Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2009, 12:45 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nowhere Matt Quote
Well let's not give the story anymore attention then. Ay?
Not a bad idea. Apart from the big WTF. And I still think we should bill the cable infotainment... err, news networks, for the free programming.

10-19-2009, 01:16 PM   #32
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Bottom line - be careful what you wish for...

They got what they want in the end - international headlines and fame... only for all the wrong reasons... and may have to pay for it...
10-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #33
Damn Brit

Let's hope the foster parents are more considerate.
10-19-2009, 06:41 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
The authorities are going after them full force this time with felony charges INCLUDING contributing to the delequency of a minor. The Heenes are in deep doo-doo!

10-19-2009, 07:01 PM   #35
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Let's hope the foster parents are more considerate.
And conservative.
10-20-2009, 04:00 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
And conservative.
Or, maybe not.
10-20-2009, 08:03 AM   #37
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

And conservative.
--------
YouTube - Fee poke Bear with Stick

10-20-2009, 08:43 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Messed. Up.

In the latest 'news' it's turned up that the father of these boys filmed them singing some violently homophobic rap and posted it to Youtube last year.

What. Is. Wrong. With. These. People.

'Family values' in action?
10-20-2009, 09:12 AM   #39
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Messed. Up.

In the latest 'news' it's turned up that the father of these boys filmed them singing some violently homophobic rap and posted it to Youtube last year.

What. Is. Wrong. With. These. People.

'Family values' in action?
How about stupidity? Or trying to get something for nothing. Sounds like they'd make good liberal senators.
10-20-2009, 03:14 PM   #40
Pentaxian

And conservative.
Hasn't the kid already been through enough!!!
10-20-2009, 04:04 PM   #41
Inactive Account

Seems as though they are going to being charged.
i hope they get charged for naming their son FALCON as well.
10-20-2009, 04:23 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thalweg Quote
i hope they get charged for naming their son FALCON as well.
Eh, actually, that's about the only thing I've heard about these folks of which I approve. Giving kids one among a few boring names that don't mean anything to us or else they'll be picked on in school... Is not one of the things I consider a bright spot of Western culture.

Kind of a heavy Yeats reference to lay on a kid, though. Especially if you want to have em tape violently homophobic rap videos, put em on Youtube like it won't be with them for life, and then fake casting their siblings upon the winds in some kind of balloon to get attention.

In *this* context, it probably has something to do with what some people think plays in the media.

Turning in the widening gyre, the center cannot hold, mere anarchy loosed upon he world, twenty centuries vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle... blood-dimmed tides loosed, and ceremonies of innocence drowned, live on Fox News....

Seems the best lack all conviction, and the worst are full of passionate intensity...

For what?

More up-to-the-minute coverage after these messages...

Kid's probably gonna *need* a real name after all this. That's what I say. I think the real question is what attention the parents were looking for, why and how... What they constructed bucking for 'Reality TV' all the time.

Call it 'giving the people... and the corporate media... what they wanted.'

Cause I think this is *really* where American culture's been going off the rails. You got these parents having their kids singing about bashing gays ...with rocks and baseball bats... on Youtube a year before they're even old enough to really be in on the balloon scam. "It's for the show, right, daddy?"

And all you can say is the kid's got a funny name.

I got a funny name, too.

I think a real question... Why are we, via the corporate media... The people whose attention they figured they could use their kids to *get?*

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 10-20-2009 at 05:02 PM.
10-20-2009, 09:44 PM   #43
graphicgr8s

Eh, actually, that's about the only thing I've heard about these folks of which I approve. Giving kids one among a few boring names that don't mean anything to us or else they'll be picked on in school... Is not one of the things I consider a bright spot of Western culture.

Kind of a heavy Yeats reference to lay on a kid, though. Especially if you want to have em tape violently homophobic rap videos, put em on Youtube like it won't be with them for life, and then fake casting their siblings upon the winds in some kind of balloon to get attention.

In *this* context, it probably has something to do with what some people think plays in the media.

Turning in the widening gyre, the center cannot hold, mere anarchy loosed upon he world, twenty centuries vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle... blood-dimmed tides loosed, and ceremonies of innocence drowned, live on Fox News....

Seems the best lack all conviction, and the worst are full of passionate intensity...

For what?

Kid's probably gonna *need* a real name after all this. That's what I say. I think the real question is what attention the parents were looking for, why and how... What they constructed bucking for 'Reality TV' all the time.

Cause I think this is *really* where American culture's been going off the rails. You got these parents having their kids singing about bashing gays ...with rocks and baseball bats... on Youtube a year before they're even old enough to really be in on the balloon scam. "It's for the show, right, daddy?"

I got a funny name, too.

I think a real question... Why are we, via the corporate media... The people whose attention they figured they could use their kids to *get?*
What?

cvb
10-20-2009, 10:01 PM   #44
Igilligan

I got a nickel says that they will still get some show in the end... it may be a bit of time... but stupidity like this is usually rewarded!
10-20-2009, 10:52 PM   #45
Veteran Member

For what?

I got a funny name, too.

VERY well stated. The media "told a story", they neglected to gather all the facts, because it takes too long, and *we* don't care.

And for a while, we rode along, and said prayers for the child in the balloon. The media gave us breathless up to the second coverage, and we gobbled it up like it was our last breath.

But typical of news today, there was no analysis. No thought. Just fast in your face second by second coverage.

And there is nothing wrong with Falcon as a name. In my neck of the woods, you need to try ALOT harder than Falcon if you want a strange name. I know and have known some by Rainbow, Sunshine, Happy, Sunflower, Alp, Arnt, Xhevit etc. Its a result of living in an extremly multi-cultureal part of the world, plus hippie baby boomers. Love those hippie boomers.