Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
graphicgr8s

What a joke

Why isn't this guy censured like Joe Wilson was? At least Joe told the truth.

YouTube - Rep. Alan Grayson Calls Linda Robertson A "K Street Whore!"

10-28-2009, 05:50 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Ummmm, I'll leave this one alone
10-28-2009, 06:09 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I think he's starting to get swept under the rug by his constituents. BTW, I met Joe Wilson a few weeks ago at a fund raiser... he's a nice guy. I'm really hoping that he'll jump ship and give Lindsey Graham (or what us folks around here call him - "Flimsy") a run for the senate seat. Talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing. At least we have Demint.
10-28-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Das Boot Quote
I think he's starting to get swept under the rug by his constituents. BTW, I met Joe Wilson a few weeks ago at a fund raiser... he's a nice guy. I'm really hoping that he'll jump ship and give Lindsey Graham (or what us folks around here call him - "Flimsy") a run for the senate seat. Talk about a wolf in sheep's clothing. At least we have Demint.
Not by the Obama. At least not during his last fund raiser here. Speaking of which if Bush had done this much fund raising and campaigning I wonder if the liberals would be as quiet as they are now.

Fox News tried getting Grayson to answer some questions while walking down to the elevator and refused. Aren't they public servants? Don't we pay their salaries? It's their duty to answer questions. We are after all their employers. Trouble is the libs are stupid enough to reelect him.

Charlie Crist is a fool.

10-28-2009, 07:59 PM   #5
Veteran Member

It seems timing is everything. With the lack of an identifiable foe (aka George W Bush), the void of anything positive coming from the stimulous on the "street" level, and nothing a layman would consider "change we can believe in", people are bailing and it's showing in the polls. Unfortunately, there is a faction of the GOP that think lines need to be blurred. I personally think this is a "test market" they are performing. Let's face it, a lot of them are out of touch and looking to rally votes to stay in office by taking on opposing views. I would think now is the time to vote for the candidates that offer a stark contrast to the populous regardless of the letter following their name.
10-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The comment was kind of funny. Maybe I'm just too much of a blue collar redneck to be bothered by wisecracks like that. The biggest problem with the remarks in my opinion was that when asked follow up questions it became very obvious that he knew very little about what he was talking about. He knew nothing about the woman other than at one time she was a lobbiest for Enron. He knows nothing about her qualifications other than where she once worked. He didn't even know her name and was repeating some story that somebody told somebody else who told him. It's almost as bad as the guys who testify before congressional committies quoting stories fron The Onion.
10-30-2009, 01:32 PM   #7
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
The comment was kind of funny. Maybe I'm just too much of a blue collar redneck to be bothered by wisecracks like that. The biggest problem with the remarks in my opinion was that when asked follow up questions it became very obvious that he knew very little about what he was talking about. He knew nothing about the woman other than at one time she was a lobbiest for Enron. He knows nothing about her qualifications other than where she once worked. He didn't even know her name and was repeating some story that somebody told somebody else who told him. It's almost as bad as the guys who testify before congressional committies quoting stories fron The Onion.
The guy is a fool and should be censured.

Enron. Wasn't that one of the companies that had full access to the White House during Clinton? And cost a lot of people a lot of money during Clinton? Didn't the CEO sleep in the Lincoln bedroom during Clinton?

But hey now you can buy your way into the White House. Just make a donation worthy of the Obama.

10-30-2009, 03:03 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
What a joke... this thread is a joke.

Wilson breached DC protocol with what he did. Grayson did not.

Grayson also apologized fairly quickly. Wilson didn't.

Otherwise, this is yet another right-wing masturbation thread.

What's funny about you guys is that you constantly preach to the choir, but nobody else listens. That's why McCain didn't get elected.

BTW, here in Joisy, Gov. Corzine and Ind. challenger Daggett have reached out for my vote, but not Christie. GOP does a poor job reaching out to non-GOP members.

I'm an Independent - the way the American voter is supposed to be.
10-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #9
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by flippedgazelle Quote
What a joke... this thread is a joke.

Wilson breached DC protocol with what he did. Grayson did not.

Grayson also apologized fairly quickly. Wilson didn't.

Otherwise, this is yet another right-wing masturbation thread.

What's funny about you guys is that you constantly preach to the choir, but nobody else listens. That's why McCain didn't get elected.

BTW, here in Joisy, Gov. Corzine and Ind. challenger Daggett have reached out for my vote, but not Christie. GOP does a poor job reaching out to non-GOP members.

I'm an Independent - the way the American voter is supposed to be.
Wilson spoke the truth. Grayson's an idiot, a fool, and an all around imbecile. He apologized for the K-Street whore deal?
10-30-2009, 06:14 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Wilson spoke the truth. Grayson's an idiot, a fool, and an all around imbecile. He apologized for the K-Street whore deal?
According to factcheck.org, Wilson did not speak the truth.

Yes, Grayson apologized for both his comment about Republican healthcare plan ("die die") and the "K street whore" deal.

