Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-30-2009, 10:43 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
For supper, I took a pork rib roast and cut it into approximately 1" thick pork chops which were cooked in a grill pan using garlic, celery and onion salt, garlic and onion powder with a touch of Greek seasoning. To complement this and the veggies, I baked a pan of cornbread (5 scoops corn meal, 1 scoop flower, 1 egg, vegetable oil and buttermilk) using an oiled and seasoned cast iron skillet with the pan preheated in the oven to 400F. Remember if you fix cornbread, it should be baked in a cast iron skillet that is used ONLY for cornbread. By the way, sugar and cornbread are NOT compatible I'm pretty sure it says somewhere in the bible Thou shalt not put sugar in cornbread.

If I had seen this thread before supper, I would have done a presentation plate and photographed it. As it was, the thread made me end up back in the kitchen for cornbread and buttermilk which I am eating right now. Crumble up some cornbread into a glass and covering it with buttermilk and eat with a spoon (finely chopped onions can be added for flavor). The ultimate bedtime snack!

CW

10-31-2009, 03:18 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Hard to beat a Possum Salad sandwich!
Possum? Looks like squirrel to me
10-31-2009, 06:28 AM   #18
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
Yeah - somehow I gagged it down!
I'm Canadian of English heritage - it's the best I can do.
J. Something says you didn't catch the meaning "behind" this.

G3
10-31-2009, 08:57 AM   #19
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
J. Something says you didn't catch the meaning "behind" this.

G3
ok - read the whole posting this time. Got it.

...please, no pictures. :fedup

10-31-2009, 11:04 AM   #20
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No Richard!

QuoteOriginally posted by RichardS Quote
Possum? Looks like squirrel to me
You know I would never eat a handsome Squirrel! Anyhow, their meat is much darker than the white meat of a fine Possum! Armadillo is also very white and tender....not that I am biased against dark meat! If you take a fat Armadillo and hollow out his shell, mixing all the innards with guacamole and turn the shell upside down, you can dip chips through an entire NFL game.
Regards!
Rupert
10-31-2009, 08:39 PM   #21
graphicgr8s

You know I would never eat a handsome Squirrel! Anyhow, their meat is much darker than the white meat of a fine Possum! Armadillo is also very white and tender....not that I am biased against dark meat! If you take a fat Armadillo and hollow out his shell, mixing all the innards with guacamole and turn the shell upside down, you can dip chips through an entire NFL game.
Regards!
Rupert
Adding squirrel makes it tastier though.
10-31-2009, 10:48 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Regards!
Rupert
Hmmm. That sounds good. Where can I find an armadillo? Even better ... my wife doesn't like guacamole so it's all for meeee!

Richard.