Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2009, 07:31 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
NBC Nightly News

Doesn't it seem odd that now that the deficit has nearly doubled to over a trillion dollars, NBC Nightly News doesn't showcase their "The Fleecing of America" stories anymore and have moved on to "Making a Difference" stories?

10-20-2009, 07:39 AM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Das Boot Quote
Doesn't it seem odd that now that the deficit has nearly doubled to over a trillion dollars, NBC Nightly News doesn't showcase their "The Fleecing of America" stories anymore and have moved on to "Making a Difference" stories?
That is because, as everybody knows, it is only the Republicans that fleece America. The Dems, to paraphrase Hillary Clinton, "take things away from you for the common good".
10-20-2009, 08:21 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
That is because, as everybody knows, it is only the Republicans that fleece America. The Dems, to paraphrase Hillary Clinton, "take things away from you for the common good".
*Sigh*

NBC has been doing segments on gov't waste since the beginning of the Clinton administration. Maybe NBC just wanted to change things up.

Hmm, the last FoA was in 2007? I don't watch the series...

Last edited by flippedgazelle; 10-20-2009 at 08:31 AM.
10-20-2009, 08:57 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, for a start, Bush did his war spending off-budget. And let's not forget he basically post-dated a check so the Faux news crowd could suddenly become 'deficit hawks' and blame Obama for Bush having wrapped the economy around a telephone pole before he handed over the keys.

Nobody's been under illusions this wouldn't be expensive. We'll be paying for the GOP's orgy of greed and irresponsibility for quite some time. Perhaps certain attention spans have lapsed, but that hasn't changed.

10-20-2009, 09:02 AM   #5
graphicgr8s

Yes. Yes. Certain attention spans have lapsed. A certain segment of the populace has generally forgotten how we really got into this financial mess. And the FACT it goes back, way back to the Carter administration. But heck what do we need facts for?

Expensive? This administration has spent more than all others.

Combined. But hey it's only money. We'll just print more.
10-20-2009, 10:16 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Well, for a start, Bush did his war spending off-budget. And let's not forget he basically post-dated a check so the Faux news crowd could suddenly become 'deficit hawks' and blame Obama for Bush having wrapped the economy around a telephone pole before he handed over the keys.

Nobody's been under illusions this wouldn't be expensive. We'll be paying for the GOP's orgy of greed and irresponsibility for quite some time. Perhaps certain attention spans have lapsed, but that hasn't changed.
Just to clarify , I'm not a GWB fanboy and do feel he betrayed my trust but probably not in the way you think. That being said in an effort to call it down the middle. Bush was handed an economic house of cards when Willy Boy slithered out of the white house.
10-20-2009, 01:48 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Most people can't comprehend what $1 Billion is much less what $1 Trillion is. Therein lies the problem. They think that 8 Billion earmarked for organizations like A.C.O.R.N. is chump change. However, the Florida budget for 2009 was $66.5 Billion.

TARP (1/2 of it is on Dumbya), Spendulus, OmniSpend, and the $3.5 Trillion annual budget alone shattered every record in the book.

10-20-2009, 02:12 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In the interest of rational discussion, please show actual facts that support the following assertions:

Well, for a start, Bush did his war spending off-budget. Please quantify or cite references for this statement

And let's not forget he basically post-dated a check Please quantify or cite references for this statement

so the Faux news crowd could suddenly become 'deficit hawks' and blame Obama for Bush having wrapped the economy around a telephone pole Please quantify or cite references for this statement

before he handed over the keys.

Nobody's been under illusions this wouldn't be expensive. We'll be paying for the GOP's orgy of greed and irresponsibility Please quantify or cite references for this statement

for quite some time. Please quantify or cite references for this statement

Perhaps certain attention spans have lapsed, but that hasn't changed.
QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
Just to clarify , I'm not a GWB fanboy and do feel he betrayed my trust but probably not in the way you think. Please quantify or cite references for this statement

That being said in an effort to call it down the middle. Bush was handed an economic house of cards Please quantify or cite references for this statement

when Willy Boy slithered out of the white house.
10-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Public record, Monochrome. One of those things 'libruls' were 'traitors' for questioning.

