Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2009, 09:11 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alfisti Quote
Whoever he or she is they are either blind or are being pushed by upper management to accept mediocrity and borderline rubbish. The first one i posted, honestly, would anyone here not delete that right away?

Who the hell votes yes for that?
I quite like the bench shot. The leaves shot is unremarkable, sure, though the colors are nice.

10-22-2009, 09:15 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Man you're an easy marker. The bench, mayyybe i can see an argument (it's not bad just meh IMHO) but the leaves ...... delte button instantly.
10-22-2009, 09:22 AM   #33
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
. Its a double standard, someone posts a poorly composed or bland photo of their newborn, and anyone telling them "dude thats a bad photo" is all of a sudden the worlds biggest dickweed, but give the person praise and you're accepted into the group. Now the dumbass that took the photo thinks he's doing well, so he posts another halfass photo of his newborn, and the cycle continues. Then the same genius decides that his photography is so amazing he could make something out of it. So he starts advertising his services. Quickly he realizes that something is wrong, because people are complaining to him and not paying up, so he gives up on the idea. Only the seed has been planted. His disgruntled customers now think every photographer is a hack, and try to take pictures themselves with that DSLR they got for christmass from some random relative. They join an online forum and post shitty pictures of their chairs and again, get the same "amazing photo" comments... see where i'm going with this?
Please, somebody make this post a sticky. I have been thinking this for a long-time after watching many people trying to go pro on the basis of the acceptance of their pictures on the net. Many times I wonder what it would be more damaging for that people: the fake praise to not break their hopes while they hit the wall of reality, or the naked truth that produces a transient itch that prevents hard falls. I am all for the second and I will start now

Gooshin, your pictures are pretentious .
10-22-2009, 09:27 AM   #34
Not Registered

Genius post Gooshin, my thoughts exactly. That's wht bugs me about PPG, I mean how the HELL do these get into a peer and professional judged gallery?

PENTAX Photo Gallery
Funny game. The best thing is that everyone can play. Please,define this one for me. Zenfolio | Alfisti | Flora

10-22-2009, 09:30 AM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gruoso Quote
Funny game. The best thing is that everyone can play. Please,define this one for me. Zenfolio | Alfisti | Flora
its not in PPG though is it?
10-22-2009, 09:36 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Exactly, I did not even submit it. Not to mention it's afar better photo in any case. It has balance, some semblance of composition and the leaf is near perfectly shaped. The PPG one has horrible shadows, awful composition and the leaves are a freakin mess.

I blew the red channel and it's oversharpened so i did not submit.

I would be far more polite than that if critiquing the image but it's no good.
10-22-2009, 09:39 AM   #37
Not Registered

But it is a good measure of the criteria of the poster. I would not mock a picture that it is on a gallery based on its lack of quality to have another of similar/lower level as a header to my flora section on my personal gallery. Or I wouldnt do it if I dont want to be exposed. Alfisti (and probably the Joe of the PPG) have many pictures that are really good but it is tacky to point someone else's nose when you have a bugger on your own.

Not too mention that I dont have PPG for a seal-of-quality brand.

10-22-2009, 09:40 AM   #38
Not Registered

It has balance, some semblance of composition and the leaf is near perfectly shaped.
No comment. The beauty must be on the eye of the beholder in this case.... and it is the way it should be.
10-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I just don't get flickr, it HORRENDOUS to naviagate, an abolute mess at best.
Amen to that.

People that put out crap need to be told that they are putting out crap so that they will either stop completely or work hard at improving their skill.
And to that as well !
10-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Don't dance around the bush, it's oversharpened and the red channel is blown, other than that how is it possibly not a better image than the PPG one? What do you like about he PPG one? I cannot find a single redeeming feature, not one.
10-22-2009, 09:45 AM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gruoso Quote
No comment. The beauty must be on the eye of the beholder in this case.... and it is the way it should be.
Gotta agree with you here.

Alfisti, I've seen great stuff from you elsewhere, but I greatly prefer the PPG photo to your own. Better color, more vibrant, the shadows provide interest and a sense of depth that yours lacks (being pretty flat), and it doesn't have the distracting twigs scattered throughout. Granted, I don't think either are great, and I don't think I voted for the one in PPG, but there you go.
10-22-2009, 09:47 AM   #42
Veteran Member

one can appreciate good art without being able to replicate it

i will never build an Eiffel tower, but i can state that i think its a magnificent piece of architecture, and be universally correct.
10-22-2009, 09:49 AM   #43
Veteran Member

Now for something different, how good is this bloke. Wonderful.

PENTAX Photo Gallery
10-22-2009, 09:53 AM   #44
Igilligan

After much thought

That's it Gruoso... I am not going to dinner with you tonight. Your obviously in one of your 'moods'... I think is is called reality.

After soaking in this thread... I realize I am just a variation on the flickr boys. In fact my lens buying addiction may really just be a way of
continuing to post pics without ever really progressing. Lens 'test' shot posts are the plethora of my silly posts on here. I went back and looked
at my earliest posts on here and I have not only, not progressed much, but I am still posting what are essentially the same damn pics over and over again.

Thanks to this thread, my silly dream of a full frame camera can be finally put to bed. For what? More test shots of leaves, cats, kids?
Time for little g gus to get real.

I mean really wtf is this? It looks like a sensor failure!

My eyes have been opened... and I will never be able to 'unsee' the truth!
10-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #45
Veteran Member

LOL, wtf is that?