Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2009, 03:48 AM   #31
Adorama Camera Representative

Message from Helen at Adorama Camera

QuoteOriginally posted by joele Quote
Helen,

I will provide details for you but is it worthwhile as most ISPs in Australia use Dynamic IP, so my IP can change every few days..

iinet is the thrid largest ISP in Australia, so if their ranges are blocked that could account for a lot of potential customers..
It's worth a try. We hope to have all the holes plugged within a few days, but if you'd like to access the site in the meantime, this ought to work.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera

11-01-2009, 03:53 AM   #32

QuoteOriginally posted by rustynail925 Quote
Thx for the help ive been trying to get into adorama for about a week or more. Last month adorama was ok.. How do you manage to know the proxy server for the adorama.com?
ive been trying to get to another website (forexworld.com) for box tracking of shipment but cant get in also.
a proxy is basically "An intermediate server that sits between the client and the origin server. It accepts requests from clients, transmits those requests on to the origin server, and then returns the response from the origin server to the client."

means it will work with other websites too. not only adorama.

since adorama applied a filter for many IP addresses, using a proxy means that you are just accessing the site via an intermediary.

an analogy - i am at location A and i want to go to location C. the normal route from A to C is road B. however, due to problems/issues i am not able to get to C via that normal route. therefore i use a different route (road D) to get to C.
11-01-2009, 03:53 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
If you contact me with the details requested above, we would hope to be able to get you access later today.

Helen Oster

Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera
Thx Helen I'll drop you a PM when i have some trouble with it.
11-01-2009, 03:57 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It timed out for me as well and I'm with Iinet. I hope they haven't started sneaky tests of those net filters.

11-02-2009, 08:36 AM   #35

i can ping adorama now but i still cannot access the website. it still says network timed out The server at Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera is taking too long to respond.
11-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #36
Adorama Camera Representative

Message from Helen at Adorama Camera

QuoteOriginally posted by L(2) Quote
i can ping adorama now but i still cannot access the website. it still says network timed out The server at Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera is taking too long to respond.
Did you contact me with your details, as above?

Helen Oster

11-02-2009, 06:24 PM   #37

QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
Did you contact me with your details, as above?

Helen Oster

yes i did but no worries, it seems to work now. thanks.

edit:
back to same problem. can ping but won't load.

Last edited by L(2); 11-03-2009 at 09:31 AM.