There was a *lot* of stuff like that over the Bush years. Unemployment rising? Redefine 'unemployed.' Government getting bigger, call anyone a traitor for mentioning it. FEMA run by a compulsive gambler? Heckofajob, Brownie.' Climate data not to your liking? Have the denier in charge of NASA shut off the satellites and say we're going to Mars... Without oxygen.

Etc, etc, etc. There's this emergency now, but we're gonna be digging this crap out for a long while.
10-20-2009, 04:07 PM   #10
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
In the interest of rational discussion, please show actual facts that support the following assertions:
Public record, Monochrome. One of those things 'libruls' were 'traitors' for questioning.

There was a *lot* of stuff like that over the Bush years. Unemployment rising? Redefine 'unemployed.' Government getting bigger, call anyone a traitor for mentioning it. FEMA run by a compulsive gambler? Heckofajob, Brownie.' Climate data not to your liking? Have the denier in charge of NASA shut off the satellites and say we're going to Mars... Without oxygen.

Etc, etc, etc. There's this emergency now, but we're gonna be digging this crap out for a long while.
Well, that certainly clears that up! (see sig line)
10-20-2009, 04:37 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Facts and logic often mystify some. Just like Al Gore when he was asked about one of the "9 Inconvenient Untruths" in his movie... He refused to answer.
10-20-2009, 05:07 PM   #12
Veteran Member

What, after all this time of being expected to deal with 'Obama is a Commie Dictator, No, Really...' no one can remember the respective campaign platforms?

I mean, don't tell me you've already forgotten about the treason all we 'defeatist' terrorist-loving troop haters' were always about to commit if we were not on the right side of Bush's 'for me or against me?' So soon?

Really.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 10-20-2009 at 05:15 PM.
10-20-2009, 08:48 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Just to clarify , I'm not a GWB fanboy and do feel he betrayed my trust but probably not in the way you think. That being said in an effort to call it down the middle. Bush was handed an economic house of cards when Willy Boy slithered out of the white house.
The first assertation is merely a statement of opinion. I believe that GWB sent our troops into harms way but due to political pressure would not allow them to do what they were sent for. I lost friends in Iraq. It is also my opinion that some of GWB's economic actions or lack there of were self serving.
The second assertation is based on the fact that the US economy had allready started to falter toward the end of the Clinton administration. Bush had to contend with the effects of the bank deregulation act of 1999 , NAFTA and Clinton's artifical budget surplus which was based in part on imprudent cuts to national defense spending.
10-20-2009, 09:40 PM   #14
graphicgr8s

The first assertation is merely a statement of opinion. I believe that GWB sent our troops into harms way but due to political pressure would not allow them to do what they were sent for. I lost friends in Iraq. It is also my opinion that some of GWB's economic actions or lack there of were self serving.
The second assertation is based on the fact that the US economy had allready started to falter toward the end of the Clinton administration. Bush had to contend with the effects of the bank deregulation act of 1999 , NAFTA and Clinton's artifical budget surplus which was based in part on imprudent cuts to national defense spending.
How come after all democrat presidents the next republican has to always, without fail rebuild our military? Reagan after carter, Bush after clinton. Well clinton loathes the military. And the only "defense" he did was after one of his uhm, trysts in the Oval office.
Don't forget he also had to contend with a couple of buildings tthat were demolished in a man made disaster. Why do most people have a 9-10 attitude?
Seacapt. Stop confusing the libs with actual facts. They don't understand them anyway.
10-20-2009, 09:57 PM   #15

MSM

Wall Street Journal, Weekly Standard, National Review Online, Drudge report, Fox News, Clear Channel - over 1200 Talk Radio stations, CNBC, Washington Times, Hot Air, NBC, Politico, Worldnetdaily, USA Today and so on.....are they considered main stream media..if they are, then where's the bias..????