic next to the garage and then hide behind it so I could get a good view of the whole street when she comes home.

It was at that moment, crouching behind my Honda I noticed that the valve covers seem to be leaking a little oil. Is this something I can fix myself or should I take it back to the dealer?
Just get a real bike. A nice Harley. You'll forget all about the wife. Worked for me anyway. Well that and the 63 split window.