Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2009, 12:05 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If Pentax Forums gave advice...

Dear Pentax Forums,

This past weekend I told my wife I was going shooting at the swamps and shore. I got up early and packed my P645 with the 55 and 150 lenses, and several rolls of color film, and drove the hour to the shore. It was bitingly cold, and I soon discovered the camera's electronics simply quit. So, I decided to go back home.

When I arrived, I caught my wife in bed with another man. Needless to say, I'm very upset and disgusted. What should I do?

signed, Disillusioned

Dear Disillusioned,

First off, taking an electronically controlled camera such as the P645 out in freezing weather is asking for trouble. You can carry a second set of batteries, under your coat where your body keeps them warm, and swap as needed. Or, Pentax made a remote battery holder that would be even better.

Secondly, I doubt the 55mm lens is wide enough for shooting swamps and beaches. You should consider the Arsat 30mm, which is a true wide angle on the 645. You do have a polarizer - and a split ND filter? Essential.

Third, which film? I recommend Provia or Velvia for this type of shooting, or, if you want B&W, Foma 100 developed in Rodinal.

Finally, never, ever, go on a shooting trip without a backup, fully mechanical camera.

10-14-2009, 12:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

You got some pics of them doing the nasty with your cell phone camera, right?
10-14-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
Veteran Member

hahahahaha
10-14-2009, 01:07 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would suggest forgetting about the wife and get yourself a hobby.

10-14-2009, 01:20 PM   #5
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very funny.

Don't know if Disillusioned is a real case, but if so the joke won't be funny for very long...
10-14-2009, 01:24 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Wait, this is a joke isn't it Nesster? BrownBag
10-14-2009, 01:53 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes, a joke ... Though if you think about it, in a way the advice would solve that problem at home, cause he'd be out shooting all day.

10-14-2009, 02:02 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Actually, I stole this from a joke mail, where it was the wife's car that broke down... and the male advice columnist only talked about car maintenance... titled something like 'why men won't make good relationship advisors' or somesuch.
10-14-2009, 04:31 PM   #9
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Yes, a joke ... Though if you think about it, in a way the advice would solve that problem at home, cause he'd be out shooting all day.
No - the problem would still be there. It would just continue to make him ignorant of it...
10-14-2009, 07:11 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Warm up your batteries and photograph the flagrante delicto... Put em up on the wall. Like you like looking at it. That'll either kill the buzz or possibly lead to fun?

If asked why you'd do such thing, extol the superior virtues of medium format for enlargement.
10-14-2009, 07:49 PM   #11
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Warm up your batteries and photograph the flagrante delicto... Put em up on the wall. Like you like looking at it. That'll either kill the buzz or possibly lead to fun?

If asked why you'd do such thing, extol the superior virtues of medium format for enlargement.
What in the world are you talking about?
10-14-2009, 07:55 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
What in the world are you talking about?
Catching the act via medium format and annoying the wife by posting it enlarged on the wall....
If you shoot medium format, the world is so much clearer
10-14-2009, 11:02 PM   #13
Veteran Member

A friend of mine, who's been married twice found a solution.

Now that he's divorced and single he can afford all the camera gear he wants, so he has backups for his backups
So he always has spare batteries under his jacket.
10-14-2009, 11:39 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
A friend of mine, who's been married twice found a solution.

Now that he's divorced and single he can afford all the camera gear he wants, so he has backups for his backups
So he always has spare batteries under his jacket.
Yea. Sounds like me. Only, I've been married once.
10-15-2009, 12:15 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dear Dissilusioned

Keep the wife. Out of guilt she wont be able to refuse you a larger photo-gear budget. You may hint her that the D645 may help you forgive.