The fact that Grayson may very well be "an idiot, a fool, and an all around imbecile" is irrelevant.
10-30-2009, 07:14 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
I think I'm going to let more "factcheckers" chew on the bill over the weekend until I argue this, but I'm willing to bet that the same vague loopholes will be present in this 1,990 page trainwreck. Something like this - one area defines who is & who is not eligible (this will be the part that says outright no illegals - Yeah!) then several hundred pages later there will be a section describing proof of eligibility which will be thin as owl shit and let anyone in with a pulse.
10-30-2009, 08:08 PM   #12
graphicgr8s

Yes, Grayson apologized for both his comment about Republican healthcare plan ("die die") and the "K street whore" deal.

The fact that Grayson may very well be "an idiot, a fool, and an all around imbecile" is irrelevant.
From my understanding immigration status cannot stop a person from partaking of public programs. That is Constitutional, from my understanding. The big O is a Constitutional liar, I mean lawyer and would/should be aware of that. So Wilson is right.

QuoteQuote:
Was Joe Wilson Right?

There is no question that under the present law, Congress simply cannot pick and choose which "persons" to whom it will afford social benefits and to which "persons" it will not. How could the president not have known that?

Congressman Joe Wilson (R-SC) has been disciplined by his colleagues in the House of Representatives because he called President Obama a "liar" during the president's address to a joint session of Congress last week. The statement that the president made, which apparently provoked the Congressman's outburst, stated that illegal aliens would not receive health care benefits under the president's government option proposal, which essentially proposes a Medicare-type program for everyone in America under the age of 65.

The president was the editor-in-chief of the Harvard Law Review when he was in law school. -- This is the single most prestigious position to which any law student can aspire. The president was also a member of the faculty of the University of Chicago Law School, where he taught constitutional law. This is the most difficult to join and most demanding of all law school faculties in the country. His legal education and his academic credentials as a legal thinker are truly extraordinary. From this we can conclude that he knows, or ought to know, the basic law of the land.

The Constitution imposes on the government numerous burdens that we as individuals do not have. For example, I can tell my nephew to keep quiet at the dinner table because I don't like what he said about grandma, but the First Amendment prevents the government from keeping him silent on a street corner when he criticizes it. Similarly, I can give a gift to some of my nephews and nieces because they are great kids, but I don't need to give gifts of equal value, since I can spend my money on gifts however I wish. But the government has some burdens here that individuals do not. The Constitution requires that the government treat all persons similarly situated in a similar manner. This is the essence of "Equal Protection," which the Constitution requires of the states and the federal government.

In the late 1970s, the State of Texas enacted legislation that denied a public school education to the children of illegal immigrants and denied state aid to municipalities that attempted to educate those children. Many illegal immigrants filed suit and all of the cases made their way to the Supreme Court. In a landmark ruling, that most lawyers know about, and that every professor of constitutional law knows about, called Plyler vs. Doe (1982), the Court ordered Texas to make the same education available to illegal immigrants as it does to citizens. In so doing, the Court held that: (a) the Constitution protects "persons;" and (b) persons are citizens as well as strangers, people born here and people who end up here, people here lawfully and people here unlawfully; and (c) in the area of social services, whatever benefits the government makes available to the general public cannot be kept away from a class of persons based on their immigration status or that of their parents.

It is because of this ruling that Proposition 187 in California, which attempted to do via a referendum what Texas attempted to do via legislation, was invalidated. It is clear from the broad language in the Plyler case that providing an education is in the same class of social benefits as providing health care.

Now, back to Congressman Wilson and President Obama. Can anyone really suggest that the Harvard Law School-educated University of Chicago-employed professor of constitutional law did NOT know the law when he contended that the Congress can keep universal health care away from illegals? He must have known that, short of amending the Constitution to re-define "persons" and "Equal Protection," whatever the Congress makes available by way of social services to the general population, it must make available to all persons.

There is no question that under the present law, Congress simply cannot pick and choose which "persons" to whom it will afford social benefits and to which "persons" it will not. How could the president not have known that?

Last edited by graphicgr8s; 10-30-2009 at 08:30 PM.
10-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #13
graphicgr8s

Is this his apology?

MilkandCookies - Rep. Alan Grayson's Apology

Wilson apologized also. A real apology not a grayson. Why was he censured but not Grayson? Yeah I know why.
10-30-2009, 10:29 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Is this his apology?

MilkandCookies - Rep. Alan Grayson's Apology

Wilson apologized also. A real apology not a grayson. Why was he censured but not Grayson? Yeah I know why.
Nope, that's not it. The text of his apology is pretty easy to find. Even Fox has it.
10-30-2009, 10:47 PM   #15
Veteran Member

From my understanding immigration status cannot stop a person from partaking of public programs. That is Constitutional, from my understanding. The big O is a Constitutional liar, I mean lawyer and would/should be aware of that. So Wilson is right.
No attribution for your quote?

Given for a moment that Wilson was correct and that Obama was lying, the underlying reason that even his own party demanded he apologize is that you simply do not do what he did. It's a horrendous breach of protocol and decorum, and completely different from what Grayson did.

Even Pres. Cheney, who was almost a compulsive liar while in office and sent thousands of American soldiers to be slaughtered, was never interrupted in such a way.

As for "Constitutional liar", how about the unPatriot Act?

Ugh, this thread...