Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2009, 02:15 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
that's why I as much as possible, I would prefer Fedex. in all my years and experiences from them, I had never asked to pay for any brokerage fee. mind you that I had been in different parts of the world and in different countries where I had dealt and sent/recieved packages via Fedex. I had sent and received packages where I nor the people that I had sent the packages were never collected any brokerage fees. now the funny part is, Fedex rates are even cheaper than UPS. that is even excluding or apart from the brokerage fee that UPS collects.

if I were to compute the rates of both couriers, it would look like this:

FEDEX: $20 = $20
UPS: $30+brokerage fee= RIPOFF

10-28-2009, 07:54 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
USPS won my trust along time ago, I prefer it over UPS and FedEx. USPS seems to deliver on time and fast, they are all about efficiency. Though sometimes USPS tracking doesn't work but at least they deliver on time. Sometimes whenever I am able to actually track my packages from USPS, I see that they stop at a minimal amount of places, they seem to go all out on how far they will go. USPS also works on Saturdays unlike UPS.

USPS being able to deliver both my DA 35/2.8 Macro Limited and DA* 50-135/2.8 on the exact same days really impressed me, especially when the 35 LTD came from New Hampshire and the DA* 50-135 came from California. They are both on opposite ends of the US and I live in Minnesota, which is the central part. Both lenses were shipped using USPS Priority Mail Flat-Rate and they both shipped on the same days. It took only two days, that's right! Just two days for it to journey here to Minnesota and deliver at my door on the foot-steps at 1PM which is when the USPS truck usually comes to drop off mail. Both packages arrived that exact same moment from the same mail-man, very impressive.

For UPS and FedEx, I always see them stopping short distances for who knows? They always stop in the middle of the states and then leave, then stop again. They don't rush and go long distances like I see USPS do. UPS takes awhile to deliver on the delivery day, they delivered my K-7 just yesterday at almost 5PM after coming home at 10am to wait for it. My DA 21 Limited shipped out with USPS on the 24th and arrived on the 26th from Georgia. My K-7 shipped out with UPS on the 22nd and delivered on the 27th from California; unsurpassed and flawless work of delivery craftsmanship, engineered by USPS.

For FedEx, it adds a extra 2-3 days to their estimated delivery from the equivilant of USPS's Priority Mail which is probably their cheapest; so it arrives in like 4-5 days after shipping which is too long compared to USPS 2-3 days. I can't really compare much of FedEx compared to USPS or UPS because nobody ships using FedEx whenever I try to find the cheapest shipping method available which is usually either Free or just one to three dollars, I've shopped from Adorama, Amazon, B&HPhotoVideo, and Newegg for camera equipment before.

Sometimes I question fate and I ask myself, how is it possible that USPS is cheaper and yet more efficient and reliable than the other two? I don't know, but their existence is a blessing.

Last edited by LeDave; 10-28-2009 at 08:04 AM.